Gottlieb thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb thread

Claiming Doug Gottlieb hates Syracuse is as intelligent as claiming that our wins over Uconn are good because "they won the title last year."

Your honor, toss out the rape and the murder...moqui you are SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better Than this

It's nice that the NCAA uses the RPI and SOS as legit metrics, but they are flawed...unless you think Uconn REALLY played the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation.

Was that Adrian Branch that just said UK AND UNC were better than SU?

I also get a kick out of UNC not being a better team than Syracuse because of their "three extra losses."

Let's just get this out of the way now
Let's just get this out of the way now
I am going to spare myself the agony of reading this thread but the only fair criticism if gotleib's halftime comments is that they had to drag out of him the fact that he could not name a third team better than Cuse. Other than that, agree or not, his comments were reasonable. Put unc and su on neutral court today and id call it unc minus 4.

He laid it on a little thick, but I can't really disagree with his main point, which is the fact that we haven't really looked elite lately. We've been winning, but we haven't looked like we are on another level.

It might seem like they aren't elite, but the Big East is a better conference than the pundits are giving credit. In fact, I would say it is probably equal to the best conference.

Kentucky has a very easy schedule in the SEC, & would have much trouble keeping up with Syracuse in the Big East.

UNC, while they have beaten good teams, have lost terribly to average teams, & they were at full strength.

You can look at every team in the top 5 & find at least 1 thing that makes them less than elite, but there is one thing Syracuse has in their arsenal that NONE of the other teams have...

Syracuse is UNDEFEATED at full strength...

I am going to spare myself the agony of reading this thread but the only fair criticism if gotleib's halftime comments is that they had to drag out of him the fact that he could not name a third team better than Cuse. Other than that, agree or not, his comments were reasonable. Put unc and su on neutral court today and id call it unc minus 4.
No way in the world would SU be getting 4. NO WAY. We were favored by 7 1/2 today, let's try to be rational. It would be a pick 'em game.

I kind of like the Gottlieb threads. It's fun to sling mud back at someone who slings it at you. But I can understand why some people get annoyed. Maybe we need a Gottlieb Board. Only problem is that it might surpass the football board in posts.

Th
No way in the world would SU be getting 4. NO WAY. We were favored by 7 1/2 today, let's try to be rational. It would be a pick 'em game.
That is how I would handicap it, you might be right Vegas would call it even. But that aside your position that it would be pickem and anyone who thinks unc should be favored by a mere 4 is not being rational is being, well, irrational. The point is it is not unreasonable to color unc the better team.

ADRIAN BRANCH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ORANGE PEOPLE.
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom