I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst | Syracusefan.com

I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst

RF2044

Living Legend
What the hell was that?

Quickly triggered a Lville run, but our kids stretched the lead back out.

Would have been interesting to see the post-game locker room conversation.

Have to figure Red is hitting saturation point with this kind of on-court volatility.

I'm a big Judah fan, but you have to wonder if at some point it is best for Red to move on.

What the hell was that?

Have to figure Red is hitting saturation point with this kind of on-court volatility.

agreed. Cant do that chit. Especially laying into Red. Im glad he sat him down. Just not smart.

Weird moment for sure.

I thought he thought the ref was a Louisville player trying to take the ball. It didn't look to me like the ref was fully in his line of sight.

Strange technical foul. What was it even called for, delaying the game?

Didn’t see that happen because I had to pick my wife up from the airport.

But I’m kind of surprised we haven’t seen more incidents like this. You’ve got 20 year old kids pulling in 6 figure salaries now. These kids were entitled before they made this kind of scratch. And I say that as a parent of an entitled 20-year old. More money does not equal more maturity.

What the hell was that?

I have been wondering what Judah was upset about as well. He was jawing someone, and didn't realize it was the ref wanting the ball. I am not sure the T was necessary but who knows what the ref had already said to him. Then he started pleading with Red, and Red did the right thing and sat him down. Would be interesting to know for sure what was happening.

What the hell was that?

I'm a big Judah fan, but you have to wonder if at some point it is best for Red to move on.
Didn’t like it, but move on? Crazy talk.

Didn’t like it, but move on? Crazy talk.

Weird post.

What head coach is going to put up with a player showing him up DURING a game, overtly arguing with him on the court, while also harming the team with a technical foul in a must-win game?

This isn't a one off situation -- it's been boiling up all season. I don't expect Judah to be back. And from what I'm hearing, I don't think Red necessarily wants him back, either. Sometimes, change is good for both parties.

What the hell was that?

Red will move on from this as soon as the season is in the books.

It’s looking like Judah is going elsewhere nest season, I understand that his NIL demands are unreasonable for Cuse and with this type of behavior, why should HCAA and staff fight to hold onto him, despite his talent. A very good PG will be available through the portal.

Weird moment for sure.

I thought he thought the ref was a Louisville player trying to take the ball. It didn't look to me like the ref was fully in his line of sight.

Strange technical foul. What was it even called for, delaying the game?
Weird?! It was embarrassing. Embarrassing for him. Embarrassing for Red.

In the era of Bobby Knights, Gene Hackmans, and Jim Boeheims, he would’ve been benched for the rest of the game and maybe for the next couple of games.

Weird post.

What head coach is going to put up with a player showing him up DURING a game, overtly arguing with him on the court, while also harming the team with a technical foul in a must-win game?

This isn't a one off situation. I don't expect Judah to be back. And from what I'm hearing, I don't think Red necessarily wants him back, either. Sometimes, change is good for both parties.
Weird? Dude might make 1st team all ACC and will command big money from any school he chooses to play for next season.Of course he could go NBA route but he has options and any coach would be crazy to let him walk.

Weird? Dude might make 1st team all ACC and will command big money from any school he chooses to play for next season.Of course he could go NBA route but he has options and any coach would be crazy to let him walk.

Not if said player is bad for team chemistry, and is defiant to a new head coach seeking to get established and make his mark.

Both counts are what you are apparently missing.

Nobody disputes Judah's talent. And he is fun to watch play -- I'm happy that he's on our team. But I don't want to see him -- or any other player for that matter -- showing up the coach from the court, or hurting the team with immaturity.

Not if said player is bad for team chemistry, and is defiant to a new head coach seeking to get established and make his mark.

Nobody disputes Judah's talent. And he is fun to watch play -- I'm happy that he's on our team. But I don't want to see him -- or any other player for that matter -- showing up the coach from the court, or hurting the team with immaturity.
Coaches are teachers and sometimes the students get out of line and Red did what he was supposed to do in the situation last night.Judah should learn from his mistakes and if that’s the worse thing he does in college he is going to be just fine. Let’s not make it out to be some kind of felony.
I didn’t like it and called it out as childish in the game thread, but it’s not a reason to cut him loose.

I have been wondering what Judah was upset about as well. He was jawing someone, and didn't realize it was the ref wanting the ball. I am not sure the T was necessary but who knows what the ref had already said to him. Then he started pleading with Red, and Red did the right thing and sat him down. Would be interesting to know for sure what was happening.
That’s what I saw/thought as well. I thought Mintz was heading elsewhere in the off season? Don’t players want to showcase themselves and their talents for a better NIL paycheck? Can’t do that from the bench. I guess he’s not so much trouble that this behavior won’t scare off other teams courting him?

If he was the only player doing it, I’d say it’s judahs fault and no one else’s, but he was one of 4 this year doing that…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom