Hunter Dickinson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

If Tshiebwe really made 2.75M last year then Jesse must be thinking he should be valued at least half of that amount. Problem is there is no way SU can or would provide Jesse with 1.375M in NIL deals. The program should create a position where the job's main purpose is to scout players, mainly from mid-majors in anticipation of our valued players going elsewhere. Rebuilding every year is going to be crucial and will be a full time job that the head coach and assistants can't dedicate enough time to.

If Tshiebwe really made 2.75M last year then Jesse must be thinking he should be valued at least half of that amount. Problem is there is no way SU can or would provide Jesse with 1.375M in NIL deals. The program should create a position where the job's main purpose is to scout players, mainly from mid-majors in anticipation of our valued players going elsewhere. Rebuilding every year is going to be crucial and will be a full time job that the head coach and assistants can't dedicate enough time to.
It’s not a problem you’re making it out to be. Do you really think we would be hosting too 40 HS players if we thought we had no chance?

If that's the business model, then the program is content with mediocrity and will never win a NC or be a Top 3 seed again. Syracuse needs to be competitive for top players, which means being competitive with top programs on the NIL. Syracuse also cannot make a habit of losing its top players to the portal. That's a death knell on the program. There's some great pickups from the mid-majors, and it's good for role players, but if Syracuse doesn't even try for NBA-caliber players, what are we even doing here?

I don't mean to read into this, but what the hell, I will read into this...

We zoom zoom and Kansas gets a visit. Uh, not at all apples to apples. Now, maybe a visit is coming our way, but why Kansas have a visit while we only get a zoom call that the kid could be doing from his bed? A visit is obviously MUCH more of a serious discussion and opportunity. Anyone can jump on a call, hell, I'm jumping on a call with my IT guy in 10 minutes. I don't even like him.

If Kansas wants Hunter they will outbid all schools involved. Hunter to Kansas and by default Edwards to West Virginia. Perhaps we should go after a mediocre center who is still better than what we have and not valued highly in the portal market (ie: the non-descript centers from lowly programs that outperform against us each year).

They didn't keep Zion.

I don't mean to read into this, but what the hell, I will read into this...

We zoom zoom and Kansas gets a visit. Uh, not at all apples to apples. Now, maybe a visit is coming our way, but why Kansas have a visit while we only get a zoom call that the kid could be doing from his bed? A visit is obviously MUCH more of a serious discussion and opportunity. Anyone can jump on a call, hell, I'm jumping on a call with my IT guy in 10 minutes. I don't even like him.
I have to assume Kansas had a zoom prior to their visit. I also think it’s safe to assume that if Hunter had NO interest, he wouldn’t have even taken a call. You don’t take every “interview” that comes your way.

If that's the business model, then the program is content with mediocrity and will never win a NC or be a Top 3 seed again. Syracuse needs to be competitive for top players, which means being competitive with top programs on the NIL. Syracuse also cannot make a habit of losing its top players to the portal. That's a death knell on the program. There's some great pickups from the mid-majors, and it's good for role players, but if Syracuse doesn't even try for NBA-caliber players, what are we even doing here?
Yeah paying Oscar really helped KY this year. I think some of you are more bout the look of things that the actual success. Some of you want to pay alot to look big time even overpaying for players rather than building a good team with centerpieces and role players.. Thats a bad business model! Just like being ranked in top 25 means nothing but it looks cool to some.

Cuse was not gonna over value Jesse, plain and simple. Smart move!

Yeah paying Oscar really helped KY this year. I think some of you are more bout the look of things that the actual success. Some of you want to pay alot to look big time even overpaying for players rather than building a good team with centerpieces and role players.. Thats a bad business model! Just like being ranked in top 25 means nothing but it looks cool to some.

Cuse was not gonna over value Jesse, plain and simple. Smart move!
Exactly! I'm hoping we pay tens of millions per year and lose every game! I don't want to see a solid NIL program because it has a clear correlation to success and I think the best teams in the future will all have significant war chests, and I have no interest in watching a winning team!

Straughn is big factor here
Hopefully it is a "enjoy your trips but you know where you're going already" sort of thing.

Would be nice to be on the positive end of one of those. Especially at a position of need.

I have to assume Kansas had a zoom prior to their visit. I also think it’s safe to assume that if Hunter had NO interest, he wouldn’t have even taken a call. You don’t take every “interview” that comes your way.
Yep, you're right. I searched a bit and found this from kansascity.com

"he had Zoom calls with coaches from Kansas and Kentucky on Monday — will have upcoming in-home visits with coaches from Baylor, North Carolina, Xavier and Texas A&M according to On3.com and 247sports.com."

He's also having unofficial visits with maryland and gtown (as I think has already been reported in this thread). Hard to keep all these threads straight.

So, hopefully we hear about a visit very soon. This kid is going to be very busy coming up.

Yep, you're right. I searched a bit and found this from kansascity.com

"he had Zoom calls with coaches from Kansas and Kentucky on Monday — will have upcoming in-home visits with coaches from Baylor, North Carolina, Xavier and Texas A&M according to On3.com and 247sports.com."

He's also having unofficial visits with maryland and gtown (as I think has already been reported in this thread). Hard to keep all these threads straight.

So, hopefully we hear about a visit very soon. This kid is going to be very busy coming up.
If he goes to Georgetown I’m 100% done with college sports. Not because of the rivalry but there is zero excuse losing anyone to Georgetown.

If he goes to Georgetown I’m 100% done with college sports. Not because of the rivalry but there is zero excuse losing anyone to Georgetown.
C'mon man, hate to see you give up college sports. The Georgetown area is about as nice an area as there is on the Atlantic Seaboard, academically we can't touch them with a howitzer, and their new coach is a proven commodity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom