Help me help a young boy fight cancer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Help me help a young boy fight cancer

Best of luck to your friends son and to your sister!

Honestly I am gravely concerned for my friend's son ... if he goes through anything like my sister did ... well I don't know how long he can go. My sister has had three gamma knife surgeries (she cannot have another they won't do it). Her medication messed her up so bad she now has diabetes and has seizures quite often. There was some hope to get her off it but the medication made her so tired that she had to start taking aderol which would help her stay awake but caused her blood pressure to skyrocket and give her more seizures. They now have her on insulin, blood pressure medication, her cancer meds and aderol to help her balance out ... our only hope is that they determine she is in remission so she can get off the cancer meds. If she can do that she will no longer need aderol ... as a side bonus she has had so many injections that the scar tissue at the injection site is so thick they can't get a needle through ... if it isn't one thing its another.

Honestly I am gravely concerned for my friend's son ... if he goes through anything like my sister did ... well I don't know how long he can go. My sister has had three gamma knife surgeries (she cannot have another they won't do it). Her medication messed her up so bad she now has diabetes and has seizures quite often. There was some hope to get her off it but the medication made her so tired that she had to start taking aderol which would help her stay awake but caused her blood pressure to skyrocket and give her more seizures. They now have her on insulin, blood pressure medication, her cancer meds and aderol to help her balance out ... our only hope is that they determine she is in remission so she can get off the cancer meds. If she can do that she will no longer need aderol ... as a side bonus she has had so many injections that the scar tissue at the injection site is so thick they can't get a needle through ... if it isn't one thing its another.
So sorry to hear that about your sister as well. Prayers to you, your sister and your friend.

I just noticed this was no longer pinned, if anyone is still willing to help out as always it would be appreciated ... I still have a long way to go so I just have to keep pushing, hoping and praying. Thanks to all who have contributed thus far!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom