Greetings 'Cuse fans! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Greetings 'Cuse fans!

It's your Clemson buddy, TigerSmith, back to talk football once again.

Friday night game - wish I could be there but I'll be attending a retirement dinner in Indianapolis. I won't even see the game live.

So what do you guys think?

I think that Clemson will be bringing THEIR refs. The "Good Ol' Boys". That's what I think. So far every home Clemson game has been that way and I don't expect this Friday to be any different.

I think that Clemson will be bringing THEIR refs. The "Good Ol' Boys". That's what I think. So far every home Clemson game has been that way and I don't expect this Friday to be any different.
Tuesday feels a little early to start citing the refs as the issue but that's just me...

Tuesday feels a little early to start citing the refs as the issue but that's just me...
Gbo what message board do most tiger fans frequent?

Gbo what message board do most tiger fans frequent?
muschampragin.0.gif
muschamp-stare-rage-mad-face-570x427.jpeg

one of these two I guess.

Why?

As explained to us by a Clemson fan 3 years ago on why they booed our real injuries, teams fake injuries to slow down tempo offense, break momentum, etc.

We’ve seen it a lot. So now we know 1st hand.

Any word on your QB situation?
UPDATE - Dabo said in today's press conference that Bryant took every snap in yesterday's practice and that he expects him to start Friday night.

UPDATE - Dabo said in today's press conference that Bryant took every snap in yesterday's practice and that he expects him to start Friday night.
I heard that's just reverse Clawson strategy.

Dabo said today he thinks Bryant will play but it's still day to day. If he can't go, I'm hoping Johnson gets the start. That would mean a completely different offensive game plan but he was poised and comfortable in his one series Saturday. His release time is amazing. He had the ball in his receiver's hands in the time it takes KB to look off his first option.

14-49

6-16

27-37

0-54

Two of those scores suggest we can compete with you. Two do not.

Which two are more meaningful?

14-49

6-16

27-37

0-54

Two of those scores suggest we can compete with you. Two do not.

Which two are more meaningful?
14-49 - Our first visit to your house. Clemson was bigger, faster and better than you expected them to be. By the time the shock wore off, the game was over.

6-16 - Deshaun went out with an injury early in the game if I recall correctly. Our backup QB had no confidence whatsoever. Why he didn't is of no importance now. Our defense won the game

27-37 - Probably the most accurate reading of the difference between the two teams playing in your house.

0-54 - Your best player went down and the game spiraled out of control. We weren't 54 points better.

I guess the two most meaningful scores are the two in your house since that's where we play next. They don't really tell us much, do they?

14-49 - Our first visit to your house. Clemson was bigger, faster and better than you expected them to be. By the time the shock wore off, the game was over.

6-16 - Deshaun went out with an injury early in the game if I recall correctly. Our backup QB had no confidence whatsoever. Why he didn't is of no importance now. Our defense won the game

27-37 - Probably the most accurate reading of the difference between the two teams playing in your house.

0-54 - Your best player went down and the game spiraled out of control. We weren't 54 points better.

I guess the two most meaningful scores are the two in your house since that's where we play next. They don't really tell us much, do they?

The two games where your backup QB played - were a lot closer than the ones where your starter played the whole game. Alternatively, our best option at QB only played in 1 full game (1st year and he was mediocre) and 2 drives last year.

Like NC State found out, a full game with Dungey is our best shot - and you've not really seen that.

Side note: It's nice to play you guys early enough that your not playing our 2nd and 3rd stringers at tons of positions. ACC conf office likes to give us FSU and Clemson late in the year. The thing the ACC schedule did that we were not prepared for - is a quality two-deep. The combo of losing Doug Marrone the year we were entering the ACC and having Shafer thereafter - put us behind the 8 ball for sure. But DB is getting us there.

Many congratulations to Clemson for their national championship. Well done. Your program is in a good place and we'd really like to be competitive on Friday night. If we can compete then anything can happen. Your confidence is well deserved but think and hope that weird things can happen at home, with a shocking result. Best wishes except for Friday night and thanks for representing the ACC so well. Your shade of orange is off a twitch, but it's still orange...

I was at that 6-16 game. Had Dino Babers coached that team, with that talent, we would have won. Looking forward to next year at your house.

I'm most excited to see the matchups vs Ishmael and Phillips. After what Dabo said about them publicly, I expect your D to key on them. Will be interesting to watch.

You'll have to take me at my word here, no harm intended. Are you concerned at all about the FBI investigation reaching Clemson football?

I was at that 6-16 game. Had Dino Babers coached that team, with that talent, we would have won. Looking forward to next year at your house.

I'm most excited to see the matchups vs Ishmael and Phillips. After what Dabo said about them publicly, I expect your D to key on them. Will be interesting to watch.

You'll have to take me at my word here, no harm intended. Are you concerned at all about the FBI investigation reaching Clemson football?
Why would be worried about it moreso than anyone else?

It's what every team has done to slow our fast paced offense... to kill the momentum. Fall down like you were shot, miss one snap, reenter the game as if nothing ever happened.
Nahhh, we'll be fine.

Re: explosive plays. It doesn't matter coming into the game just like LSU. If Bryant or whomever is QB has time back there they will get explosive plays. They will still outrun our guys and get past the secondary on a potential bomb placed well. Or a deep crossing route. Faster and bigger players. Babers has talked about this. Hoping our offense starts fast, Clemson coming in lackadaisical, and no injuries. I just can't really see us moving the ball that much against them. Elite defense with a bunch of Chubbs and a better secondary than NC St. 44-10 Clemson.

Last edited:
Nahhh, we'll be fine.
I will hold you to that. All I ask is that if you see your guys collapsing on long Syracuse drives that you recognize it and call it out for being what it is. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom