hmmm... UConn deserve another look? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

hmmm... UConn deserve another look?

We have as many NC game wins as Gonzaga has sweet 16 wins.

The state just approved a 1.5 billion expansion o that will include "Increasing total enrollment by 6,580, or about 30 percent. Of those, almost 3,300 will be STEM students, including 70 percent more engineering students." Gonzaga has a total enrollment of 7700.

UCONN NBA players are approaching 1 billion in salary combined.

Comparing UCONN and Gonzaga is just silly. Completely different missions and institutions.

Since "losing" CR to BCU, UCONN has been to a BCS Bowl Game, 4 FF's and won 3 National Championships. BCU has been able to hang a banner every time they cash an ACC check, I suppose.

There is an urgency that CR is bringing to UCONN. Geno just publically told women BB fans to support football. Our president hired super-fund raiser. Burton hired a CR person. PP got fired in 2.5 years vs. 4 years of GROB or Spaziano. UCONN is paying Diaco about double what RU is paying Flood. Our BB facility is going to be mind blowing. We got more fans to our spring game coming off a 3 win season than our local peers did off bowl seasons. We are joining hockey east next year, hired a top coach and are looking at building a kick butt on campus facility. Our field hockey team just won another national championship.

Losing CR has shaken off complacency in every part of the athletic department.
You're missing or purposely ignoring my point. Of course you're not Gonzaga, which makes your situation even more pathetic. You're an elite program who for the forseeable future, is being lumped in with schools LIKE Gonzaga, Butler, VCU, etc.
UConn is waaaay above that pay-grade, so why aren't the B1G/ACC, heck- even BigXII, falling all over themselves to snatch you up? That's what you need to come to terms with. The B1G took the dumpster fire that is Rutgers...RUTGERS, for pete's sake- over a quality winner like UConn. This tells you that its not at all about performance on the field, and in most of those other factors, your program is woefully short.
Wishing for it to be different, won't change the reality. Its a shame really, and part of me feels for you guys...at least I once did before you became "WVU North" & began lashing out at everyone around you. Jealousy, envy, frustration, and spite are now your calling cards. Oh, and lest I forget, congrats on your NC's- good job! :rolleyes:

If the offers came in at the same time, there is no doubt UCONN would pick the B1G.

UCONN is more like Penn St and Rutgers than SU & BC

Think about where your fan base is located, the sports you excel at, the size of your school, and where your residents move too...it isn't Detroit and it is not Football.

You're missing or purposely ignoring my point. Of course you're not Gonzaga, which makes your situation even more pathetic. You're an elite program who for the forseeable future, is being lumped in with schools LIKE Gonzaga, Butler, VCU, etc.

Reading the national media (like SI or FiveThirtyEight or Grantland), I've been seeing UCONN lumped in with UNC, KY, Duke Kansas & UCLA. Do a search on UCONN & blueblood and you'll see 1000's of articles, mostly saying "yeah, #4 makes them a blue blood".

So, if you get off the SU board, you'll see UCONN is actually not being linked to Butler or Gonzaga anywhere else.

UConn is waaaay above that pay-grade, so why aren't the B1G/ACC, heck- even BigXII, falling all over themselves to snatch you up? That's what you need to come to terms with. The B1G took the dumpster fire that is Rutgers...RUTGERS, for pete's sake- over a quality winner like UConn. This tells you that its not at all about performance on the field, and in most of those other factors, your program is woefully short.
Wishing for it to be different, won't change the reality. Its a shame really, and part of me feels for you guys...at least I once did before you became "WVU North" & began lashing out at everyone around you. Jealousy, envy, frustration, and spite are now your calling cards. Oh, and lest I forget, congrats on your NC's- good job! :rolleyes:

I've advocated for UConn in the ACC at one point or another but their increased hostility towards the ACC makes me less inclined to do so (not that what goes on boards has much of an impact). I don't think UConn fans should be kissing up to the ACC but making statements about the ACC being an unorganized, Big East 2.0 doesn't do them any favors. Connecticut has a small footprint and unlike Rutgers, no New York city residents jumped on the UConn bandwagon during their successful football season. West Virginia had tremendous football success at the right time and was turned down by the ACC and SEC. UConn may end up in a P5 conference at some point but the way it's being presented as if they're above the ACC is comical.

Reading the national media (like SI or FiveThirtyEight or Grantland), I've been seeing UCONN lumped in with UNC, KY, Duke Kansas & UCLA. Do a search on UCONN & blueblood and you'll see 1000's of articles, mostly saying "yeah, #4 makes them a blue blood".

So, if you get off the SU board, you'll see UCONN is actually not being linked to Butler or Gonzaga anywhere else.
Once again, you take one sentence out of context and run with it, while totally ignoring the rest. It won't work and its really kinda sad. Look, you're a Blue Blood and you have an elite program...but if you'd care to look, you'd notice that all those other bluebloods have something you don't.
Can u guess what that is...or do you wanna remain in Stage 1 forever?
I'll give you a hint; DENIAL ain't just a river in Norwalk...I mean, Egypt!
In the meantime...
shinebox.jpg

Legitimate question - if that is the resume UConn has, and it aligns with the B1G to that extent, how did Rutgers get an invite over UConn?

As I've said before, what I heard was that RU was initially approached at an AAU meeting. Think that's the big hangup for UConn. Conferences need to convince the academic side to get approval. B10 had trouble green lighting the Nebraska addition. I think Kansas would be in the B10 now if their academics weren't so mediocre. Missouri, too, probably.

Anyways, I'd take no championships in the next decade over being in the AAC the next decade.

sdhusky said:
Reading the national media (like SI or FiveThirtyEight or Grantland), I've been seeing UCONN lumped in with UNC, KY, Duke Kansas & UCLA. Do a search on UCONN & blueblood and you'll see 1000's of articles, mostly saying "yeah, #4 makes them a blue blood". So, if you get off the SU board, you'll see UCONN is actually not being linked to Butler or Gonzaga anywhere else.

Since you prefer the B10, why don't you go troll one of your B10 peer schools, like rutgers.

How did Indiana do after Mike Davis took Bobby's players to the NC game?

UConn basketball will be 100% fine as long as Ollie stays, regardless of conference affiliation. If Ollie left for the NBA, they would be in a really tough spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom