Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Bills fans, what's the appeal behind Anthony Lynn. I don't really get it.
I wouldn't be over the moon excited but wouldn't be mad either. Supposedly he'd bring in Gus Bradley, which I'd be on board with.

Lynn ran a top 10 offense with no WR's for a majority of the year so he gets some credit for that.

I wouldn't be over the moon excited but wouldn't be mad either. Supposedly he'd bring in Gus Bradley, which I'd be on board with.

Lynn ran a top 10 offense with no WR's for a majority of the year so he gets some credit for that.

Yeah I kind of feel the same way.. I would be OK with it, if he hired a solid DC/OC and the team bought it and he and Whaley actually worked together and not one going one way one the other, it's probably worth a shot. Hey, it's the NFL, it's Bill Belichick, probably Pete Carroll a very very distant second, Andy Reid and everybody else IMO.

I sometimes don't know what Bills fan really expect but Gus Bradley will be on top of most teams lists of DC's this year so if Bills could do that, get Lynn to maintain the offense and maybe bring in an OC with a better passing mix, they should be fine. Can't really get too high or too low on any hire in the NFL, IMO. There isn't much between 7-9 and the playoffs, I don't think blowing it up is the answer right now

Yeah I kind of feel the same way.. I would be OK with it, if he hired a solid DC/OC and the team bought it and he and Whaley actually worked together and not one going one way one the other, it's probably worth a shot. Hey, it's the NFL, it's Bill Belichick, probably Pete Carroll a very very distant second, Andy Reid and everybody else IMO.

I sometimes don't know what Bills fan really expect but Gus Bradley will be on top of most teams lists of DC's this year so if Bills could do that, get Lynn to maintain the offense and maybe bring in an OC with a better passing mix, they should be fine. Can't really get too high or too low on any hire in the NFL, IMO. There isn't much between 7-9 and the playoffs, I don't think blowing it up is the answer right now
Agreed. Fix the defense, at least make it respectable, and we should be playoff bound if we bring back Taylor.

I'd bring back Taylor, tag Gilmore if he doesn't agree to a team friendly contract, re-up Gillislee and then draft a Safety, WR and RT in the first 3 rounds.

At pick 10, we should be able to get S Hooker, S Adams, WR Williams, WR Davis, T Robinson or a QB if one drops that we like. I'd personally go offense at 10 and take a WR or OT.

Agreed. Fix the defense, at least make it respectable, and we should be playoff bound if we bring back Taylor.

I'd bring back Taylor, tag Gilmore if he doesn't agree to a team friendly contract, re-up Gillislee and then draft a Safety, WR and RT in the first 3 rounds.

At pick 10, we should be able to get S Hooker, S Adams, WR Williams, WR Davis, T Robinson or a QB if one drops that we like. I'd personally go offense at 10 and take a WR or OT.

If Williams is sitting there at 10 and Buffalo doesn't take him, I think my entire family will lose their minds.

If Williams is sitting there at 10 and Buffalo doesn't take him, I think my entire family will lose their minds.
the Bills do so well with WRs named Mike Williams...

Mock draft with us taking WR Williams. I'd be happy with that.

NFL Mock Draft: Jets bet on Deshaun Watson, Leonard Fournette to Panthers

Sources: Bills involved in Taylor's surgery call

I'm getting tired of seeing headlines like this...total organizational disarray (not specific to this story, but the cumulative effect of a week+ of circus-like activities). Obviously a full house cleaning isn't coming but it sure feels like one is needed...

Sources: Bills involved in Taylor's surgery call

I'm getting tired of seeing headlines like this...total organizational disarray (not specific to this story, but the cumulative effect of a week+ of circus-like activities). Obviously a full house cleaning isn't coming but it sure feels like one is needed...

The same thing was going on most of the 2000's with Oakland. Now you just need your owner to die...oh wait.

To be fair, the defense basically wasn't any worse this past season than it was in Rex's first year.

I think from reading what is out there the Bills will hire Lynn or McDermott from Carolina, I think it comes down to who had the better coordinators in place, IMO.

I am fine with either one... Pros and Cons. I believe with Lynn, Tyrod stays

Who knows.. The rumors are everywhere, Lynn with Bradley. McDermott with the old HC from SD as OC

I think from reading what is out there the Bills will hire Lynn or McDermott from Carolina, I think it comes down to who had the better coordinators in place, IMO.

I am fine with either one... Pros and Cons. I believe with Lynn, Tyrod stays

Who knows.. The rumors are everywhere, Lynn with Bradley. McDermott with the old HC from SD as OC

Was hoping we would at least try and interview Schwartz for the position. Based on Coughlins age it was probably a good idea we didn't pursue that angle. Sean Payton was always a pipe dream but I hope the Pegula's at least called the Saints.

Was hoping we would at least try and interview Schwartz for the position. Based on Coughlins age it was probably a good idea we didn't pursue that angle. Sean Payton was always a pipe dream but I hope the Pegula's at least called the Saints.

I don't see Payton going anywhere cold, lives in Dallas and New Orleans, I am sure he spoke with the Rams, Saints pay him very well and it would take a lot for him to leave there but sooner or later it may not be his choice even though he is well liked in NOLA and by ownership.

I think Payton has been secretly waiting for the Cowboys job past few years as that is where his kids are as well, obviously not happening now

The Rams really need a splash hire, will Anthony Lynn really excite a fan base? The bloom is already off the rose in LA, they will get an up tick in a couple years with new stadium but they don't want to move a loser in there.

The bills hire whoever it is, wont excite many and it will just have to be a wait and see approach but they next hire can be far worse than Rex as well, careful what one wishes for

What gets me too, is Lynn a lock for an OC spot if not a HC, not like he has a huge resume but his success running the ball will interest some, Cleveland is looking already

I think with a gun to my head, I think Lynn with Bradley as DC is pretty damn good. I like some continuity on offense. Lets face it with a healthy McCoy the Bills offense will be just fine, big if though

Would have preferred a guy with an offensive background but seems like a decent hire. Tyrod seems to be on life support with this hire.

It's a pretty standard NFL hire, doesn't excite much enthusiasm or pessimism, he could be great he could stink, nobody really knows, but he is worthy of being a HC, I do like his background with Philly always liked those defenses that JJ threw out there, they weren't always lock down but they raised havoc. He's probably going to be fine if he can get a solid O out there

Can't really say much other that wait and see.. Sounds like McCoy from SD could be his OC which would be a solid hire. I don't like the idea of Lynn sticking around as OC, clean house I just think that creates a division from old and new staff.

If Lynn doesn't get a HC gig is he a lock as an OC elsewhere? Who knows

I do hate when they give coaches credit for developing a guy like Luke Kuechly.. Really? I could develop a guy like Kuechly.. What

Going to put my CNY/WNY hat on for a minute and say as far as the Bills go the next HC could be 1,000 times worse than a guy like McDermott. So well done, I like this hire better than any of the last 4, not saying much I know but its a start.

McDermott has been watching Cam for past 4 years so who knows what type of QB he wants and McCoy was Tebows OC I think at Denver???

Last edited:
Would have preferred a guy with an offensive background but seems like a decent hire. Tyrod seems to be on life support with this hire.

By life support, you mean that he'll get to enter free agency with a ton of teams looking for a starting QB and him being basically the only one available, right? I wish I were on life support.

Pretty good hire for Buffalo. Who he brings in as his OC is the key and who they get to play QB is a bigger issue but overall a solid hire

Supposedly Mike McCoy is the guy he wants as his OC.

By life support, you mean that he'll get to enter free agency with a ton of teams looking for a starting QB and him being basically the only one available, right? I wish I were on life support.

Supposedly Mike McCoy is the guy he wants as his OC.

Life support as far as his tenure with the Bills. I think Lynn getting the job would have meant Taylor coming back at about 95%. With this hire its probably 50-50. As far as QB's I believe Cutler, Glennon, and a few others are available this off-season as well.

Life support as far as his tenure with the Bills. I think Lynn getting the job would have meant Taylor coming back at about 95%. With this hire its probably 50-50. As far as QB's I believe Cutler, Glennon, and a few others are available this off-season as well.

Glennon can fill in for a year while someone better develops under him, and Cutler sucks. Tyrod is the only one likely to get a long-term deal at $15-20 mil if I had to guess (and obviously Cousins if he makes it to free agency).

Edit: And I think Cutler is signed through 2020 but there's a lot of speculation that the Bears will move on from him.

Edit x2: This year's top free agent QBs:

Tier 1:
Kirk Cousins
Tyrod Taylor

Tier 2:
Fitzpatrick
Glennon
Matt Barkley
Brian Hoyer
Blaine Gabbert

Tier 3:
Case Keenum
Shaun Hill
Geno Smith
EJ Manuel

Tyrod will easily be the most sought-after if the Bills don't retain him (excluding Cousins, who I just don't think Washington will let go of)