Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

The secondary's biggest problem are Rex's three man rushes and the fact they we have a bunch of smurfs covering big receivers. Although we do need to replace Williams and upgrade Graham.
DO NOT get me started on the 3 man rush from yesterday. You'd think after getting gashed for 20-30 yards per play when we rush 3, we might stop doing it. Nah, the Ryan bros are too smart for that.

Maybe it's the chasm vs. Carr that was so striking. But it feels like to a lot of people [me included] that was the "oh crap our guy isn't good enough" game. Like JP @Pittsburgh, EJ vs San Diego. Since the usual OL/running game excuses are out, the apologists need to focus on the WR injuries. Meh, not many guys are surrounded by perfection across the board. Make a throw FFS.
The All-22 will not be kind to Taylor. It never is.

you guys are making me nervous with this TC back to coaching bullshit.

I hope not.

if he goes, lets say he coaches for at least 3 years.

if its Jax, they come to Giants Stadium in 2018.

the Bills in 2019.

Coughlin's name is up on the wall...

DO NOT get me started on the 3 man rush from yesterday. You'd think after getting gashed for 20-30 yards per play when we rush 3, we might stop doing it. Nah, the Ryan bros are too smart for that.
1997 called. They would like their defensive scheme back.

In a stunning turn of events, Percy Harvin was placed on the non-football injury list and is out for the year.

He made roughly $167,000 per yard of receiving this season for the Bills. Talk about a good deal.

And this is what I struggle with- Carr is in year 4 (I think), is it reasonable to think that Tyrod, with 1-2 years of more seasoning, will get to this point? I honestly don't know...but I am highly skeptical. At some point you just have to make throws. TT is an elite athlete...but is he a QB?

Carr is in year 3

Buffalo wins out.
-Steelers (Home)
-Browns (Home)
-Dolphins (Home)
-Jets (Away)

Pittsburgh loses one more game after Buffalo.
-Bengals (Away)
-Ravens (Home)
-Browns (Home)

Denver loses to Oak and NE.
-(Both Oak and NE are at home)
-Could also lose 3 out of 4 if they beat one of Oak and NE. (On the road at Tennessee and KC)

Miami loses one more game aside from Buffalo.
-Arizona (Home)
-Jets (Away)
-New England (Home)

And we're in! Hurrah!!

Last edited:
Buffalo wins out.
-Steelers (Home)
-Browns (Home)
-Dolphins (Home)
-Jets (Away)

Pittsburgh loses one more game after Buffalo.
-Bengals (Away)
-Ravens (Home)
-Browns (Home)

Denver loses to Oak and NE.
-(Both Oak and NE are at home)
-Could also lose 3 out of 4 if they beat one of Oak and NE. (On the road at Tennessee and KC)

Miami loses one more game aside from Buffalo.
-Arizona (Home)
-Jets (Away)
-New England (Home)

And we're in! Hurrah!!

Nice, strangest scenario there would be Bills winning out. Thing that sucks about the Miami/ NE game is it will probably be a meaningless game for NE at that point

Nice, strangest scenario there would be Bills winning out. Thing that sucks about the Miami/ NE game is it will probably be a meaningless game for NE at that point
Assuming the unlikely scenario in which we win out.. Oakland and KC could make that game meaningful for NE. They don't have a stranglehold on Home Field throughout like usual.

Assuming the unlikely scenario in which we win out.. Oakland and KC could make that game meaningful for NE. They don't have a stranglehold on Home Field throughout like usual.

OK, good.

Buffalo absolutely has a shot at the playoffs still, but they blew a huge opportunity this past week.

Looking ahead, I think it's still likely Tyrod returns unless he completely falls apart down the stretch here. I still hate his inability to go through progressions and his inability to throw over the middle, but he's still a solid starting QB in a league that isn't exactly filled with them.

In the draft, I like that Falk guy from Washington State and the guy from, I believe, Oklahoma State. Mason something maybe? If they're available in the 3rd round, or maybe even the 2nd, I think Buffalo needs to pull the trigger.

Buffalo absolutely has a shot at the playoffs still, but they blew a huge opportunity this past week.

Looking ahead, I think it's still likely Tyrod returns unless he completely falls apart down the stretch here. I still hate his inability to go through progressions and his inability to throw over the middle, but he's still a solid starting QB in a league that isn't exactly filled with them.

In the draft, I like that Falk guy from Washington State and the guy from, I believe, Oklahoma State. Mason something maybe? If they're available in the 3rd round, or maybe even the 2nd, I think Buffalo needs to pull the trigger.
Agreed.

I actually think we'll finish 10-6 if they beat Pittsburgh. Just a weird feeling I have. Does that get us into the Playoffs?.. Probably gives us a 50/50 shot.

Re: Taylor. If he doesn't implode, bring him back next year but let EJ go and bring in another legit QB to compete with him. This means a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick. Then address RT, S and WR in FA/Draft. If we let Gilmore walk, add CB to the list.

Also, and I hate myself right now, but Pitt could also win the North and Ravens fall to 9-7 meaning we'd just need to win out, have Miami lose 1 out 3 remaining outside of our game and Denver lose 3 out of 4 OR lose to Oak and NE.

Agreed.

I actually think we'll finish 10-6 if they beat Pittsburgh. Just a weird feeling I have. Does that get us into the Playoffs?.. Probably gives us a 50/50 shot.

Re: Taylor. If he doesn't implode, bring him back next year but let EJ go and bring in another legit QB to compete with him. This means a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick. Then address RT, S and WR in FA/Draft. If we let Gilmore walk, add CB to the list.

Also, and I hate myself right now, but Pitt could also win the North and Ravens fall to 9-7 meaning we'd just need to win out, have Miami lose 1 out 3 remaining outside of our game and Denver lose 3 out of 4 OR lose to Oak and NE.
200.gif

Sounds like Rex could be fired by tomorrow according to LaCanfora and judging by his joke of a defense so far, I'm so ready for that to happen.

Also mentioned Taylor could be benched for Cardale. Also... So ready for that to happen.

Sounds like Rex could be fired by tomorrow according to LaCanfora and judging by his joke of a defense so far, I'm so ready for that to happen.

Also mentioned Taylor could be benched for Cardale. Also... So ready for that to happen.

So basically a win-win situation for us Bills fans today? Either win the game or get rid of Rex - I'll take it

The girly men appear to be mailing it in.

Tyrod's gone off for 60 yards. Nice guy. Good dresser. Excellent backup and special situations QB.

This 2 minute drill the Bills just executed was Andy Reid esque. I mean wow no urgency. Buffalo should
fire Rex.

This 2 minute drill the Bills just executed was Andy Reid esque. I mean wow no urgency. Buffalo should
fire Rex.

You are wrong. But only becuse you called htat a two-minute drill. I don't know what the hell it was but it wasn't that.

Tyrod needs to recognize that one yard isn't worth 40 secs at the end of a game.

Not much of a write-up from me as I sat on a beach with the Mrs most of the day...and definitely don't regret the decision.

Bottom line is Tyrod and Rex are not getting it done. I am not a huge fan of change for the sake of change but in the last two weeks the team has collapsed spectacularly. By the sounds of it, that first half could have been 28-0. That is a team which either is confused, a poor game plan or worse- one that has mailed it in. All are unacceptable and all reflect poorly on Rex.

From my perspective it is time for Rex to go. I am not xertain that the Bills should suddenly play Cardale Jones though- if his learning curve is as steep as is referenced, what do you gain by throwing him to the wolves? The Bills need to treat the coaching separate from the QB question...and in my mind, Rex has utterly underachieved, failing in the biggest moments. That is unacceptable. Count me in the court that is ready to pull the trigger and get this ship righted...and I am not a normal proponent of "2 years and you are out". Unfortunately this season has shown me enough.

I vote we play the last 3 games with a running clock. The Jets and Browns are just playing it out also and probably the same with the Dophins now that Tannehill is out.

Not much of a write-up from me as I sat on a beach with the Mrs most of the day...and definitely don't regret the decision.

Bottom line is Tyrod and Rex are not getting it done. I am not a huge fan of change for the sake of change but in the last two weeks the team has collapsed spectacularly. By the sounds of it, that first half could have been 28-0. That is a team which either is confused, a poor game plan or worse- one that has mailed it in. All are unacceptable and all reflect poorly on Rex.

From my perspective it is time for Rex to go. I am not xertain that the Bills should suddenly play Cardale Jones though- if his learning curve is as steep as is referenced, what do you gain by throwing him to the wolves? The Bills need to treat the coaching separate from the QB question...and in my mind, Rex has utterly underachieved, failing in the biggest moments. That is unacceptable. Count me in the court that is ready to pull the trigger and get this ship righted...and I am not a normal proponent of "2 years and you are out". Unfortunately this season has shown me enough.
Just read that if Tyrod incurred a really significant injury (not sure how that is defined) during these last games, then he is due a massive amount of money. If true then we have seen the last of Tyrod. Rex may be gone tomorrow. Lynn may be interim and possibly permanent.

It doesn't matter who coaches the Bills, and won't matter until they have a real QB. #hottake

Love Rex as a person.

Love Tyrod as a person.

That being said, it's time..

Fire Rex and his staff. Bench Tyrod and move on from him after the season.

This team has talent and with a QB who can actually see over the line and isn't scared to throw along with a head coach who's defensive schemes aren't played out, we might be able to get to Week 16 without being eliminated next year.