I am hearing out next coach is ... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

I am hearing out next coach is ...

jekelish said:
I'm hearing two names right now. I am not excited. At all. I'm going to go have a beer or 12.

Don't give up hope yet.

If it is this Ash character, think I may be on a 5 year hiatus from orange football. Not going to suffer thru another era of 90s era version of NFC East football.

Wants to coach here, great recruiter, and a big name… sounds okay by me
That's all very important but what are his plans for the offense?

BTW, no matter who Coyle hires...I'll support him. It's just not a sexy hire.

Well, if it plays out with one of these two guys, we're not getting that offensive mind everyone seems to want. Sticking with defense.
Makes sense. It's the Northeast. Enjoy your brews.

Would a first time poster be laughed off this forum if he said he likes Ed Orgeron ?
No way. Everyone here was given a pass on their first post. After that, you're fair game. Welcome aboard.

Big Name?
Interim or not, he coached at USC, and did a pretty good job in the bad situation he was in. By big name, I mean more casual fans would have heard of him than any of the coordinators we're looking at, and it could give us a little bit of the relevance we are lacking right now. I have no problem with Frost, but if he's wishy-washy about coming here, then is he really the guy we want?

51IsTEqihxL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

depending on what he would be doing with offense i dont hate his resume

Well, if it plays out with one of these two guys, we're not getting that offensive mind everyone seems to want. Sticking with defense.
Would a first time poster be laughed off this forum if he said he likes Ed Orgeron ?

No, we are too busy destroying Coyle for potentially hiring his crony from Drake. Ed O sounds like a better option.

Which makes alot of sense from Floyd Littles comments about the hiring process. What a joke. Same old same old. Should of kept Shafer then and given him another year. If this is how it goes im done

You see, what coyle is going to do is...reinvent northeast football 1 yard at a time.

These things don't happen overnight. The foreword pass is already an outdated way to move the football, you score too quick using it and that's not good. We won't even use what gatech is doing, they move the ball too fast as well. None of this option shlit, just straight up I Formation with fullback dives, leads and tailback sweeps.

He's not going to lock the Dome, but the other team (and fans) will be able to leave any time they want from shear boredom as we bleed the clock down and play suffocating defense.

All is well. It will be just like when we had Larry, Floyd and TC...a 3 Hall of Fame backfield!!! We' re going Back...to the Future!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom