Howard bashing... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Howard bashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Howard makes some of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen from an SU pg, and I struggled through the Scoop Jardine years.

He’s not a leader and cannot be the point guard on a national championship caliber team next season.

Point blank. Sorry if that’s hard for some of you to come to terms with.

I said the team played great dee which franks was a part of. and the looks we gave allen, how do you know that wasn't the intent trying to avoid other things?

i guess that could be true about allen, but ive seen frank do that plenty of times this year defending 3s. 2nd half of nc state game comes immediately to mind.

Players make a lower % of their shots because they maybe are rushing just a little bit, maybe they are shooting from a foot further back, maybe they are not shooting from their favorite angle. These are nuances. This is why the Zone works. That is why FOUR straight opponents shot poorly against us in the tournament. Frank contributes as much to those nuances as does anybody else on this team.

its amazing how many people ignore that after they have heard jb say it over and over. during the week people will listen to jb interviews and marvel at what his zone is. game is on and people complain about that plan.

Frank Howard makes some of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen from an SU pg, and I struggled through the Scoop Jardine years.

He’s not a leader and cannot be the point guard on a national championship caliber team next season.

this.

Sorry if you're wrong. can you refute anything in the OP? other than the 3 turnovers on lobs, what other bad decisions bothered you? you expect perfection? as to a leader, you should ask the players. he's the guy out there always directing traffic even without the ball.

then you should also be real pissed at every player since they all pissed away many opportunities.

Yeah, because every player tonight threw up absurd 30 foot lobs that were 4-5 feet off target.

Yup. Everyone else did that.

He didn’t play for 25% of the Michigan state game and this game he left Allen wide open at the top of the zone like 7 times. They just didn’t nail the threes. I get you aren’t supposed to talk poorly. I just hope they have another option next year

It was six minutes which makes it 15%. I feel that’s important since we seem to be incredulous at 3 turnovers tonight. Two more mistakes like that and you’ll be banned for life, sir!

Those were inexcusable. In a game like this, where every point matters. Heck, every possession matters. Inexcusable.
Chuk made 4 Fgs. One off a beautiful bounce pass from Frank and a couple off of lobs from Frank. So, even if all three of his TOs were on bad lob passes, what is wrong with a 50% percentage to get our center, who has no hands, involved in the O ? And, if all three of his TOs were off of bad lobs, that means he played a perfect game TO wise in every other aspect.

Sorry if you're wrong. can you refute anything in the OP? other than the 3 turnovers on lobs, what other bad decisions bothered you? you expect perfection? as to a leader, you should ask the players. he's the guy out there always directing traffic even without the ball.

He played awful defense, failed to go after lose balls and close out on shooters numerous times, and had those three stupid lobs.

Oh, and he got called for an 8 second violation, which he’s done multiple times since the Clemson game.

Yeah, because every player tonight threw up absurd 30 foot lobs that were 4-5 feet off target.

Yup. Everyone else did that.

yep, he had those 3 bad turnovers on lobs. but we had 13 other turnovers, many of them silly. we had missed dunks. every player had bad mistakes that you ignore.

He played awful defense, failed to go after lose balls and close out on shooters numerous times, and had those three stupid lobs.

Oh, and he got called for an 8 second violation, which he’s done multiple times since the Clemson game.

again, how do you know we weren't going to close out on allen? especially the second half.

yep, he had those 3 bad turnovers on lobs. but we had 13 other turnovers, many of them silly. we had missed dunks. every player had bad mistakes that you ignore.

We know you’re firmly in Howard’s corner but he’s not a leader, nor can he be the PG next year and take this team to a deep tournament run.

He’s not an elite lead guard. He’s a round peg in a small hole who, as others have said, would be much better served playing off the ball when he doesn’t have primary ball-handling responsibilities.

again, how do you know we weren't going to close out on allen? especially the second half.

There were multiple possessions where he gave up on a shooter or didn’t put his hands up to contest the shot on a close out.

If you choose to ignore his mistakes then there’s not much we can discuss moving forward.

We know you’re firmly in Howard’s corner but he’s not a leader, nor can he be the PG next year and take this team to a deep tournament run.

He’s not an elite lead guard. He’s a round peg in a small hole who, as others have said, would be much better served playing off the ball when he doesn’t have primary ball-handling responsibilities.

He took this team to a pretty deep tournament run already.

All true. And I don't blame him. He should be a 25 minute (at most) 2G. He's exceeded expectations but he's playing outside his DNA.

He took this team to a pretty deep tournament run already.

Sorry, I don’t consider the Sweet 16 to be a “deep tournament run.” And we have Oshae Brisett to primarily thank for that.

If Howard didn’t foul out of that MSU game, we lose. Bayer’s defense was an upgrade.

There were multiple possessions where he gave up on a shooter or didn’t put his hands up to contest the shot on a close out.

If you choose to ignore his mistakes then there’s not much we can discuss moving forward.

jb disagrees

All true. And I don't blame him. He should be a 25 minute (at most) 2G. He's exceeded expectations but he's playing outside his DNA.
jb disagrees

JB also put Howard in this situation to begin with due to failing to secure a true PG.

They both deserve each other.

Whole 2H he stood and passed. Your PG has to try to break down the defense...oh he can’t. The one time he tried in the 2H somebody fouled him around the FT line. Cool. Can’t just stand around as the PG for god’s sake.

do you know what we tried to do offensively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom