Girard | Syracusefan.com

Girard

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
I know he’s not many fans favorite player. I know he’s not a point guard. I know he’s not Gmac, but he’s in a lot better shape and shooting the ball ridiculously well this year.

We have to live with his shot selection, he’s going to dribble the ball off his foot at least once a game, but he’s made some significant improvements and is a better player than a lot of Syracuse fans give him credit for.

Last edited:
I know he’s not many peoples fans favorite player. I know he’s not a point guard and I know he’s not Gmac, but he’s in a lot better shape and shooting the ball ridiculously well this year.

We have to live with his shot selection, he’s going to dribble the ball off his foot at least once a game, but he’s made some significant improvements and is a better player than a lot of Syracuse fans give him credit for.
Once?
he had as many turnovers as assists. again.

He hits clutch shots, no doubt.

The shot selection and defense have not improved and thats what we needed to be improved.

All that said, he's the best PG on the team...and what we got. Credit due for the last play.

"Giveth, and taketh". How it is. I accept it. Give me catch and square up jumpers and I will live with it.

Our last offensive possession of the first OT period was downright bad, though.
Joe played well tonight. Hes in a tough spot as he is a natural 2. Kids tough as nails. He just isnt a true pg. Still without him we dont win tonight. Loved seeing him close it out. Kids got balls.

JG is a good kid.
His HC has decided he should play a position he shouldn’t.
No need to add why.

Kid wasn’t allowed to grow his role. He is probably happy he got to start as a freshman but he shouldn’t have had too.
The HC won’t recruit over him at that position.

So it is what it is.

Kid isn’t a PG but can score and shoot.

Joe played well tonight. Hes in a tough spot as he is a natural 2. Kids tough as nails. He just isnt a true pg. Still without him we dont win tonight. Loved seeing him close it out. Kids got balls.
I certainly won't question the confidence. You need players that want to take shots, within reason. We will see how that balances.

"Giveth, and taketh". How it is. I accept it. Give me catch and square up jumpers and I will live with it.

Our last offensive possession of the first OT period was downright bad, though.

They tried to set a screen or Buddy on the wing and Indiana overplayed it. We still should have had a better shot though.

Our inability to finish possessions against the clock has been a major weakness for a few years now.

They tried to set a screen or Buddy on the wing and Indiana overplayed it. We still should have had a better shot though.

Our inability to finish possessions against the clock has been a major weakness for a few years now.
Hopefully JB has his go to play now for rest of the year
Clear out for Buddy. A straight NBA star player play.

Im sure they will start doubling Buddy and JB will have tricks up his sleeve off that double.

Hopefully JB has his go to play now for rest of the year
Clear out for Buddy. A straight NBA star player play.

Im sure they will start doubling Buddy and JB will have tricks up his sleeve off that double.
I say we go all 1995 Houston Rockets and pass it into Edwards on the block, with Buddy, Joe, and Swider toeing it up for the kickout off the double.

6-13- 5 assists 5 turnovers.
Love him or hate him, If you turn assists/turnovers to shots that is a solid 11-23 and 5-6 from the charity stripe.

6-13- 5 assists 5 turnovers.
Love him or hate him, If you turn assists/turnovers to shots that is a solid 11-23 and 5-6 from the charity stripe.
calculating the hangover GIF

If he would only take quality shots, I swear he’d make 60% of them. His passing and ball handling create a fairly low ceiling for the team, though. I would assume that every practice for the next month should be devoted to press break and ball handling.

At this point we have played enough games where his 3 point percentage is truly incredible. Another efficient day for him there with 5-11. Also almost all of his turnovers were early in the game when we were crushing them. Had some clutch shots down the stretch. Went to the basket without fear to draw the foul and hit the game winning foul shots. I wish this team had one more guard, he makes some bad decisions, but he has taken major strides this year and deserves some love.

He came in ready to play as a freshman, but he seems to be the kind of guy that doesn't really get much better.

That's not to say he won't improve physically or play smarter with experience, which results in some statistical improvement, but it seems like he might be pretty close to his ceiling.

He sees the plays to make, it’s just that they are not natural and doesn’t have a lifetime of those plays to rely upon. Therefore, under pressure, errors occur.

Another five turnovers tonight. The good is going to have to really outweigh the bad to scratch and claw through the season.

I’m worried about the pressure defense when we start playing the better defensive teams. Harassing him is the book and it totally takes us out of anything we want to do offensively so then it becomes iso ball.

I see Joe as a player who's positives far outweigh his negatives. However, he can reduce his negative fairly easily. He needs to value the ball on every possession. Tighten up the passing and the ball handling to cut down turnovers. We could talk about the "offense" all day long and each player's role, but with regard to how Joe is playing, in my opinion, he is really playing well overall.

I see Joe as a player who's positives far outweigh his negatives. However, he can reduce his negative fairly easily. He needs to value the ball on every possession. Tighten up the passing and the ball handling to cut down turnovers. We could talk about the "offense" all day long and each player's role, but with regard to how Joe is playing, in my opinion, he is really playing well overall.

I see him as someone we cannot win at a high level with - and when paired with Buddy (who is an excellent player) we are one of the worst defensive backcourts in D1 - that's not an exaggeration - and next year he's coming back - so I'm having a hard time accepting that we will not be good again for a while (at best)

I know he’s not many fans favorite player. I know he’s not a point guard. I know he’s not Gmac, but he’s in a lot better shape and shooting the ball ridiculously well this year.

He is much improved this season, and probably won't get much love from a large segment of the fan base unless he plays a nearly flawless game.

I see him as someone we cannot win at a high level with - and when paired with Buddy (who is an excellent player) we are one of the worst defensive backcourts in D1 - that's not an exaggeration - and next year he's coming back - so I'm having a hard time accepting that we will not be good again for a while (at best)
You people act like he does nothing but turn the ball over

While all this is true, I see absolutely no reason why Symir can’t come in for 15 mins a game to improve our perimeter D and improve ball movement on offense. He played well last night and at times had the IU d on their heels.

Another five turnovers tonight. The good is going to have to really outweigh the bad to scratch and claw through the season.

I’m worried about the pressure defense when we start playing the better defensive teams. Harassing him is the book and it totally takes us out of anything we want to do offensively so then it becomes iso ball.
and a couple of the turnovers are because the guys are just slow to see the floor at least in HS his team mates ran the floor to get in spots to get those passes..

When his feet are set and he is in rhythm - i am more confident in his 3 than Buddy's. He is not alone in head scratching turnovers and he is our best long rebounder. As everyone mentioned above - at this point he is what he is, good, bad and ugly.

While all this is true, I see absolutely no reason why Symir can’t come in for 15 mins a game to improve our perimeter D and improve ball movement on offense. He played well last night and at times had the IU d on their heels.
He's averaging 12.6 mpg right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom