Gotham Classic? | Syracusefan.com

Gotham Classic?

guess thats our new way of playing the Garden when we dont get invited to preNIT, CvC or JimmyV.

So basically another one of those tourneys that has the final (or semi's) determined, irrgegardless of what happens in the preliminary matches. THose formats really irk me, even though I know its all about moeny.

And they are becoming a much more common form of tourney

"So basically another one of those tourneys that has the final (or semi's) determined, irrgegardless of what happens in the preliminary matches."
"irrgegardless of what happens in the preliminary matches."
"irrgegardless of what happens"
"irrgegardless" Oh Lord

On topic though, Syracuse BBall and Christmas in the city...yes please.

So basically another one of those tourneys that has the final (or semi's) determined, irrgegardless of what happens in the preliminary matches. THose formats really irk me, even though I know its all about moeny.

And they are becoming a much more common form of tourney

Looks like it's ONE game. Not a tourney.

Part of the bribe to get Temple Football into the BE a year early?

Got to get our 'Cuse fix in the NYC area before we burn down ACC country and Tobacco Road...

Looks like it's ONE game. Not a tourney.

Part of the bribe to get Temple Football into the BE a year early?

No, I read the press release earlier, its considered a pre-season tourney. Other teams will play Syracuse and Temple as well, and also play each other, prior to the MSG game. But the final is set Temple-Syracuse.

EDIT - Added the link
http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/gotham/index_main.htm

SU and Temple play the same 3 cupcakes if I'm reading that correctly. The 3 cupcakes then play each other.

Everyone gets 4 games out of the deal.

But its still called a "tournament" with a "championship game" in New York. If one of those cupcakes beats Temple, its still Temple in the "championship" game.

If happened in a few other of these similar concept "tournaments" last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom