How the f did McCroskey get a schollie? | Syracusefan.com

How the f did McCroskey get a schollie?

nyucuse

2nd String
Watching SU Pitt BET from '06 and watching him again is like placing toothpicks into my eyeballs.

Watching SU Pitt BET from '06 and watching him again is like placing toothpicks into my eyeballs.
Was a weak class for SG back in 03 and we missed out on several targets at that position from what I remember. Louie was actually ranked towards the end of most top 100 list.

I had class with him in 03 or 04. He may be the least intelligent human I have ever met.

I had class with him in 03 or 04. He may be the least intelligent human I have ever met.

I've got a few people I know that could rival that statement.

He's a friend and I went to HS with him but yeah academics wasn't really his strong suit.

He's a friend and I went to HS with him but yeah academics wasn't really his strong suit.

youre that young?

i always assumed you were older... funny.

I always felt that Louie tried to do too much when he was in the game in an effort to earn more time. It almost always backfired, as his play was not up to snuff. If he had played within himself and been able to bide his time, I think he could have had a successful career at SU.

never could improve on his jumper... was a top 75 or so recruit though

youre that young?

i always assumed you were older... funny.
Yup, the vets on the board can remember me first posting on the board as a HS freshman. Telling them about an unknown Julius Hodge(before he blew up) who told me he was a big time cuse fan. The rest as they say is history and that saga pretty much put me onto the good, the bad, and the ugly of the basketball recruiting world.

Yup, the vets on the board can remember me first posting on the board as a HS freshman. Telling them about an unknown Julius Hodge(before he blew up) who told me he was a big time cuse fan. The rest as they say is history and that saga pretty much put me onto the good, the bad, and the ugly of the basketball recruiting world.
From what I remember he was excellent at throwing chairs.

I always felt that Louie tried to do to much when he was in the game in an effort to earn more time. It almost always backfired, as his play was not up to snuff. If he had played within himself and been able to bide his time, I think he could have had a successful career at SU.
I agree. I thought he could've been a solid role player off the bench, but unfortunately he had this superstar mentality and never had the skill set to back that up.

double digit assists games in a row... i meant to post in the mcw thread.

AH ok, I read the entire post like twice trying to figure out what you were referencing.

Yep, I remember your HS days and Hodge, McCroskey and others. You've come a long ways. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I saw him in the summer prior to the start of the year playing with the rest of the class and, I swear to you, he was the most game-ready of the four that came in with that class.

I was so disappointed with his career after seeing how he played in the games I saw him.

From what I remember he was excellent at throwing chairs.
He was excellent at punching out windows as well tqY0t.png

Francis... This may come off like an odd question but who are you? Yes, I know you are a recruiting guru and yes, I read your blog. Do you do this for a living? If not, you should.

My head, once again, is spinning. Why is this random thread here?

Maybe I should start one about Mark Konecny. Or Win Walton, anyone?

Seriously, we have a fun, interesting, top-three (currently) team this year. And every time I come to this board, folks are jerking off about something that happened before our current players were in high school. I once had an editor who kept saying ... "Sufficient into each day... is the evil thereof." Where is Irv Levine (his name) when we need him?

Louie was a frustrating player in many ways but he did have that one sick dunk in someone's grille at UConn when we were down about 4 touchdowns. And he talked trash! Ha!

Francis... This may come off like an odd question but who are you? Yes, I know you are a recruiting guru and yes, I read your blog. Do you do this for a living? If not, you should.
Thanks for the kind words. All of the recruiting stuff has just been for fun. I would love to do it full-time if the right opportunity present itself.

My head, once again, is spinning. Why is this random thread here?

Maybe I should start one about Mark Konecny. Or Win Walton, anyone?

Seriously, we have a fun, interesting, top-three (currently) team this year. And every time I come to this board, folks are jerking off about something that happened before our current players were in high school. I once had an editor who kept saying ... "Sufficient into each day... is the evil thereof." Where is Irv Levine (his name) when we need him?

Rough day CTO?...) Posted because the SU Pitt BET game from '06 was pn ESPN Classic this afternoon and specifically because watching Louie both brought back painful memories of a frustrating player, and because I appreciate more than ever the quality of the teams we have had the past several years...

Thanks for the kind words. All of the recruiting stuff has just been for fun. I would love to do it full-time if the right opportunity present itself.

Well you certainly got a follower here, as well as several of my friends...

Yeah, you're great at it. I'm going to be checking out Tyler Roberson in January when Roselle Catholic plays Summit HS about a mile from my home. I plan on posting a scouting report. For one day,I will try to do what you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom