Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

Chip Kelly's offense would be interesting in the dome, he should be available after this weekend...
And he's a "NE" guy as others have been wanting. Didn't Gross have him on the list way back when. Whiffed on him or he immediately declined when he was OC at Oregon?

1. Pat Fitzgerald
2. Jimbo Fisher
3. Brian Hartline
4. Sherrone Moore
5. Jason Candle

1. Pat Fitzgerald
2. Jimbo Fisher
3. Brian Hartline
4. Sherrone Moore
5. Jason Candlef
Fitz is interesting for sure. but he’s probably in a lawsuit and unable to work and needs to go to the nfl for a few years and rebuild his image first

Last edited:
Luke Kueckly and bring in top notch recruiting coordinators.

I want them to shoot for the moon and get a brilliant mind and football dude. If it goes south then get rid of him after two-three years. It’s not as though it can get worse then low tier p5 for most of 20 years. They should definitely not be afraid of someone who out grows the job. That’s just not the market-football world anymore.

1. Pat Fitzgerald
2. Jimbo Fisher
3. Brian Hartline
4. Sherrone Moore
5. Jason Candle
Fitzgerald is a hard pass and should never get a sniff of a college head job again. Hartline and Candle are the only realistic ones here. Moore is auditioning right now to take over for Harbaugh when he bolts. The game has completely passed Fisher by in terms of X’s and O’s and he couldn’t even buy wins at A&M

Luke Kueckly and bring in top notch recruiting coordinators.

I want them to shoot for the moon and get a brilliant mind and football dude. If it goes south then get rid of him after two-three years. It’s not as though it can get worse then low tier p5 for most of 20 years. They should definitely not be afraid of someone who out grows the job. That’s just not the market-football world anymore.
Kuechly has never even coached before. You want to give him a HC gig at a P5 out of the gate?

And he's a "NE" guy as others have been wanting. Didn't Gross have him on the list way back when. Whiffed on him or he immediately declined when he was OC at Oregon?
He was coming here, then Oregon made him the "coach in waiting" to keep him and it derailed everything.

He was coming here, then Oregon made him the "coach in waiting" to keep him and it derailed everything.

While we are looking back where would we have been if TGD hired Harbaugh over GRob?

While we are looking back where would we have been if TGD hired Harbaugh over GRob?
John Harbaugh wanted the job and his agent contacted Gross but Gross told him that Cuse had already made their choice. Harbaugh has told this story publicly. Talk about an alternate universe.

Last edited:
I didn’t know this. Damn my head hurts.
Cant Handle It Cm Punk GIF by WWE

Chip was after GROB was Fired. Syracuse was after him when he was the OC and then Oregon made him HCIW but he wound up the head coach there in 2009. We then hired Marrone. Syracuse was definitely after Chip as HC but Oregon countered and that was that

Rich Rod. He’s 60 years old and won’t stay at Jacksonville State for long. He knows the recruiting area, runs a 335 defense and I think the spread option offense would work well in the dome.
He actually wouldn’t be a bad fit all things considered. He was really successful at WVU and mildly successful at Arizona which isn’t easy to do. Michigan was just a bad fit for him.

Curt Cignetti
Tom Herman
Brian Hartline
Jason Candle
Jim McElwain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online