Hunt done for season, Broyld and Estime out for Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Hunt done for season, Broyld and Estime out for Pitt

So I guess the bye week didn't really help all that much.

Could see this coming.

I also don't think we see Broyld or Estime again this year.
I wonder if we should have just medical redshirted Salt Badger.

Without knowing the medical details, if his recovery is borderline, what would be the point of risking a potentially career-ending injury in games that don't have a lot riding on them? I think you have to factor-in Hunt's tendency to tuck it and run, when he absorbs a lot of hits.

JoeSU said:
Without knowing the medical details, if his recovery is borderline, what would be the point of risking a potentially career-ending injury in games that don't have a lot riding on them? I think you have to factor-in Hunt's tendency to tuck it and run, when he absorbs a lot of hits.

I think if you take away Hunts runs - then AJ is the better choice. So unless Hunt is fully able, you have to sit him.

Could see this coming.

Agreed, theres no point in playing them any further this year especially with one meaningless game left. If there not fully ready to go by Saturday (there not) just shut them down and be done with it. Probably should have gone after a redshirt for Estime when he first got hurt, bringing him back for Clemson was a big mistake.

What HCSS why did Estime play against Clemson. I mean he was barely used and now we wasted a year of eligibility for a game we knew was an L before the year.

I really hope SUFB and Estime appeal for that medical redshirt anyway just to see if the NCAA actually cares about its student athletes.

he wasnt barely used. he played almost every snap until he got hurt. his career is one punt return and a dozen dropped passes. he needs to work on his hands and his route running.

he wasnt barely used. he played almost every snap until he got hurt. his career is one punt return and a dozen dropped passes. he needs to work on his hands and his route running.
He was barely used in the Clemson game. Estime was not the featured WR in our Clemson gameplan. If the kid wasn't 100% healthy and having the option of the redshirt available the coaching staff should have sat him.

Could see this coming.

I would hope not. If they've been out this long, they're going to miraculously be ready for BC in a meaningless game?

Do either of them need surgery? Even Marrone couldn't keep injuries this private. No clue what even happened to Broyld. Of course, it could be a math injury for all I know.

Estime's left ankle was 100% healthy.

He injured his right foot against Clemson. Totally new injury.

Whether you like him or not, his career has been more than one punt and a dozen dropped passes. I'm not sure what you have been watching, he has made some big catches. In Lester's interview this week he said and I quote, "Our two BEST wide receivers are still out this week." Estime and Broyld are our best receivers and make the most plays when needed. One could argue West and Ishmael have made some big catches as well, but if Estime and Broyld were healthy they would be in there ahead of those guys.

That is a bunch of BS. If you want to rag on Broyld for drops be my guest, but Brisly is not a drop machine.

Brisly only seems to drop the lateral passes for some reason. He is solid on almost every other throw though.

What HCSS why did Estime play against Clemson. I mean he was barely used and now we wasted a year of eligibility for a game we knew was an L before the year.

I really hope SUFB and Estime appeal for that medical redshirt anyway just to see if the NCAA actually cares about its student athletes.

I get what you are saying, but I dont think anyone thought it may be an L until a few minutes in the 4th Q.

I have not seen anything in 3 seasons that suggests that Broyld is one of our best WRs. He's not even in my top 5.

Not top 5? He was the only receiver who could get open at Clemson this year. I can understand not thinking he is our best or even second best, but not top 5? :noidea:

Estime's left ankle was 100% healthy.

He injured his right foot against Clemson. Totally new injury.

How the hell didn't Shafer know that was going to happen.

What an idiot.

Whether you like him or not, his career has been more than one punt and a dozen dropped passes. I'm not sure what you have been watching, he has made some big catches. In Lester's interview this week he said and I quote, "Our two BEST wide receivers are still out this week." Estime and Broyld are our best receivers and make the most plays when needed. One could argue West and Ishmael have made some big catches as well, but if Estime and Broyld were healthy they would be in there ahead of those guys.

They might be the two best athletes at the position, but I think West and Ishmael are clearly the best at actually playing the position.

Two different things.

They might be the two best athletes at the position, but I think West and Ishmael are clearly the best at actually playing the position.

Two different things.

Like I said, you can argue for West and Ishmael, but just stating what Lester said. People act like they have never caught a pass in their career here.

Not top 5? He was the only receiver who could get open at Clemson this year. I can understand not thinking he is our best or even second best, but not top 5? :noidea:
I put him behind West, Ishmael, Lewis, and Estime, so okay, he's my #5. Reliability plays into my rankings as well and frankly, he is dinged up so much that it's hard to really rely on him. How can you be highly ranked if you can't be on the field?:noidea:

Regardless, even if he is one of our top WRs, that's like making the podium in race-walking: you're the fastest among those people who can't run.

How the hell didn't Shafer know that was going to happen.

What an idiot.

He obviously has weak feet.

Seriously, does he have weak feet?

We should've won the Clemson game and had EVERY chance to do so. If he was healthy, he should've played as he is one of our only playmakers. He suffered a new injury during that game.