I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst

How many games do we win without Judah this season? Who puts the ball in the hoop? Who draws the top defender and still produces enough? We play 6 guys basically. Two can't shoot. Another two can't play defense. No center, which forces our other top player out of position. We NEED Judah!
Players come, players go. This sounds eerily familiar to when Flynn left and that worked out well. Not saying we are winning 30 games next year, but Red is going to bring in good players.

I’m not measuring him against our guards. I’m measuring him against using the term elite. He does not have elite speed. He does not have elite leaping ability. He is agile. He has a quick first step against college guards.

But elite??? Where it’s consider it upper end of potential nba traits? No.

Now, that’s fine for college to an extent. But he’s also not an elite dribbler and doesn’t have elite vision.

He’s a very talented player at the college level. No doubt.

But his best case, and it’s a moonshot at this point, is to model himself after Jeff Teague.

That’s who he is. He is not an elite athlete.
Maybe we have different definitions of athleticism. My definition is how they would perform at a "combine" or how they would perform on a track and field team. I consider it separate from vision, fundamentals, hand-eye coordination, etc.

Maybe we have different definitions of athleticism. My definition is how they would perform at a "combine" or how they would perform on a track and field team. I consider it separate from vision, fundamentals, hand-eye coordination, etc.

Do you think that he would be considered an upper level athlete at the nba combine?

I do not.

All good if we just disagree.

I wanted him T'd up for the constant complaining he has done for 2 years.
At least you can be honest with yourself that it's personal.

Rather than referees treating each contest as separate, and calling plays as they come in the game they're currently officiating, you're advocating that they use events from previous contests that they may or may not have directly officiated to influence how they make their calls.

That's insanity. That's not supported in the rule book. This is exactly what I'm talking about. We have some fans that are so blinded by their feelings toward some of our players that they're in favor of negative things for them that have to be completely fabricated.

It was like 15 seconds and it was done.
Eh, it's been a season long issue as discussed in this very thread. The technical is just the culmination so far.

If the Clemson game comes down to Judah hunting for a foul and the refs swallow their whistle resulting in a runout for Clemson to seal the game, well, that's gonna hurt a lot more than a T during a game against an inferior opponent.

Where it’s consider it upper end of potential nba traits? No.
I mean you're saying to consider a college player's athleticism elite it needs to be elite at the NBA level?

I don't agree with that.

I'm comfortable saying Judah has elite athleticism for a college guard, but does not have elite athleticism by NBA standards.

At least you can be honest with yourself that it's personal.

Rather than referees treating each contest as separate, and calling plays as they come in the game they're currently officiating, you're advocating that they use events from previous contests that they may or may not have directly officiated to influence how they make their calls.

That's insanity. That's not supported in the rule book. This is exactly what I'm talking about. We have some fans that are so blinded by their feelings toward some of our players that they're in favor of negative things for them that have to be completely fabricated.
Robot umps.

Do you think that he would be considered an upper level athlete at the nba combine?

I do not.

All good if we just disagree.
I think his athleticism and scoring off the dribble would be above average, and his passing, shooting and general maturity would be below average.

I just saw this thread, hard to believe there are nine pages discussing this. At any rate, since so much discussion, and I don't recall the T (I must have been on a beer run to the kitchen at the time), I pulled up the video to watch. I also recorded it in case anyone else wants to see it. Based on the video...

I agree with all of this. The bottom line though is Judah absolutely deserved getting a T. Then yelling at your coach was inexcusable.

All I saw is there is a guy in a Syracuse shirt eating KFC yum yum sitting one row higher while Judah was complaining to Red. It could be Judah saying "coach I want original recipe like his in the YUM Center but you got me extra crispy!"

There's correlation. That being, the fact that the university is afforded by getting its own customers to pay in each instance. Remarkably, a best of both world's scenario.

Huh? Read his initial post I responded too. No correlation at all.

This thread, from start to finish, is so dumb.

It was like 15 seconds and it was done. Who gives a sh!!?

I don’t know if the agenda is anti-Judah or anti-Autry, but it’s dumb.

Very odd attribution you're making, since me starting this thread was neither anti-Judah nor anti-Autry.

It was a situation that could have cost us the game. This is a message board -- you know, where we discuss things about the hoops team.

Last edited:
Huh? Read his initial post I responded too. No correlation at all.

I may have misinterpreted.

I thought the general premise of his argument was that had the university paid Jesse more coin, that in turn would've paid dividends by having him on the roster, us having a better (possibly even nationally ranked) team, therefore, putting more folks in the Dome throughout the season, etc., etc. So, the ROI by paying Jesse's demand, would have been more than offset.

The university as we all know, doesn't pay for NIL, it gets its customers to cough up the coin out of their own pocket. Same as admittance; gate, season's, etc. Therefore, when you stated in your initial reply to him that one has nothing to do with the other (attendance vs. NIL), I said well, other than getting its own customers to pay for both...or along those lines. That's the correlation I was referring to.

My post was made somewhat in jest.

Last edited:
Very odd attribution you're making, since me starting this thread was neither anti-Judah nor anti-Autry.

It was a situation that could have cost us the game. This is a message board -- you know, where we discuss things about the hoops team.

I will say some folks have tried to turn it into an Judah and Autry bashing session even though it was clear just intended to discuss the incident.

Q looks like he is very surprised at the discussion. And Q is a talker, but he knows where the line is.
I was thinking something similar when I saw Cope's reaction. The other thing I thought about was look at all the guys on the bench. They're watching Judah spout off to coach. They're watching. That's how attitudes and bad behavior spreads on a team. In one isolated moment, no biggie. However with Judah, Bell (and when Benny was here), that has happened way too often.

I was thinking something similar when I saw Cope's reaction. The other thing I thought about was look at all the guys on the bench. They're watching Judah spout off to coach. They're watching. That's how attitudes and bad behavior spreads on a team. In one isolated moment, no biggie. However with Judah, Bell (and when Benny was here), that has happened way too often.

I’m curious if this bleeds into practice etc or if it’s the emotions of the game itself.

That’s fair. I thought the thread title was strange, that you were “surprised” those 15 seconds weren’t being discussed.

I’ll certainly take you at your word that there was nothing behind it, but it also was clearly going to lead to the usual pile on of Mintz and Autry.

Look, I think this team is very immature. And the T was silly. It also struck me that Judah was hot with Red because he thought he was doing what AG and Mac were telling him to do, and then Red started yelling at him.

That it led to 9 pages of “kick Mintz outta the programz!” By some folks is regrettable.

Players come, players go. This sounds eerily familiar to when Flynn left and that worked out well. Not saying we are winning 30 games next year, but Red is going to bring in good players.
More recent examples than Flynn would be Girard, Edwards, Kadary, and Guerrier. The grass is not always greener. I just want to avoid the crapshoot of an NIL portal if at all possible and hang on to a guy 2nd in scoring in the ACC. Will players be as eager to join Cuse in 2024 as they were in the Flynn era?

More recent examples than Flynn would be Girard, Edwards, Kadary, and Guerrier. The grass is not always greener. I just want to avoid the crapshoot of an NIL portal if at all possible and hang on to a guy 2nd in scoring in the ACC. Will players be as eager to join Cuse in 2024 as they were in the Flynn era?
Are you serious? Did we not sign a McDonalds All American under Red while bringing in JJ who was highly sought after last season?

If he was the only player doing it, I’d say it’s judahs fault and no one else’s, but he was one of 4 this year doing that…
Yup- I cringe at some of the exchanges we've seen between Red and some of the players. Specifically, Bell, Judah, Cope, and Benny when he was active. Either they're yapping at the refs, opposing players, or their HC.
I learned to accept that this new breed of player can be prone to interact more publicly w/ a HC- the days of Bob Knight are long gone. But it's still jarring and embarrassing to watch. JMHO

Are you serious? Did we not sign a McDonalds All American under Red while bringing in JJ who was highly sought after last season?
JJ, as sought after as he was, has not brought more to this team than Girard would have had he stayed. That is my point exactly. The grass is not always greener.

Can we for sure find someone in the portal who can pick up where Judah left off or improve upon what he did? It is a tall order. And one I would like to avoid if possible. Best replacement we could find for Jesse was McLeod.

Judah is not an elite athlete, full stop.

I can’t believe I have to keep posting this.
Looked pretty elite to me when he took the ball full court like he was shot out of a cannon at the end of the half. He seems to have elite speed, elite ability to control his body, elite handle and elite ability to get to the rim. Good chance he is 1st team all ACC and a draft pick. when he develops a jump shot consistently he will be impossible to stop.
I may have misinterpreted.

I thought the general premise of his argument was that had the university paid Jesse more coin, that in turn would've paid dividends by having him on the roster, us having a better (possibly even nationally ranked) team, therefore, putting more folks in the Dome throughout the season, etc., etc. So, the ROI by paying Jesse's demand, would have been more than offset in SU's benefit.

The university as we all know, doesn't pay for NIL, it gets its customers to cough up the coin out of their own pocket. Same as admittance; gate, season's, etc. Therefore, when you stated in your initial reply to him that one has nothing to do with the other (attendance vs. NIL), I said well, other than getting its own customers to pay for both...or along those lines. That's the correlation I was referring to.

My post was made somewhat in jest.
my understanding was it had to do with international rules with NIL and SU not willing to take the risk. WVU met him in Toronto with a bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom