Great Win | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Great Win

How come 2 weeks in a row Ashton can go deep, and catch the ball, Hunt can get it to him ok, maybe our other receivers need to talk to Ashton.

Because he plays a different position that doesn't draw the same coverage. West was open deep twice today and Hunt missed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what it was but the defense seems more solid when Kirkland is in there compared to DD. Just a feeling I had I don't have any stats to back it up just seemed that way
Kirkland was great.

It drives me nuts that I sometimes think our QB is making some of those hits though...

Lynch, 14 tackles
Eskridge, 13 tackles
These guys are flying monsters. Whatever lack of speed we don't have to compete against the Clemson's of the football world, don't include these two. They were everywhere today.

I think the speed angle was overplayed with Clemson. They out schemed us and confused the secondary. Boyd and the OC were the difference. The 91 yarder being the exception.

Much better this game - though their QB was awful.

Because he plays a different position that doesn't draw the same coverage. West was open deep twice today and Hunt missed him.

That may be true, but Broyld is also a different class of athlete than any of the current crop of receivers.

Marrone really messed up the way he handled Broyld. Kid should have been a wr or a linebacker from day 1, and should have gotten a redshirt too. Did the kid an enormous disservice.

At this point, i start giving Broyld more of the wr playbook, and work estime in more. This team badly needs playmakers on the outside.

I was a bit disappointed in Hunts passing performance. He did have some guys getting separation today that he either didn't see or was hesitant to throw to. Clark did a good job getting open over the middle on three specific plays I noticed 15+ yards down the field but for what ever reason Hunt didn't get him the ball. I think Hunt is definitely still out there learning and getting comfortable at this level of competition and will be very good for us. What he brings to the offense with his feet makes up for his lack of throwing experience at this point. He is a leader on the field and the offense responds to him. That is a clear observation.

Yes, he had 4 or 5 really bad throws today. But by making plays with his feet and with us getting the win, I'm looking for a much better effort out of him against Ga Tech next week. His confidence should be better, after the beating we took against Clemson.

Yes, he had 4 or 5 really bad throws today. But by making plays with his feet and with us getting the win, I'm looking for a much better effort out of him against Ga Tech next week. His confidence should be better, after the beating we took against Clemson.

The best thing to take away from today on offense is the increasing confidence (and play) of the OL, and what it's meaning to the running game. The passing game isn't going to be great this year, but it will improve with time and reps. Maybe that's why McDonald is concentrating the passing game on the outside. Just to keep some defensive bodies out there so our RBs have a better chance of breaking one up the middle.

it would be nice if Hunt would make one of those deep throws.. probably missed 3. it helps ncst missed several as well
At least they tried to throw it down the field. That helps the rest of the offense a lot.

That may be true, but Broyld is also a different class of athlete than any of the current crop of receivers.

Marrone really messed up the way he handled Broyld. Kid should have been a wr or a linebacker from day 1, and should have gotten a redshirt too. Did the kid an enormous disservice.

At this point, i start giving Broyld more of the wr playbook, and work estime in more. This team badly needs playmakers on the outside.

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that if you postgrad you can't redshirt. Hence no redshirt.

We're going to have to wait for Go to weigh in on that one. He's the Arbiter of Proclaiming When The Corner Has Been Turned.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I just hope it won't be like this:

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that if you postgrad you can't redshirt. Hence no redshirt.
I think that's wrong. My understanding was that a PG year is considered a senior year repeat. Your 5-4 participation rules start once you enroll i believe.

I think that's wrong. My understanding was that a PG year is considered a senior year repeat. Your 5-4 participation rules start once you enroll i believe.
He is wrong, Ashton came in a s a true freshman. He could have shirted.

"Eskridge had a great bounce back game. He showed why he is starting. Excellent against the run."

Not to pick on Esk who had some great open field tackles defending the run today, but he bit once again on the play fake where Thomas overthrew the WR down the middle for a sure TD. I was like holy flock watching that play. I just don't understand why that keeps happening.

The one time they did go to Wales over the middle it was a nice first down. Would definitely love to see him being used more over the middle

This X3^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

McD needs to use the TE's more in this O. Hunt seems to be able to hit the short ones with some consistency. That little slant to Wales for the 1st down was pretty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom