Hunter Dickinson | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

Jesse didn’t score outside 5 feet either.
Sure but at least Jesse had an offensive game, we could clear out and feed Jesse and let him work. Cisse doesn’t have that ability, so outside of a PnR/put backs, his offensive ability is very minimal and he’d just be in the lanes.

Sure but at least Jesse had an offensive game, we could clear out and feed Jesse and let him work. Cisse doesn’t have that ability, so outside of a PnR/put backs, his offensive ability is very minimal and he’d just be in the lanes.
He still didn’t force bigs to leave the paint and Judah still got to the rim. As athletic as Cisse is, he can pick and roll.

He still didn’t force bigs to leave the paint and Judah still got to the rim. As athletic as Cisse is, he can pick and roll.
Cisse looks like all those SEC centers (Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn...) that are athletic rim protectors and rim finishers.

It’s not impossible to get to the rim when you have a big who can’t shoot, it just makes it more difficult. It’d make life alot easier for Judah and for our offense. Not saying I’d be upset if we landed Cisse, just that for how our offense could potentially be constructed I’d much rather have a 5 that can shoot.

So if Dickinson leaves Kentucky without committing we are crossing our fingers that we get that mystery visit, correct?

So if Dickinson leaves Kentucky without committing we are crossing our fingers that we get that mystery visit, correct?
Is that certain? I got the feeling, we quoted our offer on the zoom call; and, probably got a chuckle out of him.

I genuinely hate this. I don't care if a student makes money off their stuff, but it shouldn't be a pre-condition for signing. NIL is just way for schools to legitimize corruption.
It's insane for a 20-year-old to receive a million dollars to dribble a basketball, while the rest of us pay $80,000 a year to pay for it.
Yeah, because no 20 year old musicians, actors or authors ever make that kind of money and have other people pay for it. (Not sure why you are paying $80k for tickets and cable, but that’s a different issue.)

Last edited:
I hate to be Johnny Rain Cloud here, but we’re probably not getting either.

a3572660849_2.jpg

I recall Booth was the guy who ponied up like $4M for James Naismith’s original rules of basketball that they made a 30 for 30 about. And as you said they’re finally investing in football too.

I recall Booth was the guy who ponied up like $4M for James Naismith’s original rules of basketball that they made a 30 for 30 about. And as you said they’re finally investing in football too.
Yes, big money over there, they’re pouring money into the football program

I genuinely hate this. I don't care if a student makes money off their stuff, but it shouldn't be a pre-condition for signing. NIL is just way for schools to legitimize corruption.
It's insane for a 20-year-old to receive a million dollars to dribble a basketball, while the rest of us pay $80,000 a year to pay for it.
To whom are you paying $80k/year?

Whether you’ve got two kids in college, or you’re rescuing a couple of Nigerian Princes, what’s that got to do with a billionaire paying ‘too much money’ to a college kid?

But his point is accurate, Cisse isn’t a threat outside of 5 feet, if the defense doesn’t need to step out on him it’ll just allow them to clog the lane for Judah, JJ, Chance. HD would require they’re big to step out because he’s a threat, which would clear the lane and that is an absolute game changer, it would make our offense so hard to defend.
Kevon Looney is the starting big for the GS Warriors, defending NBA Champs, and he has no long game.

Kevon Looney is the starting big for the GS Warriors, defending NBA Champs, and he has no long game.
Indeed, but that’s a team built for shooting the basketball led by the greatest shooter to walk the earth. They shot 50 3s last game.

Indeed, but that’s a team built for shooting the basketball led by the greatest shooter to walk the earth. They shot 50 3s last game.
Well, you and NYCC have moved the bar a bit; but yeah, that leads to the $64K question - how good will BW, CB, and JT, but especially Chance and JJ be from the 3?!

Well, you and NYCC have moved the bar a bit; but yeah, that leads to the $64K question - how good will BW, CB, and JT, but especially Chance and JJ be from the 3?!
Judah and Chance are both slash first players who want to get into the lane. JT, BW, CB are all players that need shots created for them by a drive and kick, they’re not going to set things up for themselves. It’s just a different situation. We are not the college version of the Golden State Warriors I promise lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom