Georgetown game thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown game thread...

I know the answer appears obvious, but I guess no shot that Chinonso will be able to contribute up front this year. This is the weakest front line I can remember. Just a lot of glaring problems in the front and backcourt that was masked a bit last week with good shooting. ACC play might be real ugly at times.

At this point, I hope the trend of playing one half like crap and the other quite well continues. At least for today. Cause that was definitely the bad half.

Doubled up on rebounds again today & poor shooting... This has got to change at some point or we are going to get beat up every ACC game. On the upside at least we made a couple foul shota

They need to pretend they are in the Bahamas with a low roof and dark lighting so they can start making some shots.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this half. If we dont show up in the second half this team just doesnt have it.

"Georgetown pitch….. pitching a shutout, 11-0 over Syracuse"

Can anyone explain this?

Doubled up on rebounds again today & poor shooting... This has got to change at some point or we are going to get beat up every ACC game. On the upside at least we made a couple foul shota

Rebounding would not be such a big problem if the shot went down the first time. On defense I think they are playing pretty good. GT is shooting well from 3. Hopefully second half GT will go cold.

my halftime thoughts.
Gtowns guards have a combined 7 points that's it. the rest is their forwards.
And their guards only have one of their 4 threes.
They are a strong physical team that scores well in the paint.

To bad Cooney didn't drain that three right before Gbinije's could have been a 4 point game at that point if he did.

Lydon is just so out physicaled out there its like having a fill in Kaleb tried to do more.
We got some decent looks once we settled in.

48% from the field to 32%
gtown has been a good shoting team all year.

Lets go Cuse play some good basketball!

Its clear that Atlantis was a bit of an abberation, inside we are a complete mess and Cooney and G have not looked closed to as good as they did those three games. Cooney especially looks bad.

It's tough when you have to rely for freshmen for a big part of your offense...understandable that Lydon and Richardson would be worn down after three games in three days. Hey, even Jim "22-year-olds don't get tired" Boeheim said that Lydon had no legs (if only the coach recognized this in setting substitution patterns for the rest of his career).

Some lineups can get nothing from the freshmen and eke out a lot of wins. I'm skeptical that Cooney and Gbinije are guys who can consistently make that happen. When shots don't fall, we're in trouble.

just a physical good shooting team from many positions makes it hard to cheat defensively. not a great matchup for us on a night we are outshot by 10% from the feild we aren't going to win.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this half. If we dont show up in the second half this team just doesnt have it.

It's pretty close here. If they do lose this game I still may have to give the some leeway for yet another NCAA BS shenanigan. Giving the team only 3 days to prepare for a head coaching change is typical NCAA hate on Syracuse.

Its clear that Atlantis was a bit of an abberation, inside we are a complete mess and Cooney and G have not looked closed to as good as they did those three games. Cooney especially looks bad.

Lydon is non-existent on offense.

We are getting punched in the mouth inside and getting beaten up. The whole offense is now 5 guys all 20 feet from the rim. Shooting is bad because all the perimeter shots are contested. GT not respecting any inside game. Going to be a problem all year against athletic & physical teams. And there are a lot of them in the ACC. We need to get some/any semblance of an inside game to keep defenses honest.

It's tough when you have to rely for freshmen for a big part of your offense...understandable that Lydon and Richardson would be worn down after three games in three days. Hey, even Jim "22-year-olds don't get tired" Boeheim said that Lydon had no legs (if only the coach recognized this in setting substitution patterns for the rest of his career).

Some lineups can get nothing from the freshmen and eke out a lot of wins. I'm skeptical that Cooney and Gbinije are guys who can consistently make that happen. When shots don't fall, we're in trouble.

Malachi is 0 for too many in the last two games. JB called it when he said if our shooting is off we will not beat "anybody".

It's pretty close here. If they do lose this game I still may have to give the some leeway for yet another NCAA BS shenanigan. Giving the team only 3 days to prepare for a head coaching change is typical NCAA hate on Syracuse.
I thought it was two days. Otherwise i agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom