Have any former SS assistants landed elsewhere yet? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Have any former SS assistants landed elsewhere yet?

301_john_montefusco.jpg

I always look at your quote... and my lord has the tide turned. St Johns has beaten us 2 times in a row. i just threw up in my mouth.

So we have:

Shafer DC at Maryland
Lester QB coach at Purdue
Smith RB coach at Arkansas St
Moreland TE coach at Air Force (went back to old job)

Good time for him to jump in at ball state. No Dino babers no Matt Campbell to deal with :)

So you have our former QB coach & RB coach at Purdue now. Watch out, Big Ten!

They might be smart to share a hotel room for the next year and keep their families where they are at.

Southern Miss looking for a HC...maybe some opportunity there for assistant jobs

Anyone else surprised Acosta still doesn't have a gig?

Yep.

He thought he had something worked out at Rutgers, but something happened and they tried getting him on as part of the support staff. Was smart and walked away.

I'm really surprised though. It's not like he doesn't have solid resume before Syracuse. Someone like Temple, Uconn, or a B10 school wanting to get into NJ should grab him.

If certain rumors are to be believed, I'm not that surprised that he's still looking right now.

Sorry...didn't mean to do that.

I heard from more than one person that he was feeding info to reporters (and others) after the staff's dismissal, especially trying to sell that Ash was getting the job, when no one else was talking about that. Maybe Ash was a viable candidate, but I heard that his name only surfaced because of Acosta and it was only when the national folks mentioned him, that the local guys followed suit.

Sorry...didn't mean to do that.

I heard from more than one person that he was feeding info to reporters (and others) after the staff's dismissal, especially trying to sell that Ash was getting the job, when no one else was talking about that. Maybe Ash was a viable candidate, but I heard that his name only surfaced because of Acosta and it was only when the national folks mentioned him, that the local guys followed suit.
Are you saying he could have been the guy feeding kids like Estime that Ash was the next SU coach?

If Acosta was the cause of the stress on this board when it appeared Ash was imminent then while I liked Acosta sorry buddy Ash being the SU HC was scary to me.

Not sure if he was feeding the players, but I heard he was feeding several others that news.

Not sure if he was feeding the players, but I heard he was feeding several others that news.
Oh boy, coaches don't like coaches with loose lips.