Girard | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

I like Joe. I think he will continue to contribute for the rest of his career in orange. In most cases, I prefer that Kadary play more than Joe. Because, he is a pure point guard and the offense seems to flow better when he is on the floor. However, when Joe plays with that spark, he brings great energy. As JB has said, we need all three guards. I think that most of us that were critical were just wanting the rotation earlier in the season. And, if we are constantly going down by 10 to start the games, lets change something. It sounded like JB was considering starting Kadary against Clemson, but the injury prevented that. We have three guards. They all have their roles. When they all play their roles well, we have a really good backcourt. I hope they continue develop and we have a nice run in the ACC tournament.

Why don't people understand that there is no replacement if Joe leaves. No incoming freshman. Don't say transfer portal. What kid is going to come to SU to sit the bench? To get 10 minutes a game which is probably not better than the situation he is leaving or isn't better tan Joe.
You could turn that around too - why would Joe stay to get 15 minutes a game when he could go somewhere (maybe not p5) and get 30 plus.

I can’t figure out the fixation w/ wanting Joe to “transfer” or trashing his game like he doesn’t belong out there on the court.
The kid is a player, and the biggest issue is not his skills or the drop-off his sophomore year, but how he’s being misused. With the emergence of Kadary, JG3 could become an x-factor, like a Vinny “The Microwave” Johnson-type assassin off the bench.
It’s not his fault that the HC has been slow to trust the frosh PG, and tried to force-feed Joe into a role he’s not suited for.
Mark my words: When it’s all said and done, JG3 will play a major role in this program’s success over these next few years. He’ll make alot of the naysayers look stupid. Can’t wait to resurrect this thread.

I get all the “microwave” talk about Joe coming off the bench...but I think he is smart enough to realize that won’t work for a few reasons. To be a “microwave” guy means to come in and immediately start making shots (probably 3’s) which means he would have to come in for Buddy at the 2. Say Joe comes in and goes 0-2 in his first minute or two, Buddy is coming back in. Say he goes 1-2, 1-3, or even 2-3 from deep in a few minutes, Buddy is probably coming back in (after all he has played 35+ minutes for two years now). And if he spells Kadary for a few minutes it will not be his job to start launching 3’s. Not to mention it is just flat out hard to come off the bench cold and start draining shots!

I get all the “microwave” talk about Joe coming off the bench...but I think he is smart enough to realize that won’t work for a few reasons. To be a “microwave” guy means to come in and immediately start making shots (probably 3’s) which means he would have to come in for Buddy at the 2. Say Joe comes in and goes 0-2 in his first minute or two, Buddy is coming back in. Say he goes 1-2, 1-3, or even 2-3 from deep in a few minutes, Buddy is probably coming back in (after all he has played 35+ minutes for two years now). And if he spells Kadary for a few minutes it will not be his job to start launching 3’s. Not to mention it is just flat out hard to come off the bench cold and start draining shots!

When Joe has been pulled it has been for turnovers, poor shot selection and poor defense. It's not been because he was missing good looks. Joe prefers to be on the ball. He needs to build out his skill sets as a driver to beat his man when crowded. Buddy has figured this out and Joe needs to do the same. Joe also needs to get better off the ball. He doesn't do a great job finding shots off the ball unless he is stepping in from the top 1/3 of the key.

What Joe did vs Clemson was much more what he needs to do on both ends. As he adds more to his game as a driver ( including a floater) he will be able to earn himself more space from defenders.

I hope Joe stays. He is a solid combo who is a leader. You dont average 50 a game and win football championships at QB without being a leader. He needs to work his arse off to get quicker. His physical limitations can be mitigated by his game IQ and pure grit. He feeds off the crowds energy and with them back next year i expect Joe to be back and better.

100%

Not to mention the only time the word microwave and Joe should be in the same sentence should be when it’s talk of him putting pizza rolls into one.

I hope Joe stays. He is a solid combo who is a leader. You dont average 50 a game and win football championships at QB without being a leader. He needs to work his arse off to get quicker. His physical limitations can be mitigated by his game IQ and pure grit. He feeds off the crowds energy and with them back next year i expect Joe to be back and better.
You also don’t score 50 a game in high school without being a chucker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom