Game-Changing Initiative | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game-Changing Initiative

I think we all want the same thing as fans. We just all see a different way of that happening.

What about all the other sports? Their travel,schollys, stipends,etc.? What about facility upkeep? Why do people think that athletic departments make all this money? That is why we, the fans,will have to dig deep if we can to pay players on top of continuing to support the University. My main concern is that Syracuse won’t be able to compete in this new way of the world and stay relevant. Syracuse sports has been one of the joys of my life and I don’t want to see it end. I feel like this is the path to the end for many good to great programs.
I'm open to college players getting a smaller cut of the revenue than the pros in the majors get, and the difference going to fund non-revenue sports. They can find millions of dollars for college coaches - in some cases more than the pros get - so I know there's money there for players. Facility upkeep? The pros don't have to do that? It all comes out of the revenue. Players aren't going to be getting anywhere near all the revenue.

And on cue, Chancellor Kent is brainstorming a Super League with collective bargaining. Looks like the scholarship is pay enough crowd is gonna lose this battle.
And you don't think if the Chancellor is talking our AD isn't part of this.
With his background he would know where the money is.

What about all the other sports? Their travel,schollys, stipends,etc.? What about facility upkeep? Why do people think that athletic departments make all this money? That is why we, the fans,will have to dig deep if we can to pay players on top of continuing to support the University. My main concern is that Syracuse won’t be able to compete in this new way of the world and stay relevant. Syracuse sports has been one of the joys of my life and I don’t want to see it end. I feel like this is the path to the end for many good to great programs.
Sounds like you should donate if you’re able. This is the game right now. Can’t complain if you’re not contributing. Fans of other schools are.

Cash cow with free labor. Great business model. When conferences weren't signing billion dollar TV contracts the student athlete model may have made more sense. The scholarship/education may have been a fair payoff. That's ancient history now. Adults are making billions off these kids and paying them squat.

The jig is up. The one way money machine is done. No going back now. And the schools will resist at first but WILL end up in a pay for play model. No longer if, it's when. Whether it succeeds only time will tell.
The funny thing is the schools are still getting all this money and still are not paying the kids. It’s the fans/donors paying with collectives. I have no problem with kids getting paid but the money should come from the schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom