Hunter Dickinson | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

Crazy concept patience. People need to remember some of what you are seeing are from either team fanboys or leaks from fanboys. Lots of time for things to play out whether it's for Dickinson or others.

If he wasn’t interested why even zoom with us? I see a visit in our future

Crazy concept patience. People need to remember some of what you are seeing are from either team fanboys or leaks from fanboys. Lots of time for things to play out whether it's for Dickinson or others.
It’s April 17th. Our fans don’t have a lot of patience right now thanks to Weitsman and Edwards PR wars.

Was just told don't jump to that conclusion. Nothing has happened yet. I agree that we are not in it unless we geta visit. But let's let this play out a little more.
No thread on syracusefan is complete without this
th.jpg

I would imagine Dickinson is worth at least $800K. Since SU's NIL benefactors saved $400K by letting the one whose name shall not be mentioned to transfer to a state school in West Virginia, the Syracuse's NIL has to only come up with another $400K. Not a bad value proposition.

But how much did Chance cost…

But how much did Chance cost…
I was thinking this as well but I can’t imagine it was a huge number. I could definitely be wrong though.

I would imagine Dickinson is worth at least $800K. Since SU's NIL benefactors saved $400K by letting the one whose name shall not be mentioned to transfer to a state school in West Virginia, the Syracuse's NIL has to only come up with another $400K. Not a bad value proposition.

They may not even need to “come up” with another $400k, they just didn’t want to give that much more to Jesse. As has been alluded to. My point, it’s possible we can get within range of the $800k if needed.

If I’m HD, I want a lot more than $800k though. If Jessie is getting $800k, what’s HD worth? At least 30% more IMO.

They may not even need to “come up” with another $400k, they just didn’t want to give that much more to Jesse. As has been alluded to. My point, it’s possible we can get within range of the $800k if needed.

If I’m HD, I want a lot more than $800k though. If Jessie is getting $800k, what’s HD worth? At least 30% more IMO.
Worth as much as someone will pay. Who says WV didn't have a grasp of the market and overshot everyone by a ton. Jesse could have very well hit the portal and ended up at WVU for $600. Everything is so new, market value is hard to determine.

Worth as much as someone will pay. Who says WV didn't have a grasp of the market and overshot everyone by a ton. Jesse could have very well hit the portal and ended up at WVU for $600. Everything is so new, market value is hard to determine.

Doesn’t matter if WV overshot. There’s at least 3-4 schools who want HD and also willing to overshoot. Market value is only hard to determine when nothing has happened yet. There’s been enough deals at this point for values to be set for the most sought after players. HD is easily one of those players.

That's the problem with WV overpaying for Jesse. They screwed everything up.

I don’t disagree at all. But hard to imagine HD isn’t going to want more
SU can give him a number, but he still has the ability to create more NIL opportunities once he gets here. He can take that number to whatever he wants.

He looks good but a little small.
Hes raw but from what I saw he is aggressive and physical. Jesse has skills but he is more of a finesse player, and I personally think we need kids with an attitude in the middle. Hima has an edge and I like that. Add another banger inside and we have enough athletes that we should be ok. I wish Jesse had stayed but I'm hopeful that we can fill his spot by committee.

Doesn’t matter if WV overshot. There’s at least 3-4 schools who want HD and also willing to overshoot. Market value is only hard to determine when nothing has happened yet. There’s been enough deals at this point for values to be set for the most sought after players. HD is easily one of those players.

Yeah maybe. Gtown I'm sure has had to pony up a ton with some of the guys they have gotten already. Don't know in terms of MD. Have to figure Kansas has the bigger bankroll in all this in terms of collective$$.

From the sounds of the others and impacts to their own portal strategies... might be there is an opening here... potentially.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom