I have been assured... | Syracusefan.com

I have been assured...

Pee-test gate will not affect 2003 national championship year and no violations occurred during that season.
awesome, thank you. Anything about this ending Boeheim's and Hop's careers?

Thanks... I'm sure if you had any other nuggets, you'd give them to us... I'm actually surprised, considering we had a guy on the team whose last name sounded like "Weed-elin."

Do you know if this happened primarily On Crouthamels watch, Gross' watch or both?

Nerlens Noel? Give it all up Jake. I'm dying over here. Much obliged!

Pee-test gate will not affect 2003 national championship year and no violations occurred during that season.

Will it affect "The Dynasty," please Jake, for the love of god, tell us it won't affect that team either!!!

large_071128_dn_greene.jpg

Jonny Flynn, Paul Harris, Eric Devendorf, Meshaun Williams, Preston Shumpert, Louis McCroskey, josh Wright, Deshaun Wright Sons of Bitches!

Will it affect "The Dynasty," please Jake, for the love of god, tell us it won't affect that team either!!!

large_071128_dn_greene.jpg
off topic, but dion brought it back against louisville

off topic, but dion brought it back against louisville
Man, that's an ugly jersey! Looks like he tore the arms off a t-shirt and is working around his garage.

Thanks... I'm sure if you had any other nuggets, you'd give them to us... I'm actually surprised, considering we had a guy on the team whose last name sounded like "Weed-elin."

and sounds like mellow

Thank you, Jake. I've been busy pointing out that:

- under the SU policy, one bad test does not mean suspension (that's 8 out of the 10 mentioned by Yahoo);
- even with multiple bad tests, suspension can be cleared after counseling or the AD can issue a waiver;
- it is unknown what went on with the 2 multiple test players cited in the incendiary story. They could have had positive tests in different academic years, they could have been cleared then re-violated, etc, etc... we don't know.
- just b/c SU reports a potential violation (of its own VOLUNTARY) policy doesn't mean the ncaa will ultimately find a breach worthy of an enforcement penalty.

People are going to speculate -- like Forde does in much of the article. But the timing is highly suspect, as is the 'agenda' of Pat Forde, along with the whole motive behind digging for literally "anything" about Syracuse just b/c of BF.

The reference to Baylor was particularly loathsome.

Thanks Jake. Nothin' to see here folks, let's move along....

awesome, thank you. Anything about this ending Boeheim's and Hop's careers?

Yeah. A part time professor at SU thinks they should be canned. He apparently has Cantor's ear.

BTW, on a serious note, anyone else think that if something like this did happen, that it was Bernie who was on the front lines and handled it? He seems to have been the glorified team manager and it's strange that the timeframe involved is the time after JB and Bernie had their professional falling out.

Too "conspiracy theory" of me?

Yeah. A part time professor at SU thinks they should be canned. He apparently has Cantor's ear.

BTW, on a serious note, anyone else think that if something like this did happen, that it was Bernie who was on the front lines and handled it? He seems to have been the glorified team manager and it's strange that the timeframe involved is the time after JB and Bernie had their professional falling out.
i just wanted to legitimize my claim on the other thread.

Jake, will any wins get vacated? I really want JB to get to an unreachable 2nd...

Let's be honest, if 2003 is in the clear with 3 specific players we are all thinking of on that team, I'm not too worried about anything else.

That's good news.

And we all hope their won't be any forfeitures or sanctions.
But whether there are or not, as an alum & fan I'm embarrassed that an institution to which I have such a strong personal tie would be involved in something like this. At its core, this isn't about the players. It's about the institution.

And it doesn't help that Boeheim's quote to Yahoo, that he doesn't know anything about it, seems likely to be completely false. SU's policy apparently required the notification of the head coach.

People can say that the national championship is safe and the current team isn't involved... so who cares? But are people who feel that way really concerned about SU beyond some narrow rooting interest...beyond the W's & L's?

Is there any real Orange pride here? Do we stand for anything beyond a good team?

im waiting for the "hate" button. or perhaps we could label it "schwartz"

That's good news.

And we all hope their won't be any forfeitures or sanctions.
But whether there are or not, as an alum & fan I'm embarrassed that an institution to which I have such a strong personal tie would be involved in something like this. At its core, this isn't about the players. It's about the institution.

And it doesn't help that Boeheim's quote to Yahoo, that he doesn't know anything about it, seems likely to be completely false. SU's policy apparently required the notification of the head coach.

People can say that the national championship is safe and the current team isn't involved... so who cares? But are people who feel that way really concerned about SU beyond some narrow rooting interest...beyond the W's & L's?

Is there any real Orange pride here? Do we stand for anything beyond a good team?
I understand what you're saying but I think we do have good character guys that come through Syracuse. Obviously we dont want to be known as a renegade program with players running around like its Sin City, but I think compared to alot of schools across the country our guys are generally pretty stand up.

The Bernie Fine thing is what it is. Dude was gay and may or may not have had sexual relations with someone of legal age. (Isolated strange incident)

Some kids got caught smoking weed or whatever and we got caught in a gray area, that happens everywhere and unless you want to be at the bottom of the ACC then you have to realize you need to be able to coach up and make immature young men who may come from a troubled past and try to turn them around. Stuff like this is going to happen. It comes with the territory, but I dont think we have an immoral program, we just have some issues we work through and for the most part are succesful in being clean. This doesnt mean there wont be some bumps in the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom