Hughes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hughes

Actually, he did. Some posters just kept insisting that he didn't.

He's clearly got a better one this year. He got too reliant on the jumper last season.

He's clearly got a better one this year. He got too reliant on the jumper last season.

"Doesn't" does not equal "can't." He deferred to Battle and others last year, in much the same way that he is unselfish despite being the ACC scorer this year. Rare combo.

But feel free to go look up all of the threads from last season ripping him for not having a handle. Posters who watched him in practice disagreed.

He's got a better one because he's no longer in a supporting role, and the ball is in his hands.

He mixes the old school with new school. The turnaround jumper in the mid post is reminiscent to someone who won a title here.

"Doesn't" does not equal "can't." He deferred to Battle and others last year, in much the same way that he is unselfish despite being the ACC scorer this year. Rare combo.

But feel free to go look up all of the threads from last season ripping him for not having a handle. Posters who watched him in practice disagreed.

He's got a better one because he's no longer in a supporting role, and the ball is in his hands.

There's nothing wrong with crediting a player for working hard to improve. He didn't spend the summer playing candy crush.

There's nothing wrong with crediting a player for working hard to improve. He didn't spend the summer playing candy crush.

And he didn't go from having no handle to suddenly having a terrific one. He had a better handle, ability to put the ball on the floor, and create for others than he was given credit for last year -- because he deferred to other more experienced players. He demonstrated these capabilities consistently in practice the year he sat out, matched up against Tyus Battle.

And he didn't go from having no handle to suddenly having a terrific one. He had a better handle, ability to put the ball on the floor, and create for others than he was given credit for last year -- because he deferred to other more experienced players. He demonstrated these capabilities consistently in practice the year he sat out, matched up against Tyus Battle.

I didn't say that he had "no handle" last year. I said he's got a better one and isn't as reliant on the three pointer as he was last year.

He’s transformed his body over the last year+, as well. That’s been beneficial in improving his driving ability and consistency with his J

I didn't say that he had "no handle" last year. I said he's got a better one and isn't as reliant on the three pointer as he was last year.

Others did say that. Glad that Elijah's capabilities are on full display. He is having a terrific year.

Eli is such a steady, hardworking player. Glad to have him.

Last night he got screwed on two bad calls down the stretch.

His three attempt with the shot clock expiring wasn’t close, but that’s a function of getting smacked on the forearm by the ND player (no call).

The OB call by Eades on the sideline was worse though.

I haven't seen a better player in the league - if we finish in the mid pack does he make first team? If we aren't in Top 5 they will leave him off.

Eli is such a steady, hardworking player. Glad to have him.

Last night he got screwed on two bad calls down the stretch.

His three attempt with the shot clock expiring wasn’t close, but that’s a function of getting smacked on the forearm by the ND player (no call).

The OB call by Eades on the sideline was worse though.
Eades had a rough night. Both teams were hurt by it. Why did he own up with the inadvertent whistle - call a travel and move on.

Curious to see where Eli ranks, with this board, as an all time SU great by the end of his career here

And it rarely feels like he’s forcing too much. Maybe a heat check once in awhile, but he usually makes them.
Not to mention the kid’s hilarious and has obvious swag to him. From what I can tell he’s like a big bro wise guy between the basketball and football teams

Eades had a rough night. Both teams were hurt by it. Why did he own up with the inadvertent whistle - call a travel and move on.
Eades is just plain incompetent. TV Teddy and Stephens want the attention, Eades just has no clue what he’s doing out there.

The most NBA ready guy we’ve had in the better part of a decade is getting the least buzz we’ve seen haha

Eli better than Tyus? I would say yes, but we did ask Tyus to basically carry us, certainly a better pro prospect based off shooting for sure.

Because on the previous possession, they called a bogus walk on Dolezaj. He wasn't going to bone us two plays in a row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom