Ga Tech Pt II postgame | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Pt II postgame

I can’t imagine he enjoys this. Not even sure why he wants to coach anymore.
I can’t either, and he sounds incredibly exhausted by it, I really wouldn’t be shocked if he calls it. I can’t imagine he wants to coach this crew next year.

My honest hope is that these guys bail and some legit transfers come in and he calls it after a successful season next year. Would be good for everyone.

I can’t either, and he sounds incredibly exhausted by it, I really wouldn’t be shocked if he calls it. I can’t imagine he wants to coach this crew next year.

My honest hope is that these guys bail and some legit transfers come in and he calls it after a successful season next year. Would be good for everyone.
The problem is, would he really go after legit transfers? The team had needs coming into this season that could have been fixed via the transfer portal, but all they got was Hima. I could see him being ok with going with the guys who stay (Hima at center, Taylor and Copeland at the guard spots, Brown and Bol-Ajak at the forward spots) and bringing in a couple guys from lower level schools to back those guys up.

The problem is, would he really go after legit transfers? The team had needs coming into this season that could have been fixed via the transfer portal, but all they got was Hima. I could see him being ok with going with the guys who stay (Hima at center, Taylor and Copeland at the guard spots, Brown and Bol-Ajak at the forward spots) and bringing in a couple guys from lower level schools to back those guys up.
I disagree, he’s not ok playing them now hence the quick removals and DNP-CDs. He has nothing else.

That’s a lovely sentiment, but unfortunately with this staff and the offensive and defensive ‘systems’ they are so tied to at this point - it doesn’t matter who you swap in on the roster - it won’t bring a successful season (unless you seriously re-define what a successful season is/should be for an SU team).

It was actually like 4 or 5 Make A Wish Kids…
...The ones who didn't get to go to Disney World.

They're meeting a WWE superstar next week. John Cena is unavailable, so they're sending Bastion Booger instead.

Last edited:
Just listened to 3/4 of the press conference and here is my take. JB really can see the xs and os of what is happening on the floor and still has sharp game awareness, but can't seem to get the players to do what he envisions needs to be done to be successful. But what was missing in the comments was any talk about game plans for each game. It seems like they are practicing only defense, and to me every practice and every game must seem the same instead of taking each team apart, and then practicing and setting up the team for each specific game. He did talk about keeping the one shooter from shooting, but I am not hearing about complete game plans being done. Maybe this is where he is loosing the players as it is too rote. Just a thought. Obviously something is off.

He finally placed the blame for the team’s poor performance on himself, which I’ve never seen him do before. He’s starting to accept that this is the end.

Yeah, his admittance and taking ownership possibly may indeed be the most telling thing for sure relative to this incredibly sad state of affairs, et al.

Other than that St. John’s debacle at home right before Christmas a few years back, I can’t ever recall JB placing the onus where it belongs…squarely on him.

Seems like such a no-brainer easy fix.
Why does everyone want a coach who was embroiled in controversy at U of A and fired because of it? Even if he was not the guilty party, he was the leader of those who were guilty. I don't want someone who is not in tune with what is going down within their program.

Just listened to 3/4 of the press conference and here is my take. JB really can see the xs and os of what is happening on the floor and still has sharp game awareness, but can't seem to get the players to do what he envisions needs to be done to be successful. But what was missing in the comments was any talk about game plans for each game. It seems like they are practicing only defense, and to me every practice and every game must seem the same instead of taking each team apart, and then practicing and setting up the team for each specific game. He did talk about keeping the one shooter from shooting, but I am not hearing about complete game plans being done. Maybe this is where he is loosing the players as it is too rote. Just a thought. Obviously something is off.
JB is finally realizing he’s not cut out for the modern game. He’s a system coach that developed a system that worked for a point in time where outside shooting was de-emphasized. The game changed with Steph Curry and the maximization of the 3. JB’s system gets shredded and he’s not capable of changing.

Something is very wrong inside this program. When you get blown out at home by a bad team. When your team basically quits after halftime. Something is WRONG.
Yep, I have never ever seen in all my years of sportsdom, both as a player and as a fan, never seen a team quit like this, not only on the coach, but on themselves. Most of that falls on a coach.

We sit behind the bench and witnessed all of this in a very depressing fashion. Very sad to witness, also sadly as well, very predictable.

Why does everyone want a coach who was embroiled in controversy at U of A and fired because of it? Even if he was not the guilty party, he was the leader of those who were guilty. I don't want someone who is not in tune with what is going down within their program.

Pot calling the kettle black here with some of our fans. Like our coach hasn't had the University under probation twice. Had wins stripped away. Was suspended. And a full on circus of an FBI investigation break out all under his watch...

What they claimed he was guilty of is legal now.

1- He can get top end talent
2- He can coach good
3- He can navigate the NIL landscape as he was already doing it in Arizona it was illegal so he knows how to play the game
4- He would be juice to our program quickly on the recruiting trail

JB should announce he’s done tonight or tomorrow and go the sympathetic, humble route in doing so - he’ll get the ovation and crowd he deserves against Wake, and then we can mercifully move on.
If he does, this, I would go out of my way to make the game, which, as of right now I’m not gonna be able to make.

Take your pick.
The team lacks senior leadership.
Its the end of the year and we still dont have a set lineup.
We are way too young.
The team doesn't have much to play for.
Kids are thinking about their next moves.
Jim isnt able to connect with them and at this point his coaching is falling on deaf ears.

JB is finally realizing he’s not cut out for the modern game. He’s a system coach that developed a system that worked for a point in time where outside shooting was de-emphasized. The game changed with Steph Curry and the maximization of the 3. JB’s system gets shredded and he’s not capable of changing.
He just needs guys as long as Grant, as tough as Rak, and as fast as the flash. Easy peasy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom