Hey Guys! Purdue fan back again! | Syracusefan.com

Hey Guys! Purdue fan back again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabaYaga

Walk On
It's been quite the ride since I was over here last -- both of our football seasons probably didn't end up quite as we expected but it goes like that from time to time.

I saw that the Orange hired Dale Williams as their new OL coach and just wanted to voice my opinion on him since he was the OL coach at Purdue for a number of years.

HE SUCKS. I am so sorry that you have to go through Dale Williams as your OL coach.

If you'd like - I can provide many examples of how our fanbase felt about him, the fact that under him Purdue was quite terrible at running the football, and that the recruiting suffered mightily under him.

Appreciate the feed back! Seems his lines protected the qb well though? O’connel wasn’t very mobile and was able to have time to throw.

Appreciate the feed back! Seems his lines protected the qb well though? O’connel wasn’t very mobile and was able to have time to throw.
It was...okay at best. AOC was primarily at times a one read guy and got the ball out very quickly. Not a ton of long developing plays. It does help when your one read is Rondale Moore or David Bell or Charlie Jones though.

The new staff has had to rebuild the entire line besides two guys. There was no depth built up under Williams. Could not run the ball in Brohm's early years and there were a ton of guys who had to retire due to back issues. I don't think one single fan looked at Dale in a favorable way. I mean, heck...Purdue averaged 80 yards rushing one season on a terrible YPC.

Here’s a funny tidbit.

Dale loves Dodge Challengers and Chargers. So much so that every time he’s on a recruiting visit that he’ll post a photo of his rental car. He’d always tweet about the cars - not anything else. He’ll RT some stuff but rarely.

Don't think Coach Fran needs anymore recruiting help.
You need to like your position coach though and the longstanding rumor was that guys left because of Dale and most hated him.

I don't think it was any surprise that the team improved their YPC to 4.4 yards this year just two years after having a 2.8 YPC. That is with having 8 different starting OL combinations and being without 3 of our best OL for spurts at a time due to injury.

I really wanted this to be some iteration of BoilerD so I could say mean things

It's been quite the ride since I was over here last -- both of our football seasons probably didn't end up quite as we expected but it goes like that from time to time.

I saw that the Orange hired Dale Williams as their new OL coach and just wanted to voice my opinion on him since he was the OL coach at Purdue for a number of years.

HE SUCKS. I am so sorry that you have to go through Dale Williams as your OL coach.
Welcome back Baba.

You might be right about Dale. There have been a few times over the years where Syracuse announced the hiring of an assistant coach and fans from the team the coach was coaching at immediately came to our board, sometimes in droves, to warn us of impending doom. And frankly, when this has happened, they have usually been right. Anyone remember the Sterlin Gilbert experience (for one)?

That said, weren’t you the Purdue fan who came on this board before the 2023 Syracuse-Purdue game and repeatedly extolled the virtues and talent level of the Purdue team at every position? You made that team sound like a major powerhouse. And here we are with the regular season complete and Purdue with a 4-8 record.

So no offense to you, but I am hoping your abilities to objectively assess the talent of your team match your abilities to objectively assess the abilities of your former coaches.

That would be awesome.

I am worried about his ability to teach effective run blocking.

Welcome back Baba.

That said, weren’t you the Purdue fan who came on this board before the 2023 Syracuse-Purdue game and repeatedly extolled the virtues and talent level of the Purdue team at every position? You made that team sound like a major powerhouse. And here we are with the regular season complete and Purdue with a 4-8 record.

So no offense to you, but I am hoping your abilities to objectively assess the talent of your team match your abilities to objectively assess the abilities of your former coaches.
Thanks...but no, that wasn't me.

I did come before the game but there was another member here too who was pretty brash.

I said the strength of the Purdue defense was going to be their pass rush (it was) and that Scourton and Jenkins would be the two best defensive players Purdue had (they were).

I said there was not anyone who you had to worry about on offense besides Burks (true) and that the weakest part was the offensive line (80 yards rushing = true)

I WAS ON A ROLLLLLL BABY

I do admit i am not thrilled with the hire at such a crucial position. Also, when fans from other schools come here to warn us about a particular coach (Insert Sterling Gilbert) it usually plays out accordingly. The guy was demoted from OL coach to senior advisor on the support staff if that tells you anything. I have liked all of Fran’s hires so far but this one is a bit of a head scratcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom