Georgia's Locker-room | Syracusefan.com

Georgia's Locker-room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this at the practice facility or stadium? Ours from what I saw with our upgrades won't be a closet.

Also it's just wild to me that we are in a day and age where a photography studio must be built into a locker room..

Our locker rooms are comparable to a broom closet at Georgia.

We have less fans and most of them have better things to do with their money.

That's not a dig at our fans either. Quite the opposite.

I'd never take a fund raising job for an athletics department. One, because I wasn't built for fund raising, but two, has to be the weirdest cause to sell. Maybe those two things are related.

I'd never take a fund raising job for an athletics department. One, because I wasn't built for fund raising, but two, has to be the weirdest cause to sell. Maybe those two things are related.
We have fewer fans.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that 13 of the last 16 college champions have been from Georgia, Florida, Louisiana or Alabama. It's a religion. Here it's an afterthought.
It truly is a religion. Ironic that is the bible belt.

I think if you're doing it right, you're selling "love."

And "love" can make individuals become very generous.

And yet one more reason to continue to lose interest in CFB. It’s like living in Elizabeth NJ - we can see Manhattan - but we aren’t able to live in the City. SU football is like triple A baseball now.

It truly is a religion. Ironic that is the bible belt.
You should read up on the origin of college football in the south. Has nothing to do with the bible. I live in Georgia and while it is seen as a religion by some the history behind it is more political and to this day still has political undertones. Some of the ideology exists even on this board as to why people in the south still point at football's importance.

"What, you are going to donate that money to the local homeless shelter so some 400 people will be able to enjoy hot meals for the next year? Why on earth would you do that when you can have your name on a plaque above our long snapper's locker? You know, he's got an X-Box in there. Go Dawgs!"

In the end, i think most charitable people, really spread it around. At least, I like to think that.

"What, you are going to donate that money to the local homeless shelter so some 400 people will be able to enjoy hot meals for the next year? Why on earth would you do that when you can have your name on a plaque above our long snapper's locker? You know, he's got an X-Box in there. Go Dawgs!"

In the end, i think most charitable people, really spread it around. At least, I like to think that.

That is a big part of donors for UGA then we have:

But by all means continue perpetuating the myth that all money goes to football. The donors also consist of former athletes who donate to other major charities but that wouldn't fit your narrative either I suppose. A large portion of donations are tied to football tickets and those donations are applied across more than 500 UGA athletes not just football. I guess it helps to have a passionate fanbase over a bunch of folks content to rake leaves. You get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom