How Do We Beat These Guys Today? | Syracusefan.com

How Do We Beat These Guys Today?

Yeah, what Marsh said. Go after every rebound like you need it. Attention to the high post. Stop dribbling the ball off your foot and all that ridiculousness from the last couple weeks. Move the ball, create open looks, make those open looks count.

Might want to get the turnovers back down in sight of single digits.

Try to hang within 5 or so on the boards.

Actually make some shots.

I would like to say show Pitt something different, but that's probably not worth wasting my time saying.

Making double digit three pointers is the key in my mind and hope we get some officials who call it tight against the Pitt muggings.

Shoot around 40% from three, keep rebound differential within 10, 15/15 boards points from Coleman/Roberson.

Confuse them with some man. Dixon loves our system.

Yes, "confuse" them with the defense they see a lot more often and score much more against. Great idea.

Jamie Dixon salivates at playing against the zone. Pass the ball for 20 seconds, chuck the ball at hoop, crash glass with five guys, rebound, putback, 2 pts (and maybe a 3rd). Syracuse sends three guys out of the paint to guard "the shooters" and tries to win a rebounding battle with 2 vs 5 ...

Rinse and repeat forever because nothing changes.

No wonder Dixon has a great record against the vaunted zone.

Jamie Dixon salivates at playing against the zone. Pass the ball for 20 seconds, chuck the ball at hoop, crash glass with five guys, rebound, putback, 2 pts (and maybe a 3rd). Syracuse sends three guys out of the paint to guard "the shooters" and tries to win a rebounding battle with 2 vs 5 ...

Rinse and repeat forever because nothing changes.

No wonder Dixon has a great record against the vaunted zone.
thats legit his game plan

Fly Rodder said:
Jamie Dixon salivates at playing against the zone. Pass the ball for 20 seconds, chuck the ball at hoop, crash glass with five guys, rebound, putback, 2 pts (and maybe a 3rd). Syracuse sends three guys out of the paint to guard "the shooters" and tries to win a rebounding battle with 2 vs 5 ... Rinse and repeat forever because nothing changes. No wonder Dixon has a great record against the vaunted zone.

Good answer to the OP ;)

I think you have to match their aggressiveness, rebound, and do all you can to push Dixon into a tantrum.

In Pitt's last 2 losses, they are a combined 3/32 from three point land

“Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.” - John Madden

But I agree with Marsh to be serious about it.

I was wondering how long it would take ... :D

gilardino said:
In Pitt's last 2 losses, they are a combined 3/32 from three point land

Guarantee theyll have 3 threes by the 10 minute mark of 1st half. Guaranteed!

Keep the ball out of the high post, which in turn prevents them from hitting the open guy down low on the buffer or in the short corner. I haven't seen any Pitt games this year, but other teams (especially UNC) have really hurt us that way.

Yes, "confuse" them with the defense they see a lot more often and score much more against. Great idea.
Let's put it this way, son... Pitt is on the bubble, too, and it's not because of our zone.

Guarantee theyll have 3 threes by the 10 minute mark of 1st half. Guaranteed!

Probably...including one that includes "the bank is open" like in Dome a couple of weeks ago. :(:bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom