Class of 2020 - Grad OL Codie Hornsby (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/13/2024) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Grad OL Codie Hornsby (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/13/2024)

What a fantastic addition. Fran has exceeded all expectations. In his interview Hornsby comes across as an intelligent, articulate young man. He checked all the boxes. It seems as though Fran landed not only a heck of a football player but a good kid as well. I expect him to hold down a starting position from day one.

boom smile GIF

Syracuse football landed a big commitment Wednesday night in coveted Grambling offensive lineman transfer Codie Hornsby. He is the cousin of Syracuse class of 2024 signee Jaylan Hornsby.
Makes sense. I was going to post how strange it was that in one class we got wo guys with the same last name of Hornsby.

Syracuse football landed a big commitment Wednesday night in coveted Grambling offensive lineman transfer Codie Hornsby. He is the cousin of Syracuse class of 2024 signee Jaylan Hornsby.
As the kids say: “Sh?t is happenin’.”

Probably missing somebody as I am going off my head right now, but I would go with this for now

LT E Cruz/Moeolo
LG Hornsby/Bradford
C Reed/Ilaoa
RG Miller/More
RT Weatherspoon/Wohlabaugh

Would not be surprised if Bradford or More began the season starting at OG (instead of Hornsby) and More or Wohlabaugh starting at RT instead of Weatherspoon. Tough for these guys to win starting jobs with no spring practice with the team. But I think they will eventually win starting jobs. Hearing good stuff about Moeolo. He might also surprise. Interested to watch a lot of these guys in the spring game.

Back to Hornsby. I thought his film was the most impressive of any OG we have gotten in years. I know it was against so so opposition but the film does not lie. The guy Is really athletic and strong too. Very excited about him. And really happy we have him for two years.
Agree for the most part with your projections.

For now going with

OT, ECJr, Dave W
Weatherspoon, JCruz
OG. Hornsby, Miller
Ellis, More
C, Reed
Ilaoa

3rd - Moeolo, Petry, Bradford, Mack, Bass

Wh
What's interesting is that he was offered without ever visiting campus. That's a direct difference from the Babers regime. I believe they never offered until a visit or after a visit. I could never understand that. With all the virtual tools, a recruit can get a good idea without visiting. It seemed requiring a visit would hinder or slow down the commitment process. Please somebody in the know correct me If I am wrong about the Babers regime requiring a visit first. Maybe the visit requirement only applied to high school recruits and not portal players. Please advise if somebody knows the answers.

Wh

What's interesting is that he was offered without ever visiting campus. That's a direct difference from the Babers regime. I believe they never offered until a visit or after a visit. I could never understand that. With all the virtual tools, a recruit can get a good idea without visiting. It seemed requiring a visit would hinder or slow down the commitment process. Please somebody in the know correct me If I am wrong about the Babers regime requiring a visit first. Maybe the visit requirement only applied to high school recruits and not portal players. Please advise if somebody knows the answers.

They'd OFFER, but they wouldn't accept commitments.

Probably missing somebody as I am going off my head right now, but I would go with this for now

LT E Cruz/Moeolo
LG Hornsby/Bradford
C Reed/Ilaoa
RG Miller/More
RT Weatherspoon/Wohlabaugh

Would not be surprised if Bradford or More began the season starting at OG (instead of Hornsby) and More or Wohlabaugh starting at RT instead of Weatherspoon. Tough for these guys to win starting jobs with no spring practice with the team. But I think they will eventually win starting jobs. Hearing good stuff about Moeolo. He might also surprise. Interested to watch a lot of these guys in the spring game.

Back to Hornsby. I thought his film was the most impressive of any OG we have gotten in years. I know it was against so so opposition but the film does not lie. The guy Is really athletic and strong too. Very excited about him. And really happy we have him for two years.
Are we really thinking Weatherspoon at T - I thought he would make for a monster G. Guess it comes down to foot speed though as well. He did move pretty well for his size.

Are we really thinking Weatherspoon at T - I thought he would make for a monster G. Guess it comes down to foot speed though as well. He did move pretty well for his size.
I think that is what he played in his highlights. He probably could be a very good OG but I think at this point, we need another OT more than another OG.

I am less confident about Weatherspoon making an immediate impact than I am about Hornsby. But it looks to me as though he is better than anyone we had playing OT last season.

Hell, we are still after that OT from Texas (Anfernee Crease).

At this point, I would think we are more than set at OG. Likely going to need to cull a couple before the 2024 season starts.

It should be a really good battle for the starting spots on the OL. Not sure anyone has a spot locked up right now.

I think that is what he played in his highlights. He probably could be a very good OG but I think at this point, we need another OT more than another OG.

I am less confident about Weatherspoon making an immediate impact than I am about Hornsby. But it looks to me as though he is better than anyone we had playing OT last season.

At this point, I would think we are more than set at OG. Likely going to need to cull a couple before the 2024 season starts.

It should be a really good battle for the starting spots on the OL. Not sure anyone has a spot locked up right now.
Yeah I kind of view Hornsby like Hastings - athletic freak guys still growing into their skillset, I'm really excited about both of those guys.

Wh

Wouldn’t let kids commit until they visited.

Would offer kids without coming to campus

We have to be careful not to overrate these portal kids. I’m going to hold judgment until we see some results. We’ve been disappointed before.

Agree, it’s all in pencil right now. 19 right now, how many are here at beginning of August, who knows.

Hard to know how it would have turned out last yr without so many injuries as well.

We need to have some of the HS kids turn out to be solid players, you cant just hope the portal is the answer every yr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom