Houston and Booking through SU questions... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Houston and Booking through SU questions...

I probably wouldn't if there is a crazy hotel price. But if I go, I've never worried about tix or hotel. I'm resourceful. I've gone on trips without tix and ended up with better than most. But supporting primesports is not something I'd consider. Why pay a kickback to the NCAA?
Because as I witnessed in '13...it is much tougher to buy "paper" tickets on the street as most sales have move on line.

TexanMark said:
Because as I witnessed in '13...it is much tougher to buy "paper" tickets on the street as most sales have move on line.

If you are worried about buying on the streets then use other online sites at least. The ones that don't give the NCAA a cut.

Funny you say that, took my daughter there a couple weeks ago to look through the telescopes at George Observatory. We are walking through the swampy area on the path after dark (kind of a wooden walkway over a marsh) and using your iPhone flashlight, you could see gators in the marsh within 3 feet of you on the sides of the walkway. My 6 year old loved it, my wife couldn't have gotten out of there faster if she had a jet pack!

I know exactly what you are talking about. Kids love it, moms worry about the kids the whole time (well, except the times when they wonder if your life policy is paid up and whether they'll get caught - solely for putting them through the stress of worrying over their kids).

Great place for those who like the outdoors and seeing nature. Seeing large animals in wild is a much better experience than a zoo, and zoos are fun to begin with. When walking around the big lake, I rarely see less than 15 gators.

Can anyone report what hotel SU will be staying at?

No, not getting ahead of myself...just trying to figure out what to do IF we get it done tomorrow.

I have never booked any of our regional or final four trips through SU.

If you book through SU, do you stay at the same hotel as the team? My son is now 12 and I thought that might be a cool experience for him.

Although we didn't stay at team hotel in '03, I remember going over there and it being pretty cool with both coaches and players being accessible and tons of orange everywhere.

If not, and I end up booking on my own, can a board denizen who lives/knows Houston give some recommendations on where to stay?

Important is nice hotel within walking distance of good restaurants. Does that mean the downtown area?

Does one have to drive to stadium from downtown or is there public transportation?

Any Houston info appreciated...Thanks.

How easy is it to get tickets the day of the game? Tips from people who went in 13'?

Also, buy a round trip ticket or try to buy a one way and buy a return once Saturday's games are played? How did people play it last time?

How easy is it to get tickets the day of the game? Tips from people who went in 13'?

Also, buy a round trip ticket or try to buy a one way and buy a return once Saturday's games are played? How did people play it last time?
Depends on how many you are looking for...first go through the board here. After that...probably wanna check on line...not as much scalping anymore due to legal secondary market online.

For the semis, you of course have 4 schools scrambling to take the available seats, but for Monday's final you might see the wait until the day of strategy pay off better as the losers leave town on Sunday. I don't think I would wait for the day of to buy Saturday tickets though.

I used the NCAA ticket exchange in 2013, and received about 50% of face value back for Monday's finals ticket. The exchange will put your tickets up for auction and give you the highest bid back, which has to be better than selling paper on the street.

As far as airfare, I am seeing $750 round trip right now from Cuse, and that is in to DFW, about a 3.5 hour drive. I think booking one ways is risky, but at these prices, you may not end up too worse off.

Based on seed? Damn...

the-worst-hotels-in-the-entire-world
Just like the hotel in St. Louis

Got two one way tickets from Philly to Austin for about $425 a person, which was cheaper than a round trip. Arriving Friday, leaving Tuesday morning. I'm going with my 69 year old mother, who's a BIG Cuse fan. Took the plunge and got tickets through Prime Sports. If they win Saturday I'll hold out and get tickets once we're there.

Package details came out. Looking at $1689 pp if double occupancy for land only and about &2600 if Taking charter from syr

Package details came out. Looking at $1689 pp if double occupancy for land only and about &2600 if Taking charter from syr

Yeah...OK. I'll be saving at least 1/2 of that.

I need to buy tickets. I've never been to a final four and reading this I'm confused. Where do I acquire tickets?

And tickets only, if available are $360. So four nights in an undisclosed hotel for 2 - over $600/night. For a guy with 2 million Hilton points in the bank not a great option. Booked flight and hotel. I'll get tickets...

Consigliere said:
And tickets only, if available are $360. So four nights in an undisclosed hotel for 2 - over $600/night. For a guy with 2 million Hilton points in the bank not a great option. Booked flight and hotel. I'll get tickets...

You did the right thing.

I'm doing the same thing and did this for ATL...Booked flights and hotel via points and will troll for tickets until I get what I need...Good Luck!

I'm doing the same thing and did this for ATL...Booked flights and hotel via points and will troll for tickets until I get what I need...Good Luck!

What really irks me just a little is I up my Orange Club donation just a bit each year to get the benefit of having first shot at post season tickets. Now I essentially stand in line with everyone waiting for tickets only sale to open on Wednesday. Cuse has come a long way showing appreciation for fan support but this one stings a little. Oh well, same as Atlanta. I'll sweat it for a couple of days but I'm sure I'll be fine...

Prepare to be boned. I don't know why SU has to sell a tix/hotel package only and go through a travel agent.

FYI - they went to tickets only in 2013. I would expect Houston to be similar. Much smaller alum base/snowbirds within driving radius and much harder to get to from NE

I need to buy tickets. I've never been to a final four and reading this I'm confused. Where do I acquire tickets?

There's still a bunch left on primesports, which is the official NCAA ticket exchange. I wasn't going to take the risk to get there without having tickets for the semifinal. I'll acquire tix for Monday once Saturday's games are over if all goes well.

There's still a bunch left on primesports, which is the official NCAA ticket exchange. I wasn't going to take the risk to get there without having tickets for the semifinal. I'll acquire tix for Monday once Saturday's games are over if all goes well.

Very easy to do. People were waiting outside the building scooping up tickets after we lost in ATL.

For what it's worth, I received an e-mail from AAA. They're doing some type of deal if you're a member!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom