I hate Georgetown because... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I hate Georgetown because...

Georgetown just seems so harmless! I am too young to really remember the glory years for them. They are kind of like Madonna. I know they were relevant once because people tell me they were...but I don't remember it.

Georgetown just seems so harmless! I am too young to really remember the glory years for them. They are kind of like Madonna. I know they were relevant once because people tell me they were...but I don't remember it.
Madonna was relevant?

They are the dirtiest bunch of thugs I have ever seen take the court...

That's all that really needs to be said. Whether it was Ewing, Graham, Page, Brown, etc., they were all thugs. The problem was, JT didn't do a thing, nor did Gtown U, the NCAA, the refs, nobody. We all remember moments against SU, but there were many others too. How about Ewing grabbing Jon Koncak of SMU around the throat with both hands and choking him? He did the same thing to another player too whose name escapes me. How about the GTown player (Brown or Page?) that used 2 hands to the back of a SHU player to intentionally push him head first into the basketball pole?

I grew up a huge Knicks fan watching real men play basketball. Players like Reed, Debusschere, Frazier, etc. When the Knicks drafted Ewing, it became so hard to root for them. Not because he played for a big rival, but because he was a POS and his actions on the court proved it.

I hope Freddie Brown still has nightmares of pissing away an NCAA championship.

That's all that really needs to be said. Whether it was Ewing, Graham, Page, Brown, etc., they were all thugs. The problem was, JT didn't do a thing, nor did Gtown U, the NCAA, the refs, nobody. We all remember moments against SU, but there were many others too. How about Ewing grabbing Jon Koncak of SMU around the throat with both hands and choking him? He did the same thing to another player too whose name escapes me. How about the GTown player (Brown or Page?) that used 2 hands to the back of a SHU player to intentionally push him head first into the basketball pole?

I grew up a huge Knicks fan watching real men play basketball. Players like Reed, Debusschere, Frazier, etc. When the Knicks drafted Ewing, it became so hard to root for them. Not because he played for a big rival, but because he was a POS and his actions on the court proved it.

I hope Freddie Brown still has nightmares of pissing away an NCAA championship.
Nail on the head! They got away with EVERYTHING, because JT intimidated EVERYONE - the refs, the NCAA. They reached and grabbed and took cheap shots and got away with it. Pearl sinking to their level and giving Ewing a jab in the jewels wasn't classy, but the payback was priceless! Remember JT taking them off the court everytime something happened, like he was protecting his innocent children? Screw 'em!

I hate Georgetown because...

What the Hell's a Hoya?

Or as the chant goes:

What the Hell's a Hoya - Hey!
What the Hell's a Hoya?

What the Hell's a Hoya?

What the Hell's a Hoya?

Can I just say how happy this makes me? Seriously. This is just awesome.

What better revenge could there be than . . . pity?

Because a vast majority of their players and coaches can't read this thread but somehow made it past admissions at an otherwise selective university.

Above the Rim, Kyle Watson ends up at G'town despite wearing an SU hat in the movie. Although he did accept improper benefits so it's fitting.

Their bush league ticket sales tactics.

Because they're another basketball only school that has been riding our coattails to a bigger payday than they deserve while costing us millions as a result.

What the Hell's a Hoya?

Or as the chant goes:

What the Hell's a Hoya?

What the Hell's a Hoya?

What the Hell's a Hoya?

That's, um, creative.

Two words on why I hate georgetown:

Michael Graham

Love how Paparo immediately called for an ejection and flagarant on Graham... then remembered it was G-Town and gave us a 2-shot foul instead...

I give JTIII credit: Who else but a family member would have taken the Hoyas coaching job in 2004? Eshring hadn't left much to rescue. The towel was long gone. Recruiting was in the tank. Most of the thugs had left for careers in debt collection.

Fast forward to 2012: the team we're playing tomorrow is nothing like its physically intimidating predecessors (they have a Chinese ass-kicking to prove it). They still get favorable whistles. But without the historic complement of gangsters, the refs are rarely called upon to eject a GT player or reorder the last 10 seconds of an SU-GT game so that the Hoyas win.

The fact is, there isn't a lot left to hate. We will play them and we will beat them and we will move forward. They'll go back to their spoiled 'classmates' and wax nostalgic about the glory days when Horace Broadnax kneed Andre' Hawkins in the groin (no call).

As far as a GT-SU rivalry in the future, who knows. The teams may play, but if the game is held at the Verizon, you won't be able to attend. The GT AD, as it did last February, will withhold all public tickets in order to exclude SU fans. Too much Orange cheering upsets delicate Hoya sensibilities.

My how times have changed.

Because they cost us the National Title in 2010.

Because we're talking about practice, man. Practice.

Also, because they made America look bad by getting their asses handed to them by a bunch of Chinese basketball players -- in a fight. Coleman alone could have cleaned the clock of each one of them.

It's natural that a vibrant, ever-succeeding program like SU would naturally outshine the drab, uninventive and irrelevant Georgetown team. It'll be hilarious to see them grey-out a game vs. SMU, where they still won't be able to sell out a game without our fans.

because every time Georgetown wins a game a kitten dies.

This one is next:

SHBCD00Z.jpg
Good thing this kitten is safe at least until this weekend.

they breathe oxygen better reserved for mosquitos carrying EEE.

I hate Georgetown because John Thompson went out a quitter and a coward with his tail between his legs during a bad season. That POS who brought in all that trash didn't deserve to go out on top.

And when you contrast that with the fact that Boeheim is going to go out more revered in the college basketball world than anyone thought possible, this is just one more thing we can throw in their fan's face.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

"For too long the vile stain of evil has been allowed to spread its loathsome agony throughout the world, slowly but steadily eroding and destroying every molecule of beauty and righteousness, the burning, putrefying touch of orange and its sniveling, slobbering dominions of Hades methodically snuffing out every glimmer of hope and light, screeching its glee for the impending apocalypse. But all is not lost. Today is the time. The time for Good and Justice and Purity to announce its resistance, its power, its ability to vanquish evil. The time for the peace and the strength and the sheer joy of Blue to ascend to its rightful throne, to return all that is evil to the dark, forgotten crevices and sinkholes from which escape cannot occur. It starts today. It is time."

- some moronic HoyaTalk poster

Because a vast majority of their players and coaches can't read this thread but somehow made it past admissions at an otherwise selective university.

Above the Rim, Kyle Watson ends up at G'town despite wearing an SU hat in the movie. Although he did accept improper benefits so it's fitting.

Their bush league ticket sales tactics.

Because they're another basketball only school that has been riding our coattails to a bigger payday than they deserve while costing us millions as a result.

I've been posting about the 'grey-out' for months -- unbelievable that the GT AD got away with deliberately withholding public tickets just to exclude Orange Fans. And who in their right mind sets a "minimum allotment" of tickets at 140 in the league contract, when the Verizon -- and most other venues -- seat thousands? Baffling. I hope when we sign the ACC contract we're paying attention to the 'minimum allotment' clause -- so we don't wind up getting shut out of cameron indoor some day (I doubt Duke would ever be that desperate).

For GT's part, it appears that loosing to the 'Cuse at home has become so withering, and the team so shattered, that even a little too much cheering from Orange fans is intolerable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom