I hate Georgetown because... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hate Georgetown because...

Inane thread
Great thread!!! Can we please all be safe at bowling alleys? (If AI didn't have a sick cross-over, he'd be locked up)

Because John Thompson (AKA "Baby Huey") is big, fat, self-important, phony goof.
(As well as being the WORST cliche-ridden, nonsense spewing radio color guy ever).

Because coaches shouldn't be wearing towels.

Because the current coach, "Mr. Potatohead," is his son.

Because "Mr. Potatohead" has a ridiculous mustache.

And because basketballs are ORANGE!

GO ORANGE!

See, I don't really hate Georgetown. Not in the Meriam-Webster sense. Don't get me wrong, I celebrate with the rest of you when G-town loses. But, I definitely look forward to playing them - and if I really hated, again in the M-W sense, then I would not want to play them or have anything to do with them. Having them lose at our hands - yes.

Just MHO.

See, I don't really hate Georgetown. Not in the Meriam-Webster sense. Don't get me wrong, I celebrate with the rest of you when G-town loses. But, I definitely look forward to playing them - and if I really hated, again in the M-W sense, then I would not want to play them or have anything to do with them. Having them lose at our hands - yes.

Just MHO.
Not me... I hope they fester and die in the feces we will leave behind (the future BE... or Big Continental Conference). I hope their schools endowment gets entrusted to a man similar to Bernie Madoff. I hope they squander and wither away in shame. They are a cancerous tumor that grows in the kidney of America.

Just read a lovely piece on the casual hoya... what a delusional bunch of dbaggery. Keep reliving the early 80's before anyone currently enrolled in that shart of an institution was even born. You hang your hat on that... we'll be busy stealing all your dream recruits and vying for national championships.

because their mascot makes less sense than ours.

Because they can't compete with SU fans even in their own arena and deal with it by excluding motivated customers instead of inspiring Georgetown fans to show up for games.

You need a reason to hate the Hoyas????

because I had to join their f****** fan club to buy seats there last year. oh yeah, and because about 1500 SU fans owned Clyde's after the game.

because I had to join their f****** fan club to buy seats there last year. oh yeah, and because about 1500 SU fans owned Clyde's after the game.

you are wrong.

we owned it before and after the game.

A degree from their institution is generally deemed more prestigious. :(

Michael Graham had no business EVER being on a college basketball court and the coach should not make himself the center of attention at every game (although having to exit the building to the sound of 30,000 boos and dodging spalshes of DomeFoam is entertainment at its finest)

I hate Georgetown because their daughters kick my dog.

I hate Georgetown because their daughters kick my dog.
now i know you're lieing... procreation is only possible through intercourse with an animate object that has ovaries.

March 5th is my Mom's birthday and every year on her birthday when I was growing up we would go to the Cuse v. Georgetown game and if the Hoyas won it ruined my Mom's birthday... So, I hate the Hoyas

now i know you're lieing... procreation is only possible through intercourse with an animate object that has ovaries.
They kicked your avatar too. Sick em.

Because they are lower than the lowest pond scum floating on the top of that open sewage canal in Lagos Nigeria.

If you weren't an SU fan in the 80s or 90s and are under 30, do you HAVE to hate GT?

Before I even knew what Syracuse Basketball was, I knew who Georgetown was because of Allen Iverson, I'm not going to lie, I had a Georgetown Nike Cap when I was about 10 or 11.

Personally, I hate Pitt and UConn much much more than GT. I think this is partially because since I've been an SU fan (starting when I got to The Hill in 03'-04'), we've OWNED GT. There haven't been that many memorable rivalry moments.

These things go through cycles. As a Mets fan in the late 90's, I HATED the Braves. Now, it's such a one-sided rivalry I don't really care about them as much.

Because of the lasting memory of thugs past.

1) you cant tell anyone what time it is without being remineded that they suck.
2)All the cool posters hate them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom