Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)!

Jake, I completely agree that it was an embarrassing mistake, but at the end of the day it was just one letter and everybody will forget about it by tomorrow. Resignation/firing talk seems inconsistent with your usual even-keeled thoughtfulness.

Give Rosie Bouie the sincere apology that he deserves and move on.
While I admire your restraint, I can assure you I won't be forgetting about this by tomorrow - or for a long time after that.

We are in the ACC because of Dr. Gross' skill and forward thinking. If we had a bad AD we could be in the American with UConn right now.

I'm not necessarily saying he needs to be out, but there needs to be some serious retooling in that department. All these little things over time make the AD look like a complete CF.

That is unreal.

My impression from day one was that the Dr. isn't a detail oriented guy. More of a big picture, art of the deal kind.

Looks like he hasn't hired anyone who can handle the small, but crucial day to day stuff very well.

Lot of day late and dollar short with this crew.

Spot on.

I like Gross, but this was shameful.

While I admire your restraint, I can assure you I won't be forgetting about this by tomorrow - or for a long time after that.

You won't be getting over a one-letter typo of someone else's name for a long time? Is that healthy?

We don't do any thing half-assed here...

B-ZPmwHIQAAZET7.jpg

We even spelled the name on the plate wrong. :bang:
Well, you know, the drapery should match the carpet. :eek:

Rosie is very humble & too big of a person to make a stink about this. However in talking to him at the sports auction last Friday it was clear how important this was to him. it is heartbreaking to have his long overdue honor clouded by a 'mistake' that ANYONE should have caught.

You won't be getting over a one-letter typo of someone else's name for a long time? Is that healthy?
110/80.

Seriously, no I won't find this mistake any more excusable tomorrow. The AD's remit is to get stuff like this right, especially for a cherished alum during a very public ceremony. Simply unacceptable, and it'll be equally unacceptable on the morrow (FINALLY found a way to work in one of the more annoying turns of phrase from the ASOIAF novels!).

This was for the revisionist history folks who wanted Sam Bowie back in the day. See he did come here! ;)

We are in the ACC because of Dr. Gross' skill and forward thinking. If we had a bad AD we could be in the American with UConn right now.
We are in the ACC because Swofford negotiated a bad deal with ESPN for the schools and the only way they could renegioate was to expand and Syracuse always maintained a good relationship with the conference and that is why we are in the ACC. If the money wasn't there the ACC doesn't add us no matter how much Gross did.

I disagree. We were thisclose to getting in the ACC in 2003. We (publicly, at least) gracefully handled the situation. When the ACC decided again to expand, we were the logical first choice. Could the AD have screwed the whole thing up? Maybe. But no great level of competency was required for SU to get the invitation.

Good news folks. The jersey unveiled and hanging from the rafters is spelled CORRECTLY.

We are in the ACC because Swofford negotiated a bad deal with ESPN for the schools and the only way they could renegioate was to expand and Syracuse always maintained a good relationship with the conference and that is why we are in the ACC. If the money wasn't there the ACC doesn't add us no matter how much Gross did.

Well then what about upgrading all our facilities? Does Doc get credit for that?

Yep Giasante sounds like a total jackass in the Post Standard article about it

Gisante needed to say it was his fault and he should have caught it, if it was his department. What.

Essentially said it was his subordinates fault that should never have been made.

Does anyone up there have a set of balls?

Gisante needed to say it was his fault and he should have caught it, if it was his department. What.

Essentially said it was his subordinates fault that should never have been made.

Does anyone up there have a set of balls?

NO this crap happens all the time whether its the AD's office, marketing, ticketing, its a constant cluster F. Would be nice if someone cleaned house for once.

Joe G. would very much like to remind everyone that the jersey they hung in the rafters was spelled correctly. So SUAD is 1 of 2, which is a .500 batting average. Those are Hall of Fame stats, baby!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom