Georgetown's Qudus Wahab transferring to Maryland | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown's Qudus Wahab transferring to Maryland

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Qudus Wahab was born and raised in Nigeria. Lagos Nigeria to be exact.
You know who else was born and raised in Lagos Nigeria, Frank Anselem.
It may be purely coincidental. They may not have any connections whatsoever. I just find it interesting and could be a link to get him to Syracuse.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Qudus Wahab was born and raised in Nigeria. Lagos Nigeria to be exact.
It may be purely coincidental. They may not have any connections whatsoever. I just find it interesting and could be a link to get him to Syracuse.

I get emails from someone in Nigeria all the time.

Something about winning a lottery.

IMO, when a guy this good playing for who he really wanted to play for and had a lot of success, all of a sudden is in the portal it’s not to look around and see who’s interested. Would not be surprised if behind the scenes he knows exactly where he’s going. I figure he’ll end up at one of the top teams.
This has Kentucky and Duke written all over it

Probably know each other, Lagos being so small. :)

It would be very Coach K to sign him and park him on the bench.
Kentucky has Oscar Tshiebwe. I doubt Qudus and handler want to have his time at center split with another equal talent. Not sure who Duke, NC or Kansas has at the position, but we have a clear open spot for Qudus to get 30 plus minutes and a solid team with shooters to surround him. Coach and Assistants need to get to work.

There is room for 2 good centers. I think this kid and Edwards compliment each other fairly well. Edwards has more skill and is more of a shot blocker. This kid is more of a banger, low block scorer, and rebounder.

Edwards has more skill ? Really? In what alternate dimension ?

Kentucky has Oscar Tshiebwe. I doubt Qudus and handler want to have his time at center split with another equal talent. Not sure who Duke, NC or Kansas has at the position, but we have a clear open spot for Qudus to get 30 plus minutes and a solid team with shooters to surround him. Coach and Assistants need to get to work.
Kansas has McCormick i believe

None of this matters if the bag is heavy enough
The bag is helpful, but if you are NBA talent and actively seeking exposure, why would you go to a program with a solid starting center to split playing time, not be able to show your full capabilities and hurt your draft position?

College basketball will be fine. We get this is how you feel, you've made it very clear, but the sport will survive.

It's supposed to be about the kids and this is a rule that needs to happen for the kids. The money will be there for as long as March Madness exists and people will continue to support their alma maters or favorite teams regardless of the turnover. If you choose not to do so the sport will be fine without you.
I’ve never said I wouldn’t support Syracuse. I said this will cause a slow and steady bleeding of fans from the sport. The sport will survive but it may not thrive in the ways that it could and should.

And don’t shame me about “the kids.” I’ve long supported actually paying players real $$$ from the vast sums that schools and the NCAA make every year from their TV deals. Many people support the NIL now, but I think they should go even further and take a piece of the NCAA tourney pie. I’ve supported that for many years. The athletes deserve to be paid.

However, this transfer rule invites complete and utter chaos and instability. The NBA doesn’t have unlimited free agency after every season. The coaches and schools have opposed this rule for years for a reason. It’s a bad rule change and the unintended consequences aren’t being considered. Schools are wasting insane resources recruiting and developing kids, only for them to up and leave after one or two years. Mid majors and smaller schools are gonna get screwed. Coaching staffs have to scramble. Lots of programs and players will be hurt by this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom