Gillion Fouled end 2nd | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Gillion Fouled end 2nd

I did not read all the responses. I taped the game and watched the play over and over yesterday. I did not see a foul. What I did see was Lydon wide open right behind the foul line. I don't know what Boeheim called for on that play -- Gillon drive to the basket and shoot or try to draw a foul or Gillon drive to the basket and if unable to get off a decent shot pass to someone who is open. But Gillon driving into 2 taller players (who isn't taller?) hoping to draw contact was not a high percentage play. After looking at the game again, the passes made by White and Lydon that were picked off were killers. And the rebounding!!! Frustrating, but like I said in a different thread, the SU players were simply gassed at the end of regulation.

Even accepting that you might be more likely to get a whistle at the end of the game at home against most teams, I think Rick Pitino negates that. Gillon would have had to get tackled for the refs to decide the game with a whistle.

It's about the same as playing for a PK instead of trying to score a goal.

Even accepting that you might be more likely to get a whistle at the end of the game at home against most teams, I think Rick Pitino negates that. Gillon would have had to get tackled for the refs to decide the game with a whistle.

It's about the same as playing for a PK instead of trying to score a goal.

Or the Falcons setting up a field goal instead of going for a touchdown when a field goal was all they needed. Too bad they didn't do that.

Didn't Boeheim say that Lydon was an option on that play? Or am I misremembering that?

Because if that's the case, then it was a good play, just not executed as well as it could have been.

I did not read all the responses. I taped the game and watched the play over and over yesterday. I did not see a foul. What I did see was Lydon wide open right behind the foul line. I don't know what Boeheim called for on that play -- Gillon drive to the basket and shoot or try to draw a foul or Gillon drive to the basket and if unable to get off a decent shot pass to someone who is open. But Gillon driving into 2 taller players (who isn't taller?) hoping to draw contact was not a high percentage play. After looking at the game again, the passes made by White and Lydon that were picked off were killers. And the rebounding!!! Frustrating, but like I said in a different thread, the SU players were simply gassed at the end of regulation.

Yup saw it the same way. Lydon was wide open to his left. Also agree with the bad passes. Critical turnovers. Just can't happen especially when trying to steal a W against a team like Louisville who is trying to give the game to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom