Greetings 'Cuse fans! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Greetings 'Cuse fans!

Re: explosive plays. It doesn't matter coming into the game just like LSU. If Bryant or whomever is QB has time back there they will get explosive plays. They will still outrun our guys and get past the secondary on a potential bomb placed well. Or a deep crossing route. Faster and bigger players. Hoping our offense starts fast, Clemson coming in lackadaisical, and no injuries. I just can't really see us moving the ball that much against them. Elite defense with a bunch of Chubbs and a better secondary than NC St. 44-10 Clemson.

There is a lot of truth to this. The talent gap is probably what is keeping the coaches up this week. You can have everything called correctly and still get burned.

But the QB has to make the throws and we’re home.

If it becomes a punt fest early, that will be a good sign.

I was at that 6-16 game. Had Dino Babers coached that team, with that talent, we would have won. Looking forward to next year at your house.

I'm most excited to see the matchups vs Ishmael and Phillips. After what Dabo said about them publicly, I expect your D to key on them. Will be interesting to watch.

You'll have to take me at my word here, no harm intended. Are you concerned at all about the FBI investigation reaching Clemson football?
No harm or offense taken. No, I'm not concerned about it. I've followed recruiting pretty close since the 2010 season. I can think of seven players without trying hard who either verbally committed to Clemson or who listed us as their number one choice until almost signing day then suddenly came up with really weird reasons why they always wanted to go somewhere else but didn't think it would be possible. That told me that either a parent or a "mentor" found a better offer for them and we did nothing to counter it.

For what it's worth, six of the seven ended up going to SEC schools.

And if the FBI investigation makes it to our basketball program then, Lord! we ARE pathetic!

I will hold you to that. All I ask is that if you see your guys collapsing on long Syracuse drives that you recognize it and call it out for being what it is. :)

As long as you do not boo when a guy is hurt...

As long as you do not boo when a guy is hurt...
I never boo someone that appears injured. I think that's a dangerous precedent because you likely end up booing someone that is actually hurt. I prefer to boo when they reenter the game 30 seconds later.

No harm or offense taken. No, I'm not concerned about it. I've followed recruiting pretty close since the 2010 season. I can think of seven players without trying hard who either verbally committed to Clemson or who listed us as their number one choice until almost signing day then suddenly came up with really weird reasons why they always wanted to go somewhere else but didn't think it would be possible. That told me that either a parent or a "mentor" found a better offer for them and we did nothing to counter it.

For what it's worth, six of the seven ended up going to SEC schools.

And if the FBI investigation makes it to our basketball program then, Lord! we ARE pathetic!

Would love to see the FBI look at the SEC. I doubt they will - as shoe company execs and coaches aren't as intertwined (I think). But I think it is worth noting that *if they wanted to* they could track down bag men and get them on tax related crimes, defrauding universities, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom