Hurley to UK | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hurley to UK

I don't know. If the numbers are real, that would be twice what UConn could pay him. He didn't go to the school. Hasn't been there that long. Can't do anything more there.
For sure, be interesting how high Uconn will match up to? Cant see more than 7-8 per year

Stay at UConn and be the Boeheim of Storrs (+2 or more Nattys).

Kentucky is no brass ring. You'd be miserable w/all the vulturous Wildcat fans screeching from the rafters of Rump Arena, "Where's my natty? Where's my natty?"

UConn has many wealthy donors. They are constantly adding new athletic facilities. UConn basketball is the state's major sports interest.
Yeah. And then there is Kentucky. A totally different level. The truest tv ad of all time was the Basketball times commerical where Joe B Hall said, at Kentucky, basketball is serious business. He won't stay at UConn because they could match the money Kentucky will offer. It will be because he likes it there.

1- Money talks. I really don’t think Hurley is going anywhere but the NBA. But if the reports are true, and initial offer is 11 million a year. Anything could happen.

2- I think Hurley is an absolutely fantastic head coach. Not sure his personality would fit the NBA though. Would the grown men listen to him? It works for Harbaugh, but it usually eventually runs its course.

3- Ultimately, I believe he is best suited for the college game. And I think he is a Big East, northeast guy, through and through. He feels like a lifer at UConn.

Stay at UConn and be the Boeheim of Storrs (+2 or more Nattys).

Kentucky is no brass ring. You'd be miserable w/all the vulturous Wildcat fans screeching from the rafters of Rump Arena, "Where's my natty? Where's my natty?"
I think that's part of the lure. Hurley certainly believes that he could win more championships and if he did at Kentucky (a program that has underperformed for many years), he would be treated as GOD. Think about Dan Hurley for a moment, you don't think that might be enticing?

1- Money talks. I really don’t think Hurley is going anywhere but the NBA. But if the reports are true, and initial offer is 11 million a year. Anything could happen.

2- I think Hurley is an absolutely fantastic head coach. Not sure his personality would fit the NBA though. Would the grown men listen to him? It works for Harbaugh, but it usually eventually runs its course.

3- Ultimately, I believe he is best suited for the college game. And I think he is a Big East, northeast guy, through and through. He feels like a lifer at UConn.
Pitino and Calipari were northeast guys.

Keep Hurley away from UK. I don’t want to have to see him a lot, don’t want to have to hear all the media coverage, and don't want UK becoming a FF team every year. Don’t come to the snake pit!

Pitino and Calipari were northeast guys.
Pitino was in NBA.

Cal was UMASS and Memphis.

Much different scenarios than UCONN and back to back championships.

I think that's part of the lure. Hurley certainly believes that he could win more championships and if he did at Kentucky (a program that has underperformed for many years), he would be treated as GOD. Think about Dan Hurley for a moment, you don't think that might be enticing?
Cal entered UK under similar circumstances; underperforming team, won a Natty, was king for awhile, then slowly wore out his welcome with BBN.

I said before, IMHO, the allure of a 3peat and actually achieving it would make any coach God-like regardless of the school it’s accomplished at. I can’t see Hurley walking away from that chance. He made a bunch of comments in post game interviews about resources at UConn, UConn running college basketball, etc which made me think he knows he has a real good thing going.

Will be interesting. I think he stays especially if UConn gives him a decent raise.

Last edited:

4. He's a doosh.

6CZVoP.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom