Here's my biggest issue... | Syracusefan.com

Here's my biggest issue...

Rocco

Watching you.
You watch Temple play Notre Dome tough right now. We're truly talking about David vs Goliath in terms of talent, resources and everything else you can imagine when it comes to college football.

The ONLY variable is coaching. Bravo Matt Rhule.

How does the woodshed today happen? Bad coaching and a lack of adjustments. Just no good.

Rocco said:
You watch Temple play Notre Dome tough right now. We're truly talking about David vs Goliath in terms of talent, resources and everything else you can imagine when it comes to college football. The ONLY variable is coaching. Bravo Matt Rhule. How does the woodshed today happen? Bad coaching and a lack of adjustments. Just no good.

Match ups. It got bad today because their strength went against our weakness. Passing, especially deep.

Match ups. It got bad today because their strength went against our weakness. Passing, especially deep.

I disagree completely. We showed on the first 2 FSU series that we could play with them. FSU made adjustments, we got comfy.

And anyone who throws the football is a bad matchup at this point. Gotta be a way to masquerade that as a coach to an extent.

He can't.
I don't want to believe that, but the clock is ticking on showing it. At best we're in close games. At best. That's not enough to convince me Shafer will ever steal a game.

OttoinGrotto said:
I don't want to believe that, but the clock is ticking on showing it. At best we're in close games. At best. That's not enough to convince me Shafer will ever steal a game.

He can't. There's a ceiling, it's obvious.

This is my exact issue. We need our own Matt Rhule. We need someone who can do more with less because we are never going to be the ones with more.

True, but here's my issue. Matt Rhule will be the HC at South Carolina next year. I don't want to deal with the skipping stone BS.

I also realize that winning is more important than any of those concerns. I just want to see this program be successful and MAINTAIN that status.

He can't. There's a ceiling, it's obvious.
I agree with you. I've been worried about it for a long time. It's the style and mindset.

OttoinGrotto said:
I agree with you. I've been worried about it for a long time. It's the style and mindset.

His enemy is simple math.

By strength you mean they have coaches who are qualified for the jobs they have as opposed to our coaches who aren't?

Talk about being outcoached?! Rhule is putting it to Brian Kelly right now in that regard.

You watch Temple play Notre Dome tough right now. We're truly talking about David vs Goliath in terms of talent, resources and everything else you can imagine when it comes to college football.

The ONLY variable is coaching. Bravo Matt Rhule.

How does the woodshed today happen? Bad coaching and a lack of adjustments. Just no good.
I agree 100% with this.

I still think Shafer COULD be that guy, but just not so sure anymore.
My biggest issue with this staff is the preseason 2 deep people keep playing regardless of production. We're 8 games into the season, and Ellison who makes tackles on special teams all the time, and played CB for one of the top High Schools can't get on the field. Yet we have an abundance of DB's not named Cordy who miss tackles every game, and still play. They also miss assignments, or are out of position to make plays on receivers.We have 2 wide receivers, who play as backups every game, and have a total of 7 receptions in 8 games. It seems to me if you can't produce during games, you should find a seat on the end of the bench.

My biggest issue with this staff is the preseason 2 deep people keep playing regardless of production. We're 8 games into the season, and Ellison who makes tackles on special teams all the time, and played CB for one of the top High Schools can't get on the field. Yet we have an abundance of DB's not named Cordy who miss tackles every game, and still play. They also miss assignments, or are out of position to make plays on receivers.We have 2 wide receivers, who play as backups every game, and have a total of 7 receptions in 8 games. It seems to me if you can't produce during games, you should find a seat on the end of the bench.
But, but, but Scott is such a good buddy to his players, how could he face those guys at the next pool party if he benched them for ineffectiveness?!

Rocco said:
I disagree completely. We showed on the first 2 FSU series that we could play with them. FSU made adjustments, we got comfy. And anyone who throws the football is a bad matchup at this point. Gotta be a way to masquerade that as a coach to an extent.

2 series? Yea but after that every time they went deep they connected. The new QBs strength was throwing especially deep. That's our biggest weakness. After they hit several of them. It opened the running game. We know our defensive backfield is weak. That kid could put the ball out there and connect. The coaching mistakes just exasperated things.

2 series? Yea but after that every time they went deep they connected. The new QBs strength was throwing especially deep. That's our biggest weakness. After they hit several of them. It opened the running game. We know our defensive backfield is weak. That kid could put the ball out there and connect. The coaching mistakes just exasperated things.

That is far from an endorsement on this coaching staff, I hope. Because not a single sane soul can justifiably say they feel warm and fuzzy about the Syracuse head coach's ability to actually coach.

True, but here's my issue. Matt Rhule will be the HC at South Carolina next year. I don't want to deal with the skipping stone BS.

I also realize that winning is more important than any of those concerns. I just want to see this program be successful and MAINTAIN that status.
We can alway figure out who temple is going after and try to poach him. They seem to have the market on hiring up and coming great coaches

rrlbees said:

Not to mention, I'm not sure we could stop them running the ball if it were illegal for them to pass it.