How the f did McCroskey get a schollie? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How the f did McCroskey get a schollie?

Rough day CTO?...) Posted because the SU Pitt BET game from '06 was pn ESPN Classic this afternoon and specifically because watching Louie both brought back painful memories of a frustrating player, and because I appreciate more than ever the quality of the teams we have had the past several years...
Thanks for explaining why you posted it. I now understand. Out of context, it seemed so "out of left field."

My head, once again, is spinning. Why is this random thread here?

Maybe I should start one about Mark Konecny. Or Win Walton, anyone?

Seriously, we have a fun, interesting, top-three (currently) team this year. And every time I come to this board, folks are jerking off about something that happened before our current players were in high school. I once had an editor who kept saying ... "Sufficient into each day... is the evil thereof." Where is Irv Levine (his name) when we need him?

In honor of JB's 900th, ESPN Classic has had an SU marathon since midnight last night. The games they have shown have elicited memories.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, you're great at it. I'm going to be checking out Tyler Roberson in January when Roselle Catholic plays Summit HS about a mile from my home. I plan on posting a scouting report. For one day,I will try to do what you do.
Sounds good. Tyler has had a good start to his season, so I'm sure you'll enjoy checking him out.

Does anybody remember Louie's dunk against Uconn I think? We were getting beat badly but he had a monster dunk that game, I remember because I was there. Does anybody remember that? There used to be a YouTube of it.

Does anybody remember Louie's dunk against Uconn I think? We were getting beat badly but he had a monster dunk that game, I remember because I was there. Does anybody remember that? There used to be a YouTube of it.

That was awful. We were down by like 100 and he decides to pull a "I'm a dumbass" staredown after dunking it. I wanted to so kick him in the nuts when I saw that.

In honor of JB's 900th, ESPN Classic has had an SU marathon since midnight last night. The games they have shown have elicited memories.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Am I the only one who forgets about ESPN Classic because its not in HD? I get why they're not in HD, but the whole HD revolution probably didn't promote job growth within that channel.

No one could get a drive blocked like McCroskey.

Kid was a savant at that.

double digit assists games in a row... i meant to post in the mcw thread.

Are you saying McCroskey had back to back double assist games? I don't think so. Never came close. You must be thinking of McNamara

Yep, see my post above. The trash talking afterwards was comical.

Are you saying McCroskey had back to back double assist games? I don't think so. Never came close. You must be thinking of McNamara

Huh?

I pointed out in 2 different posts that i mistakenly posted in this thready as opposed to the MCW thread.

Louie had poor form on his jumper. He leaned forward at the waist when he shot, which made it hard to get a good arc on his shot. He also brought the ball down to about his knees before rising up for a jumper. He also lacked guile around the rim, which meant his shot got packed quite a bit. And then there was the chair throwing. He did generally play hard, I thought, but he had way too many holes in his game to be a productive player on a good team.

Louie had poor form on his jumper. He leaned forward at the waist when he shot, which made it hard to get a good arc on his shot. He also brought the ball down to about his knees before rising up for a jumper. He also lacked guile around the rim, which meant his shot got packed quite a bit. And then there was the chair throwing. He did generally play hard, I thought, but he had way too many holes in his game to be a productive player on a good team.
Your thoughts on Billy Celluck

I agree with everything but the part about him playin hard, and maybe he was but he seemed to sulk and dog it a lot from my recollection.

He was also 1 of the best at drawing charges on himself.

Your thoughts on Billy Celluck
celuck.jpg

Who would win one on one between Celluck and Sean Williams? Hmmmm

No one could get a drive blocked like McCroskey.

Kid was a savant at that.
I don't know man, that'd probably be a toss up between Louie and Harris

I do remember some of those early season ham and egger games where Louie would stick his head down and get his 14 or so, which we needed to win a couple of those.

Would rather forget that whole era, we left a lot on the table then and had too many mismatched parts.

Huh?

I pointed out in 2 different posts that i mistakenly posted in this thready as opposed to the MCW thread.

Did you get the memo about the new cover sheets we are using for our TPS reports? Because we are using a new cover sheet.

I'll just go ahead and make sure you get a copy of that memo...

Was a weak class for SG back in 03 and we missed out on several targets at that position from what I remember. Louie was actually ranked towards the end of most top 100 list.

What happened with Louie is that he got on a hot streak in AAU ball toward the end of that summer, and he hit a lot of 3's. As you said, we missed out on a couple guys (Gary Forbes, I think was one of our targets ...). He never had that touch when he got to SU.

My head, once again, is spinning. Why is this random thread here?

Maybe I should start one about Mark Konecny. Or Win Walton, anyone?

Seriously, we have a fun, interesting, top-three (currently) team this year. And every time I come to this board, folks are jerking off about something that happened before our current players were in high school. I once had an editor who kept saying ... "Sufficient into each day... is the evil thereof." Where is Irv Levine (his name) when we need him?

I think people are pretty happy with where this team is at. I think in the last few years that Coach Boeheim has really used his bench much better, leading to fewer calls for a player to get playing time who is being "Boeheimed". No controversy so far this year, and very few close games (only 1, really).

Also, no really big early season wins to get all fired up about. I think this team is gelling, getting better, but people recognize that we aren't there yet, so they are reserved in their assessments. A happy board doesn't have that much to talk about with regard to this year's team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom