Getting sick of fellow SU fans | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Getting sick of fellow SU fans

18-14 with this group is pretty amazing.. would it better to be 18-14 and have beat the 3 BE teams and lost the ACC games? that wouldnt have gotten us in either?

Isn't this the group that pre-season people were buying hotels, flights and tickets to the final four? People were spending thousands on us to win the NC? Same team that people were disgusted we weren't preseason top 5-10?

The group coming in was fine, players regressed, players weren't want they were as advertised and some guys just stood pat and didn't improve.

Player by player going down the list, this team has talent.

who are the 2 1st round draft picks? and 2 srs who have really never played in high level games all that much.

Funny how our record has dropped once we moved to a tougher league and we had no depth. Dukes got 2 guards with better college resumes than ours but they stayed longer is that the coaches fault too..

maybe we should fire Izzo too for flaming out last year and having 14 losses this year..

Lydon and Battle.

Isn't this the group that pre-season people were buying hotels, flights and tickets to the final four? People were spending thousands on us to win the NC? Same team that people were disgusted we weren't preseason top 5-10?

The group coming in was fine, players regressed, players weren't want they were as advertised and some guys just stood pat and didn't improve.

I'm not embarrassed to say that I bought plane tickets to the Final Four. Preseason I thought Cuse had a shot, but I'm a big fan of Phoenix (been there about 15 times) and have never been to a FF so I figured it was worth booking. I'm going for six days and at the very least will golf 2 or 3 times and soak up some sun. I might go to the games and might not.

But it wasn't just me. Look at the Iggy predictions. Lots of fans drank the OJ. People had high expectations. The out of conference games sucked as did BC. When the team played well, the fans rallied. Gave everyone hope again. Miami was unfortunate. People are deflated. Let's hope things go our way and give us more hope on Sunday night. Hey, you never know.

img-thing

I'm not embarrassed to say that I bought plane tickets to the Final Four. Preseason I thought Cuse had a shot, but I'm a big fan of Phoenix (been there about 15 times) and have never been to a FF so I figured it was worth booking. I'm going for six days and at the very least will golf 2 or 3 times and soak up some sun. I might go to the games and might not.

But it wasn't just me. Look at the Iggy predictions. Lots of fans drank the OJ. People had high expectations. The out of conference games sucked as did BC. When the team played well, the fans rallied. Gave everyone hope again. Miami was unfortunate. People are deflated. Let's hope things go our way and give us more hope on Sunday night. Hey, you never know.

img-thing

I'm there with ya brother. I thought we had legit pieces to make a run and thought we had more talent this year.

My point was the guy I was quoting said "with this bunch", we have talent, the pieces just didn't match up together.

Great post.

Fortunately we had our HOF coach to bring all that together.

I missed all the big time ncaa games he played in there.. ZERO.

All the important games he played in Conf tourneys.. ZERO

All the top 20 teams he played against and won.. ONE

ALL the zone he played.. hmmm

Gillon the same..

To think these 5th yr guys werent involved at a much higher level then ever before is crazy

It's funny, you trash the two guys who did the best against the only wins we're holding onto to get into the tournament. Hey guess what. Tyler Lydon broke the tourney record for blocks and his play was as consistent as Gillon and White.

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in awhile. If you don't like Gillon and White I hope your eyes are closed next year.

all people do on this board after loses is complain. Lydon isn't good enough to go pro. jb had a horrible coaching game. gillons offense was terrible. it's always something. I would love to see any one on this forum play better than anyone on this team or coach better than a 41 year veteran coach. I get it, we are all upset this team hasn't lived up to it's potential. and somehow we still have a chance at the tournament. if we get into the NIT then we will most likely play more games than we would in the NCAA so just enjoy the last couple games we have with this team either way. idc how bad this team is I will always remember awIII for the awesome year he had here and gillon for his heroics in big game situations. that's what I will take out of this year, not anger and how poorly we played.
Totally agree!! Critiquing player performance/coaching strategy on a message board is just wrong. It's like, Idk, a 3 week member using their 12th post to lecture us on proper forum etiquette :rolleyes:

As to the 2nd bolded statement, that, in absolutely no way, is a silver lining of playing in the NIT. I'd rather lose by 50 to Georgetown in an NCAA tourney play-in game than play in the "Not In" Tournament.

It's funny, you trash the two guys who did the best against the only wins we're holding onto to get into the tournament. Hey guess what. Tyler Lydon broke the tourney record for blocks and his play was as consistent as Gillon and White.

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in awhile. If you don't like Gillon and White I hope your eyes are closed next year.
how in the world did you see what i say trashed them?

the original comment was that we had 2 first round draft picks and two 5th yr Srs so the coaching must have been awful for us to get where we are.. My response was we dont know about the draft yet and we have 2 kids who had no experience in this environment so to expect that they would have played as well as they did was a big reach. As it turned out we got one kid who played at almost an all league level and another who played inconsistent but the the high was probably far more than we should have hoped for based on where he came from..

add to it we have 2 centers we expected something out of and got almost nothing and a Fr that we thought we might get some run who didnt play.

Totally agree!! Critiquing player performance/coaching strategy on a message board is just wrong. It's like, Idk, a 3 week member using their 12th post to lecture us on proper forum etiquette :rolleyes:.

So I can't criticize the President because I've never been the President? Or criticize my contractor for installing the wrong kitchen tiles because I've never been a contractor?

So I can't criticize the President because I've never been the President? Or criticize my contractor for installing the wrong kitchen tiles because I've never been a contractor?
I'm using this post to criticize your ability to read &/or detect sarcasm ;)...you're agreeing with me.

Awful examples.

How about you criticizing the design of the interior of your electrical panel board and not being an electrical engineer.

Or the design of your plumbing system even though you aren't a plumber or a civil engineer.

There's plenty of things you are not qualified to criticize. Probably more things than you are qualified to criticize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom