Girard | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

I'm really hoping that the point guard rotation is limited to Judah and Symir this season because I think Joe will kill it playing off the ball full time. I think he'll be much more effective defensively playing next to not below average defenders on top of the zone, too.

My cautious optimism for the team as a whole will turn irrational if Taylor/Bunch look ready to go when we start exhibitions.

I'm really hoping that the point guard rotation is limited to Judah and Symir this season because I think Joe will kill it playing off the ball full time. I think he'll be much more effective defensively playing next to not below average defenders on top of the zone, too.

My cautious optimism for the team as a whole will turn irrational if Taylor/Bunch look ready to go when we start exhibitions.

Hopefully we get a flavor of how these guys are working over the summer. Big group like that I am sure is eager to start hooping in the Melo center.

Just letting you know that I heard it from the horse’s mouth that Joe does not plan to return for a fifth year.

So, just asking the question -- taking his degree and transferring for the final year?

Hopefully we get a flavor of how these guys are working over the summer. Big group like that I am sure is eager to start hooping in the Melo center.
Every year I look forward to what the B.A.'s guys say about our players. I want to hear how Jesse is dominating. How Benny is a different guy. How any one of our frosh forwards are a big surprise.

So, just asking the question -- taking his degree and transferring for the final year?
He seems the type of guy to stay and get masters. I’m sure I’m wrong but that’s my impression. He has a bright future outside basketball

Every year I look forward to what the B.A.'s guys say about our players. I want to hear how Jesse is dominating. How Benny is a different guy. How any one of our frosh forwards are a big surprise.
Do we know if Jesse is going home for the summer? Or is he going to stay over the summer and work out with the team?

Do we know if Jesse is going home for the summer? Or is he going to stay over the summer and work out with the team?
Last I read, he was planning going to go home and spend time there this summer. Think the family is planning to vacation in Greece for a while.

But with all the new frosh, he plans to cut it short and get back to CNY to get to know his new teammates.

He will continue to rehab and work out until he leaves for home and his habitual family summer holiday. (The Edwardses plan to vacation in Greece.) He hopes to work out with the Dutch national team and will talk with SU coach Jim Boeheim about the possibilities of playing a couple of games with his countrymen.

He expects his home visit this summer to be shorter than usual. With five freshmen scheduled to arrive for spring/summer workouts, Edwards said, longer offseason bonding and workout sessions seem smart and likely.

With five freshmen scheduled to arrive for spring/summer workouts, Edwards said, longer offseason bonding and workout sessions seem smart and likely.
Probably a dumb question but, I'll ask - since we have six freshman, is one of them not arriving for spring/summer workouts?

Probably a dumb question but, I'll ask - since we have six freshman, is one of them not arriving for spring/summer workouts?
The article was written before Judah Mintz committed.

Do you think his statement, if true, has anything to do with this being Boeheim’s last year and not wanting to play for another coach?

i agree...though we'll probably see at least some JG3 PG play.

Even though I expect Symir to play very well next season...it all depends on Judah...as far as joe not playing PG, imo.

If Joe can do his best steph curry impersonation and only hunt shots basically next season, it could be a very good thing for him and the team.

i agree...though we'll probably see at least some JG3 PG play.

Even though I expect Symir to play very well next season...it all depends on Judah...as far as joe not playing PG, imo.

If Joe can do his best steph curry impersonation and only hunt shots basically next season, it could be a very good thing for him and the team.
Joe needs to play his position which is the 2. I can see him spending some time at point with Judah and Taylor at the 2 once in a while.

Saw a picture of Girard from yesterday. He's as thin as I've ever seen him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom