Geez, not sure what to say. | Syracusefan.com

Geez, not sure what to say.

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Just watched the replay on WatchEspn and haven't looked at the board much.

Safe to say though if White goes for a few threes less then this is likely a loss. I haven't looked at a box score but it was an ABYSMAL job on the def boards it felt to me. That Aminu skying over our guys and other Ospreys grabbing rebounds. Not securing rebounds and Lydon having them ripped from him. Getting out hustled big time. Felt like I was watching Pitt with Sam Young and DeJuan Blair except these were the Ospreys.

Nice to see Battle play with confidence. Same with Coleman.

Perimeter D was garbage. Just garbage. Gillon was horrendous in all facets of the game today. Very disappointing.

Lydon wasn't much better and Roberson's play is approaching comical out there. The amount of missed bunnies by the whole team was unreal.

I still don't think this was a game for Chukwu and am not as down on TT as others.

Good game by Frank on offense. Really good vision out there.

This was not a good performance. Did we improve? Hard to say but I'm leaning to no, frankly. North Florida had some good offensive rebounders like Aminu and that PG is a good player. Rest of their team was garbage. Fortunately they missed a bunch of their OPEN looks in the 1H. We'll see how we do against a more athletic UConn team who will try to play street ball. If they get all those offensive rebounds like North Florida did then we're leaving MSG with a loss, imo.

Safe to say though if White goes for a few threes less then this is likely a loss. I haven't looked at a box score but it was an ABYSMAL job on the def boards it felt to me. That Aminu skying over our guys and other Ospreys grabbing rebounds. Not securing rebounds and Lydon having them ripped from him. Getting out hustled big time. Felt like I was watching Pitt with Sam Young and DeJuan Blair except these were the Ospreys.

Perimeter D was garbage. Just garbage. Gillon was horrendous in all facets of the game today. Very disappointing.

Lydon wasn't much better and Roberson's play is approaching comical out there. The amount of missed bunnies by the whole team was unreal.

I still don't think this was a game for Chukwu and am not as down on TT as others.

This was not a good performance. Did we improve? Hard to say but I'm leaning to no, frankly. North Florida had some good offensive rebounders like Aminu and that PG is a good player. Rest of their team was garbage. Fortunately they missed a bunch of their OPEN looks in the 1H. We'll see how we do against a more athletic UConn team who will try to play street ball. If they get all those offensive rebounds like North Florida did then we're leaving MSG with a loss, imo.
If White didn't give us the big lead, JB doesn't sub the way he did and we win.

If White didn't give us the big lead, JB doesn't sub the way he did and we win.

LOL. Sure, that is possible I guess but I'm inclined to think it would be a dogfight the whole game.

Biggest improvement in this game was how we passed and shared the ball. We played a lot more team-oriented. The halfcourt ball movement was improved. The rebounding and missed bunnies were bad to the point of embarrassment. Our bigs, in particular, have to finish.

One scary thought: Coleman might have our best mid-range jumper.

I don't. Our top 5 guys for the most part looked good to me. It was every time we went to the bench. None of them played well. Their defense was just terrible.

You think Lydon played well?!

Yukon is actually not more athletic than them, but whatever works dude.

Not really. But it was the bench that draws my ire. Overall, I was happy with the starters as a group.

Agreed. I think this is a 7 man team. Maybe 6.5.

Not really. But it was the bench that draws my ire. Overall, I was happy with the starters as a group.

Yeah, the bench was surprisingly really poor tonight.

Yukon is actually not more athletic than them, but whatever works dude.

Your handle is so fitting as always. I'll actually maybe agree with you on this BUT only because they have some critical injuries seriously hindering their athleticism. You didn't take that into account did you? If you're saying though that all hands on deck North Florida is more athletic than UConn then just ignore my posts, please.

Your handle is so fitting as always. I'll actually maybe agree with you on this BUT only because they have some critical injuries seriously hindering their athleticism. You didn't take that into account did you? If you're saying though that all hands on deck North Florida is more athletic than UConn then just ignore my posts, please.
oh come on, I wasn't attacking you

Agreed. I think this is a 7 man team. Maybe 6.5.

If that becomes the case, then I think that would be a huge failure on JB's part. There are 8 guys that can and need to contribute. There is a ninth - Chuckwu that is a project, but should be good as at least a situational 1/2 player. If we don't have a solid 8-1/2 player rotation by year end, then that will be a major disappointment and one that I would hang around the coaches' necks. We aren't doing anything with a 6.5 player rotation.

Biggest improvement in this game was how we passed and shared the ball. We played a lot more team-oriented. The halfcourt ball movement was improved. The rebounding and missed bunnies were bad to the point of embarrassment. Our bigs, in particular, have to finish.

One scary thought: Coleman might have our best mid-range jumper.
Coleman is our only player that has a mid-range jumper.

I'm scratching my head as to what happened to Gillon. He's fallen off a cliff, body language is horrible.

I'm scratching my head as to what happened to Gillon. He's fallen off a cliff, body language is horrible.

He seems to have become JB's whipping boy, maybe he doesn't have the mental make up to take that beating?

Safe to say though if White goes for a few threes less then this is likely a loss. I haven't looked at a box score but it was an ABYSMAL job on the def boards it felt to me. That Aminu skying over our guys and other Ospreys grabbing rebounds. Not securing rebounds and Lydon having them ripped from him. Getting out hustled big time.

I was at the game last night and said to my friend, "What this team could use is a fight at practice." By that, I mean that they need to get much more competitive and they have to realize that if they continue to play so soft, there is another talented player on the bench who can come in and do their job. They need to hold each other more accountable, too.

Now, that said, if Roberson becomes the sacrificial lamb who loses his starting job, then Taurean Thompson has to play better when he comes in. He has had some very good games so far, but last night was not one of them.

I was also surprised that Pikachu didn't get so much as a peek in the game. He must have had a bad week at practice. But you have to keep playing him for him to get better.

LOL. Sure, that is possible I guess but I'm inclined to think it would be a dogfight the whole game.

No, we came out on fire in the second half and had them down by about 25 points. Then with about 12 minutes to go, they all just decided that the game was over, and all the effort went out of the defense.

That's not true. Taurean Thompson has shown he can make that shot. And frankly, Roberson has been so bad on lay ups and put backs that when he takes an 8 foot jumper, I think it has a better chance of going in.

Thompson has one but he's not likely to be in the game at the same time. White's got one but JB probably prefers he be at the 3 point line because he can make the same shot from there. We actually had 12 points from the Twilight Zone , (between the paint and the arc) last night vs. 2 for NF, so it doesn't appear to be a deficit for this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom