Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)!

He is in charge of the athletic department and his wife is on charge of promotions.

Get the F out of town tonight.

You cannot misspell a FWcking jersey retirement.

Leave. Go back to USC.

WOW! Jake saying this, to me at least, throws some weight behind it. Not that I disagree, but wow.

Joe Giansante: "It was a Snickers' commercial come to life"

Me: " You"
Actually, I think that was the most bizarre statement in the whole article. If he is referring to the snickers commercials that have been running about someone ranting and raving until they have a bite of a candy bar... what does that have to do with making a bonehead mistake?

Me saying it shouldn't give more weight to it. I just cannot sit and watch the university screw up a simple ceremony and allow it to be blown off.

Somebody higher than a staffer needs to take accountability and the passing if the buck from Gisante and the lack of response from the athletic department director tells me all that I need to know.

I'm not quite to that point but a public apology is necessary for that embarrassment.
more than that --the ad and dept over the past yrs have been guilty of more fax pas than this ----look at the hx from spring games to ipf announcements -- thd is preoccupied with another agenda.

hy3da.jpg

I hope JB sticks around to get to 1000 now.

Jake, I completely agree that it was an embarrassing mistake, but at the end of the day it was just one letter and everybody will forget about it by tomorrow. Resignation/firing talk seems inconsistent with your usual even-keeled thoughtfulness.

Give Rosie Bouie the sincere apology that he deserves and move on.

Considering the NCAA is all over his rear for oversight issues...

Actually, I think that was the most bizarre statement in the whole article. If he is referring to the snickers commercials that have been running about someone ranting and raving until they have a bite of a candy bar... what does that have to do with making a bonehead mistake?

That too.

But my response was more just the lack of compassion. This was the culmination of a great chapter is Rosie's life. And to pass off the mistake as some "wacky commercial like moment" shows the total lack of "getting it"

Still cant believe his wife has a job in the dept. that tells you everything.
Agreed.
Back when she came to SU, I sent an email to TWO indicating several reasons why it was a bad idea. I'm sure she's well qualified, but her skills should be put to use elsewhere on campus.

Me saying it shouldn't give more weight to it. I just cannot sit and watch the university screw up a simple ceremony and allow it to be blown off.

Somebody higher than a staffer needs to take accountability and the passing if the buck from Gisante and the lack of response from the athletic department director tells me all that I need to know.

Gisante's reaction was damn-right maddening. The Snickers comment and saying what was right was clown show.

What he should've done was:

"We are embarrassed and we're outright apologetic that this happened. Roosevelt Bouie (and Louis Orr) is an incredible man whose integrity and respectfulness surpasses his wonderful playing career at Syracuse University and professionally. For this to happen falls squarely on us, on me and we hope people will focus on his accomplishments and not our mistake."

The lack of accountability surrounding this program right now is embarrassing. It is sad.

Last edited:
How.

The hell.

Did NO ONE bother to look at the jersey.

BEFORE THE FREAKING CEREMONY.

How the hell can Giasante suggest that only one person ever saw the jersey? What the hell kind of delegation is that? "I'm sure you'll do fine with this, sport!" No one bothers to proof anything? Actually, that makes sense, given some of the other mistakes over the years.

Un-freaking-believable.

For the record, SUAD people who chose not to hire me last summer, I know how to spell Bouie.

Ok, I only read the first page of the post. Tell me, did they get it wrong on the jersey that got hung or was that one right?

How.

The hell.

How the hell can Giasante suggest that only one person ever saw the jersey? What the hell kind of delegation is that? "I'm sure you'll do fine with this, sport!" No one bothers to proof anything? Actually, that makes sense, given some of the other mistakes over the years.

Un-freaking-believable.

For the record, SUAD people who chose not to hire me last summer, I know how to spell Bouie.

It's unbelievable because you can't make this stuff up. Surprisingly he didn't blame it on the poor lady who sewed the name on the jersey.

Gisante's reaction was damn0right maddening. The Snickers comment and saying what was right was clown show.

What he should've done was:

"We are embarrassed and we're outright apologetic that this happened. Roosevelt Bouie (and Louis Orr) is an incredible man whose integrity and respectfulness surpasses his wonderful playing career at Syracuse University and professionally. For this to happen falls squarely on us, on me and we hope people will focus on his accomplishments and not our mistake."

The lack of accountability surrounding this program right now is embarrassing. It is sad.
For him to blame it on the one employee showed a complete lack of class. A simple "We f*cked up" would have been fine. Instead he blames it on a flunky and a candy bar.

MadNY3 said:
Gisante's reaction was damn0right maddening. The Snickers comment and saying what was right was clown show. What he should've done was: "We are embarrassed and we're outright apologetic that this happened. Roosevelt Bouie (and Louis Orr) is an incredible man whose integrity and respectfulness surpasses his wonderful playing career at Syracuse University and professionally. For this to happen falls squarely on us, on me and we hope people will focus on his accomplishments and not our mistake." The lack of accountability surrounding this program right now is embarrassing. It is sad.

SU needs to hire you.

How.

The hell.

Un-freaking-believable.

But, my friend, can you spell Orr?

These quotes from Giansante are deplorable:

Look, it's an error," Giansante said. "An honest mistake. We're a team. An error was made and everyone bears the brunt of that, not a specific individual."

Giansante repeatedly referenced "regret" and "honest mistake."

"It's not something you want to happen," Giansante said. "You regret it."

His use of "You" is so telling. Just say "I" regret it. Take some responsibility. Really pathetic.

I've become increasingly livid, not just over the easily preventable embarrassment but the AD / staff's failure to take responsibility and demonstrate sincere contrition.

"Oh, we got the one in the rafters right, that's all that matters..." Seriously? What a clown.

I think he's talking about the old Snickers commercial, and the dude spelling the "Chiefs" the "Chefs".

To each their own, but I think Dr. Gross has been a very good AD for us and I would be upset to see him go.
This is disgraceful on so many levels. I am not calling out new Orange fans , but JB spoke at my grammer school basketball banquet as an assistant in 75, getting grilled on why he took Marty Headd over John Kobar. Rosie Bouie also made himself available in the years thereafter and was close to our Southside grammer school as well, showing up with his belt buckle that was filled w pennies(had to see it) .

Bigger point, Rosie and company were our heroes , pre ESPN and internet, and accessable. He worked summers in St Agnes Cemetary digging grave sites and maintanince. He was a fabric of the community. Louie and Bouie beating Purdue and Joe Barry Carroll was huge, in honesty, better then any win other than the NC in 03. Wtih a more mature JB we beat Iowa and Ronnie Lester, ouch. If you did not experience these times you have no idea what RB meant to this team and community. Truth be told, he/they should have had their numbers retired earlier. ,

At the end of the day, JB was a local yokal, barely reconigized in the community, him getting RB changed everything! JB would never say it, but RB's abilty overcame a lot ot JB's warts as a new coach. To his credit, JB has evolved into a national treasure, but many fans can tell you " no Roosevelt no JB" .
Todays developments are beyond lame, dictated by men and women who have no idea of the people who came before them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom