Gillon comparison | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gillon comparison

I guess I should have said more curmudgey than me. At least I don't make MY POSTS USING CAPS!

It always could be worse. It's all good.

Hey, do you have any insight as to when Thompson will commit to somewhere?
Even if I were to stay at a Holiday Inn, I'm not a recruiting insider.

God, I hope not.

And the eye test tells me that this kid has very little in common with Wright's game. Thankfully.

I remember a particularly disturbing Josh Wright sequence. It was against Rutgers in the Dome. He committed two of the worst turnovers I've ever seen within about two minutes. Then there was a timeout and JB gave him the death stare and then read JW the riot act. Wright then gave JB some lip.

We really f'ed up bringing JW in, over a few great alternatives at point guard.

iommi said:
I remember a particularly disturbing Josh Wright sequence. It was against Rutgers in the Dome. He committed two of the worst turnovers I've ever seen within about two minutes. Then there was a timeout and JB gave him the death stare and then read JW the riot act. Wright then gave JB some lip.

We really f'ed up bringing JW in, over a few great alternatives at point guard.

Can you imagine Kyle Lowry in Orange?

Myself, just listing similarities. Along the lines of shooting form, speed, passing, and finishing in the lane. Not expecting him to be a top 20 pick off a few highlight reels. I guess we can go with Josh Wright if that seems more appropriate.

He shoots better than Josh and finishes better, too. He's less explosive than Jonny Flynn, but he's similarly north-south with the ball in his hands.

He shoots better than Josh and finishes better, too. He's less explosive than Jonny Flynn, but he's similarly north-south with the ball in his hands.
Yeah, I don't think he's like Wright much. I hope not. His shot reminds me of Lawson, form wise. Plus, the speed and ability to get into the lane. He seems to go for the floater when he penetrates and finishes well. I'll just say Chris Paul, because of the one handed floater. Some Jeff Teague in there and we got ourself a lottery pick.

*Comparisons may not indicate level of play will reach players mentioned.

He seems extremely confident understands hes a senior and has more of a one on one game, I don't think he will ever remind of us to much of cooney. I don't expect him to pass when the pressure is on him and he will beat doubles down the floor (I loved cooney but he dreamed he could do that in all his practice no doubt about it). He also has way more one on one game then Cooney, question is will he pass or shoot out of it though. I expect him to be more in and out of the lane then Gbinije was, and to spend more time with the ball in his hands. I think senior scoop could be a good comparison. Just hope senior scoop as opposed to jr (not that jr scoop wasn't good).

Senior Scoop really upped his speed to the lane as a senior, and it took him to his junior year to start driving instead of living on the entry pass. If scoop had a better shot and didn't get injured in the draft workouts, he could have had a shot to play in the nba. Gillon could be a better shooter hes certainly proved it in past seasons. I don't think scoop had much more then him physically that excludes Gillon from a draft look at the point hes at, and I would venture a guess that was part of the staffs daydreaming scenerio as well when they grabbed him.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom