Get blown out and drop to a 10 seed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Get blown out and drop to a 10 seed

JAB cares about winning basketball games and that doesn't matter if the championship is at stake or gets to have lunch first.

Get our confidence rolling into late march and april.

We do not ever tank to tobacco road. That’s the day I give up.

As a 8/9 seed if we win we would have to play a 1 seed in the second round ... wouldn't we be better off on the 10 seed line going forward in the NCAA Tourney

na, 2 wins over a zion led duke probably gets us on the 7 line anyways

Interesting analysis over on CBS Sports where they breakdown all the metrics (SOS, net, rpi, etc) If you scroll across so you can't see the teams you could argue that we should be higher than an 8 or 9. Really interesting doing the blind comparisons.

With the win last night cuse is a 8 or a 9 seed. Lose and we will be an 8 or a 9. Win and we will be a 7 seed.

We are wearing a white jersey next Thu / Fri.

And to confirm, that is because we're the higher seeded team and not because we accidentally packed the wrong uniforms.

21587143-standard.jpg

Didn't realize winning the 8/9 game was a foregone conclusion. Y'all talk like we're vintage Syracuse here.

Who said winning an 8/9 game was a foregone conclusion? I believe he used the word “if”.

of course JB cares about the game tonight, he just isn't going to risk Battle getting hurt more seriously than he is right now. last time we were in the 8-9 game, we lost to loser Gottlieb and OK State in 1999. not losing to whomever we play this year and when Gottlieb says we didn't deserve a bid even as an 8 or 9, we can light him on fire.

Or another option (just throwing it out there): we could try to win the ACCT because this is sports and we're an historically great basketball program.
Why bother with that? Haven't you been paying attention? Nothing matters but the NCAA tournament. There is no point in watching any games before then. Just check out boxscores and follow bracketology until next week.

Who said winning an 8/9 game was a foregone conclusion? I believe he used the word “if”.
When you have several posters wishing we drop to a lower seed, there's only 1 way to read that.

Meh, we're likely to have to beat a #1 on our way to the final four anyway, might as well get it out of the way early.

Or another way to look at it: When we are a 4 seed, we play the number 1 seed in the Sweet 16. That gives an elite team an extra 4 days to prepare. As an 8/9, that team gets very little prep time.

looking closely at the last few spots for at larges its really tough to pick teams as they have 1 major negative or more and it has me hoping for 1 or 2 bid thieves to not have to put some team i really dont think should be in.

current last 4 in:
temple(horrible sos and only 2 quad 1 wins)
Florida(3-11 vs quad 1, 6 total quad 1 and 2 wins)
Nc State(awful sos especially for p5 team and only 3 quad 1 wins)
Clemson(only 1 quad 1 win, rest of numbers say good enough)

--------------
Creighton(numbers look ok for non p5 team with 3 quad 1 wins and 9 1 and 2)but lost suto play in game in conference tournament vs xavier so i think both miss.

Texas( numbers look ok except there record being 1 game over 500 and lost to awful wvu team in 1st conf tourney game

Oregon- still has a chance for 1 more quality win which moves them up into the field.

Belmont- for mid major there resume is bubbleicious with 5 quad 1 and 2 wins but still not quite good enough to sneak in

Alabama- kept hope alive with come from behind victory vs ole miss but needs more

. others still in the mix but farther back: xavier,indiana,memphis and furman

Last edited:
I don't usually care about conference tournaments other than how they impact our NCAA seeding. But your "historically great" comment got to me this morning so...Why not? LGO!

happy-clap-gif.gif

No team went to more BET finals than SU. We lost a lot of them but still.

When you have several posters wishing we drop to a lower seed, there's only 1 way to read that.

Read what? You were the 4th post in the thread. Nobody mentioned winning 8/9 was a forgone conclusion or anything like it.

lets keep winning. I don’t wanna draw a 1 seed in the round of 32 if we make it

Bump the hell out of this post if I'm wrong, but I just don't think this is a game where we ever make a serious run at challenging the lead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom