Class of 2019 - Grad QB Cole Snyder (PA) Portal from UBuffalo to EMU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Grad QB Cole Snyder (PA) Portal from UBuffalo to EMU

He might just start. Run heavy O with a guy that is experienced doesn't turn the ball over and can make the throws...

He might just start. Run heavy O with a guy that is experienced doesn't turn the ball over and can make the throws...

I don’t care if he commits, if Fran thinks he’s a schollie player I trust him. But not sure “doesn’t turn the ball over” is completely accurate. He had 13 TD’s and 9 INT’s last year with a below 30 QBR. And 8 INT’s the year before. Not a crazy amount of TD’s but he’s also not throwing 20 TD’s with those INT’s. He’s a very poor mans Trent Dilfer.

Again, I could care less if he comes here. Not crapping on the kid. If he’s coming to be a backup it makes a lot of sense.

Really makes me want to know who is going to be the QB coach.

Think there’s someone lined up or still looking with what seems like not a lot of offers out to QB’s? And I realize we may be trying to keep QB offers on the DL

I probably wouldn't read into it anymore than being a visit.

But...in my opinion we don't really even have a QB depth chart after Shrader graduates. CDRW is not the answer, Davis wasn't even trusted to throw passes when we had no-one that could and MacPhail is a walk on. So even if Snyder came in as a depth guy with no promises to start, he immediately becomes the best backup on our roster right now.
I would like coach Brown to check out the QB from U. Hawaii who just went in the portal . At first glance his numbers looked pretty good.

Snyder threw for over 3000 yards in 2022. I believe only Ryan Nassib has done that at Syracuse.

He didn’t play well last season. QBs rarely get worse from year to year in college. Not a UB fan but I suspect the biggest reason his stats got worse is because the team got worse.

It is a great thing to have an experienced QB on the roster, especially if that QB is slated as the backup. Fran is a straight shooter and I suspect if we offer, it will be with the expectation he will be the backup.

If we had him on our team this year, he probably gets us two more wins once Garrett went down.

First half of 2023 wasn't so bad either. At least not when you compare it to the last 6 games, when he just fell off a cliff.

Highlights from last two seasons. Some decent throws in here. Two really nice balls against Wisconsin. Would love him for depth. Wouldn’t mind bringing him in to compete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom