Has there been a spring with less buzz? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Has there been a spring with less buzz?

i dont expect anything different next season than last season -

ive been stomped on too much since 2000 to even care anymore to be honest-

we arent a well run program from the ad's office on down and havent been for over a decade

I hope the next Chief of Communications is someone who spends time in Syracuse and realizes that there is more to the local media than Axe and the others at Galaxy. Someone who uses Twitter for more than following CuseBlondies, or talking their former school's sports.

Folks, winning will surely go a long way, but the program's attendance needs more than just "wait for 4 home wins and then people will show for the last 3". I thought SU tried some good things with the fb/hoops packages (except for the BS about sell outs), but there needs to be some serious work done to get people in the doors. Getting stories out is free PR and will go further than that sign in Yankee Stadium does when it comes to direct revenue to SU Athletics.

Less Buzz? Well there was spring 2005 after he retired, alot less Buzz that year. Then there was the year the bees disappeared...

small-fry-topperx-topper-medium.jpg

I've got to admit the OP is right, there appears to be less Buzz.

If the intention was do their work under the radar with virtually no attention, they have done a hell of a job.
There are two good storylines that I wish were being told, and promoted.

Defense will be more of the same, so the question is who is progressing, who is impressing, what exciting new faces can we expect to see.

Offense, why is the new system and OC going to produce more points and more excitement.

This isn't the latest Apple new product release. Granted, the local media is not a reliable venue. Get the AD to put out its own hype.

Morale couldn't be much lower. Rough football season followed by the sanction filled, tournamentless Basketball season. I'm fairly certain if Lacrosse was struggling they'd blow up the Dome.

But, I know this...

If I can make it through this past year, I can make it through anything!

Better days round the bend!

Morale couldn't be much lower. Rough football season followed by the sanction filled, tournamentless Basketball season. I'm fairly certain if Lacrosse was struggling they'd blow up the Dome.

But, I know this...

If I can make it through this past year, I can make it through anything!

Better days round the bend!

image.jpg
Koolaid, anyone?

Look, I have lived in SoCal long enough to realize there is a lot a truth behind the whole "positivity" thing. Beleive it and it will pass. Negativity begets negativity and vice versa.

So I am positive that Syracuse football surprises the nation next year and flips that W-L

koolaid.jpg

OH YEA

I am guzzling it

The only people that care about spring practice are the die hards. Nobody that didn't watch last year is suddenly going to watch, if they have open practices.

The idea that spring practice will create buzz for the fall amongst people that don't already care is backwards. Having success in the fall is what will create buzz in the spring.

the team doesn't need buzz,they need home wins as they had buzz last spring= ended up 3-9 so ill take no buzz if it results in a bowl win

the less koolaid the better , no buzz=the better= start the buzz with wins

No offense, but if you want SU football to be good, it means getting more people to games. More people= more revenue=better salaries, facilities, etc.

Not sure how else you get people to invest in tickets unless you give them something to get on board with, unless people want to wait to be 3-0 before getting more than 35k in the Dome.:noidea:

Full_Rebar said:
No offense, but if you want SU football to be good, it means getting more people to games. More people= more revenue=better salaries, facilities, etc. Not sure how else you get people to invest in tickets unless you give them something to get on board with, unless people want to wait to be 3-0 before getting more than 35k in the Dome.:noidea:

Generally I agree with that sentiment. I'm okay giving the athletic dept a pass given how the past 3 months have gone...

No offense, but if you want SU football to be good, it means getting more people to games. More people= more revenue=better salaries, facilities, etc.

Not sure how else you get people to invest in tickets unless you give them something to get on board with, unless people want to wait to be 3-0 before getting more than 35k in the Dome.:noidea:
Yeah, but the Syracuse community is a jaded one. Nothing reported during the spring is going to get people interested that are not already. If SU was in the south I think it would be different. What will get people in the seats is wins. Would it be easier to recruit and subsequently win if people would show up to games first? Absolutely. I just don't think that's going to happen with the CNY community regardless of marketing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom