How you feeling today?

• Disappointed

Votes: 22 17.9%
  • I'm Okay

Votes: 99 80.5%
  • Happy it's over

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
They got farther than I think anyone could have imagined going in. They were in it last night and had a shot to win. Not many people gave them a chance last night and they almost pulled it off.

Wish they won obviously, but okay with it.

Disappointed that the run is over, but feeling so much better about this season and this team than I did two weeks ago today.

If you are an objective observer you saw us get two wins of the type that seemed to elude us all season and play a game against Duke that was damn close to a second huge upset.

You saw Brisset show signs that if he returns, he will be the alpha next season.
You saw Marek show signs that he might give Bazeley a run for his money for the starting forward position, or at least be someone that is going to demand playing time in a real forward rotation next season.
You also saw younger inexperienced guys get great experience that will serve this team well next season.
You saw our coach reestablish that he is one of the best in the game.

It would be fantastic if people could focus on what this team was and what they accomplished rather than what they didn't do.

Very satisfying four game run to end the season for a team that really didn't look capable of it.

Last edited:
Wishing next season could start now. Excited by the growth that so many of them showed, and with a talented class coming in...I can’t wait to see next year’s team.

My hope for this season was that we could keep the winning seasons streak alive, and that these young players could get better and become the veteran foundation for the next great SU b-ball era that always seems to follow a down stretch(2003-2005, 2009-2014). That we actually made the sweet 16 was a bonus beyond my wildest dreams, and that we are sitting here saying “if we just made this play we would’ve beat Duke”...the future is bright. For what will still be a young team, we’ll be fairly battle tested next March after playing 4 close games and winning 3 of them this year.

Wishing next season could start now. Excited by the growth that so many of them showed, and with a talented class coming in...I can’t wait to see next year’s team.

My hope for this season was that we could keep the winning seasons streak alive, and that these young players could get better and become the veteran foundation for the next great SU b-ball era that always seems to follow a down stretch(2003-2005, 2009-2014). That we actually made the sweet 16 was a bonus beyond my wildest dreams, and that we are sitting here saying “if we just made this play we would’ve beat Duke”...the future is bright. For what will still be a young team, we’ll be fairly battle tested next March after playing 4 close games and winning 3 of them this year.

Perfectly said

The same I felt last night. Thankful for the tournament run to end an otherwise disappointing season. Happy for the players.

It's ok to be disappointed over the result.

Thanks. The only two tournament losses that I’m still bitter about are Vermont in 05’ and OK’ in 09’. Blake Griffin’s ugly mug still haunts me to this day.

I’m disappointed but it won’t linger like those two have.

Frustrated. They could have won this game if not for mistakes; it was that close. Losing like that makes it a tougher pill to swallow. Call me a bad fan and alumnus, but I can't wear my SU gear right now.

Frustrated. They could have won this game if not for mistakes; it was that close. Losing like that makes it a tougher pill to swallow. Call me a bad fan and alumnus, but I can't wear my SU gear right now.

Too funny.

After the MSU game I'm sure their fans were saying we could have won the game if not for how badly we played. Our fans were saying our defense was fantastic, we forced those mistakes.

Turn the page to the Duke game, we lost because of all the mistakes. Not like a very talented Duke team, coached by probably one of the top two college coaches of all time, had a hand in forcing those mistakes.

I feel worse than I realistically should because we really should have pulled that game out -- but overall I'm good.

For a team that was predicted to do nothing and go no where, I am happy as can be. So many good experiences to learn from and build upon next season. Which I believe we have the makeup to win it all. Good group of experienced veterans and some quality freshmen.

I think this particular team well exceeded expectations. No one expected them to be a tournament team, nonetheless win three games in it. I’m cautiously optimistic for next season. I think the goal for next year should be final four or bust. It will have been 16 years since we won a title next March. I’m itching for another one. The Final Four runs have been nice, but it’s time to seal the deal before JB retires. I’d really like to see him get title number 2 and maybe even more.

Disappointed that the run is over, but feeling so much better about this season and this team than I did two weeks ago today.

If you are an objective observer you saw us get two wins of the type that seemed to elude us all season and play a game against Duke that was damn close to a second huge upset.

You saw Brisset show signs that if he returns, he will be the alpha next season.
You saw Marek show signs that he might give Bazeley a run for his money for the starting forward position, or at least be someone that is going to demand playing time in a real forward rotation next season.
You also saw younger inexperienced guys get great experience that will serve this team well next season.
You saw our coach reestablish that he is one of the best in the game.

It would be fantastic if people could focus on what this team was and what they accomplished rather than what they didn't do.

Very satisfying four game run to end the season for a team that really didn't look capable of it.
Beautifully put!

Too funny.

After the MSU game I'm sure their fans were saying we could have won the game if not for how badly we played. Our fans were saying our defense was fantastic, we forced those mistakes.

Turn the page to the Duke game, we lost because of all the mistakes. Not like a very talented Duke team, coached by probably one of the top two college coaches of all time, had a hand in forcing those mistakes.

I counted a number of unforced errors by SU, including the missed point blank shots and free throws. Their mistakes cost them in the end. SU was able to get what they wanted when they attacked the bastardized version of Boeheim's zone. So yes, their mistakes did cost them in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom