Grant / Ennis Timeline | Syracusefan.com

Grant / Ennis Timeline

RichmondCuse

Walk On
For anyone who may be "in the know", any idea how long we may be waiting for Grant and Ennis to make their decisions on next year? Could this be something that's settled in the next week or two, or will it drag out for a month or whenever the deadline to declare is?

Hope they take their time and make the right decision, but as a fan, sure would be nice to know what next year is going to look like!

I'm just guessing, but I'll say Ennis decides earlier than Grant. Both will and should take all the time they need to. I see the decisions being close to the deadline.

For anyone who may be "in the know", any idea how long we may be waiting for Grant and Ennis to make their decisions on next year? Could this be something that's settled in the next week or two, or will it drag out for a month or whenever the deadline to declare is?

Hope they take their time and make the right decision, but as a fan, sure would be nice to know what next year is going to look like!

The 2014 NBA draft is on June 26th.

Sigh: http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2014/mockdraft

CJ is not even on this list: http://www.nba.com/2014/news/featur...rankings-late-march-2014-nba-draft/index.html

Jabari Parker will probably stay another year at Duke and Grant and Ennis will jump ship.

The 2014 NBA draft is on June 26th.

Sigh: http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2014/mockdraft

CJ is not even on this list: http://www.nba.com/2014/news/featur...rankings-late-march-2014-nba-draft/index.html

Jabari Parker will probably stay another year at Duke and Grant and Ennis will jump ship.

CJ shouldnt be on the list. I dont think he has a spot in the NBA. It was pretty clear that Grant and Ennis are our two best talents. Had we run the O thru them, not CJ, things may have been different. But JB will always stick with his tenured guys.

JB makes his pitch for Ennis and Grant to stay another year:

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2014/3/24/5542946/nba-folks-dont-make-jim-boeheim-your-straw-man

Come on Ennis one more year you and joseph will be our best backcourt hands down nobody else is even close at 3rd.

Grant just needs to put some strength on to slow down his isolation dribble, then he could show the nba hes ready. He had a rough second half of the season offensively, lost his high post drive alittle more strength and he will be able to get down into the mid post more.

I could see Ennis going but Grant returning. Ennis had the hype this year. Next year I could see Grant completely owning other teams single handedly and getting the recognition. In any case, if I had to take one it would be grant.

OrangeTarheel said:
I could see Ennis going but Grant returning. Ennis had the hype this year. Next year I could see Grant completely owning other teams single handedly and getting the recognition. In any case, if I had to take one it would be grant.

We need ennis to come back over grant. A solid all american type point guard you take over a forward every day

There was an article on Jerami in SI last week (the one with Ennis on the cover). I came out of really thinking he was staying. The article said all of the Grants are late bloomers, he won't leave until he's ready, JB is quoted as saying he could be a monster but needs to get stronger.

We need ennis to come back over grant. A solid all american type point guard you take over a forward every day

Grant would be a loss, but we have a lot of good options at both forward positions. If we lose Ennis we are in deep trouble next year.

Grant would be a loss, but we have a lot of good options at both forward positions. If we lose Ennis we are in deep trouble next year.

I remember the exact same words being said last year...lol...we'll be fine one way or the other! But I think they both are coming back.

Do they decide together? If Ennis leaves, does Grant want to play with another freshman and possible drop? If Grant leaves, does Ennis want to come back to 2 new forwards?

My gut tells me Ennis goes and Grant stays.

We're in worse shape if Grant leaves than if Ennis leaves in my opinion.

Pretty shi- poor shape if both leave.

My gut tells me Ennis goes and Grant stays.

We're in worse shape if Grant leaves than if Ennis leaves in my opinion.

Pretty shi- poor shape if both leave.

Interesting... I'm thinking the opposite. Will we catch lightning in a bottle two years in a row with freshmen PGs?

We need ennis to come back, he'll be first team all American next year. He's the type of lead guard to take us all the way, just something special about him. I think he comes back, didn't he say he knew he wanted to go to Syracuse since he was like 10? He's not a 1 and doner, and the Dayton game will give him more motivation to come back.

Interesting... I'm thinking the opposite. Will we catch lightning in a bottle two years in a row with freshmen PGs?

I think Ennis will end up the better player but I think that KJ is simply better for our offense and will replenish the exciting transition we were spoiled with when Waiters was here.

KJ seems to be a scorer. If he can drive and dish down low to one of our 3 headed monster (Rak, Mac, or Grant) then we'll be unstoppable.

This is another reason I favor G over Cooney. G also has the ability to penetrate and dump off to bigs for easy buckets. He also cuts to the basket more than Cooney.

Edit: Obviously I'd rather Ennis come back. But I think we're not in awful shape if he doesn't.

High School and College are different. Cant remember his name but wasn't there a local guard that came to Syracuse as a great scorer and dropped off the face of Syracuse? Just remembered. Josh Wright

I remember the exact same words being said last year...lol...we'll be fine one way or the other! But I think they both are coming back.

Last year was different because we knew we had Ennis coming in. K-JO2 is great, but I think Ennis was more a pure PG with better creds. I think if we lose both Grant and Ennis next year is going to be a tough long season.

High School and College are different. Cant remember his name but wasn't there a local guard that came to Syracuse as a great scorer and dropped off the face of Syracuse? Just remembered. Josh Wright

Didn't he get all butt hurt when Devo took over the starting PG role in '06-07?

I am expecting to not know until the last day they can declare. Not gettiing my hopes up but hopefully we find out sooner rather than later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom